[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Alexander Wants To Be A Dolphin

'canes2004

There's been a rumor floated around Cincy that Alexander will be a Bengal next year. Alexander played high school for a Greater Cincy team and supposedly wouldn't mind coming back to play for the home town and H.C. Marvin Lewis.

But WHAT?!? about Rudi Johnson and Chris Perry you say?

Rudi is a UFA at the end of the year. I think he's proven this year that he is a very nice back who can carry the rock without fumbling, but he's not a difference maker. He appearently isn't much in the receiving department either. The Bengal offense allows for more receptions to the primary RB that Rudi is getting. For the money they would probablly have to pay, why not pay a bit more and get a double threat stud like Alexander?

Perry may not be everything they hoped he'd be. He's been consistantly injured all year and rumor has it showing signs of being dissinterested. The Bengals aren't feeling confident about him becoming a featured back.

But what about cap space?

They will have the cap space to do it. A lot of dead money dissapears at year end and with the exception of Rudi, there aren't many key people to re-sign. They've had two years with way more than their fair share of cap-friendly draft picks.

Just some more food for thought here.

Edited by The Irish Doggy

Being that Alexander will be a free agent and not looking like he will return, will Seattle go with Maurice Morris?  Or will they bring in some other FA RB or use the draft?

Just wondering in a keeper situtation, if Morris is worth picking up.

564606[/snapback]

I've never been sold 100% on Morris. He's super quick, hit's the hole hard, a good receiver out of the backfield, & a great change of pace, but I think he's a little small, and always seems to have small nagging injuries, that would make it tough for him to take the everyday pounding required as a starting RB.

Kerry Carter though, Oh-ho-ho-ho, that guy looks soooooo money to me. I'd love to see him get a shot.

Rudi is a UFA at the end of the year.  I think he's proven this year that he is a very nice back who can carry the rock without fumbling, but he's not a difference maker.   

564566[/snapback]

He certainly was last year, when Cincy had a healthy offensive line and a QB with a clue.

He appearently isn't much in the receiving department either.

I agree, but neither is Jamal Lewis or Dillon.

The Bengal offense allows for more receptions to the primary RB that Rudi is getting.  For the money they would probablly have to pay, why not pay a bit more and get a double threat stud like Alexander?

Because of the salary cap, to which Alexander will cost quite a bit against. Keep in mind that they have to give Walter Jones and Hasselbeck new contracts as well. Right now, their best bet may be to ditch Hasselbeck and draft a rookie.

As much as I like Alexander and as good as he's been, his numbers would be similar to Rudi's if he were in that offense right now. Carson Palmer sucks and that line isn't getting it done. Playing behind guys like Walter Jones and Chris Terry makes a BIG difference.

He certainly was last year, when Cincy had a healthy offensive line and a QB with a clue.

I agree, but neither is Jamal Lewis or Dillon. 

Because of the salary cap, to which Alexander will cost quite a bit against.  Keep in mind that they have to give Walter Jones and Hasselbeck new contracts as well.  Right now, their best bet may be to ditch Hasselbeck and draft a rookie.

As much as I like Alexander and as good as he's been, his numbers would be similar to Rudi's if he were in that offense right now.  Carson Palmer sucks and that line isn't getting it done.  Playing behind guys like Walter Jones and Chris Terry makes a BIG difference.

564704[/snapback]

He hasn't been that much worse than Hasselbeck, and with a less talented o-line and less talented skill players.

I think Alexander would be a good bump for the bengals. A healthy Peter Warrick would have been as well, though.

He hasn't been that much worse than Hasselbeck, and with a less talented o-line and less talented skill players.

564732[/snapback]

Chad Johnson is less talented than Darrell Jackson? Not sure I believe that, but Koren Robinson has been a slight upgrade over an unhealthy Warrick.

Palmer's having a pretty bad season, even for a second-year player. Of course, we won't know until this time next year at the earliest, but Palmer's future doesn't look very bright at the moment, IMO.

Edited by Bill Swerski

Speaking as someone who's seen every Bengals game this year. I've said this many times, but Palmer isn't the problem in Cincy. I actually have a lot of faith in Carson. He's shown poise and hasn't been rattled even though he's taken some serious shots. Its no coincidence that they've won 3 of the last 4 with increasingly better defensive play and offensive line pass protection. Both were miserable in the first 4 games. Carson has also been better in recent games since he hasn't had to try and come back from 14 down in the 4th quarter. Most of his INTs were thrown in the 4th.

Also, something to consider, I wonder how many other QBs would lead their team to 4-5 when they've faced 7 of the top 10 defenses in the league - including the top 4. His #1 receiver is double covered every play (except for some reason on MNF), Warrick is out for the season, multiple injuries along the O-line, yada yada yada I think he's doing OK considering the conditions.

Speaking as someone who's seen every Bengals game this year.  I've said this many times, but Palmer isn't the problem in Cincy. I actually have a lot of faith in Carson.  He's shown poise and hasn't been rattled even though he's taken some serious shots.  Its no coincidence that they've won 3 of the last 4 with increasingly better defensive play and offensive line pass protection.  Both were miserable in the first 4 games.  Carson has also been better in recent games since he hasn't had to try and come back from 14 down in the 4th quarter.  Most of his INTs were thrown in the 4th. 

Also, something to consider, I wonder how many other QBs would lead their team to 4-5 when they've faced 7 of the top 10 defenses in the league - including the top 4.  His #1 receiver is double covered every play (except for some reason on MNF), Warrick is out for the season, multiple injuries along the O-line, yada yada yada I think he's doing OK considering the conditions.

564982[/snapback]

He hasn't looked much better than Krenzel, who has barely had time to learn the playbook and has significantly less in terms of receiving talent (although a much better line).

Since this is Palmer's first season as a starter, he does deserve some slack. However, it's imperative that he picks up his game next year.

Speaking as someone who's seen every Bengals game this year.  I've said this many times, but Palmer isn't the problem in Cincy. I actually have a lot of faith in Carson.  He's shown poise and hasn't been rattled even though he's taken some serious shots.  Its no coincidence that they've won 3 of the last 4 with increasingly better defensive play and offensive line pass protection.  Both were miserable in the first 4 games.  Carson has also been better in recent games since he hasn't had to try and come back from 14 down in the 4th quarter.  Most of his INTs were thrown in the 4th. 

Also, something to consider, I wonder how many other QBs would lead their team to 4-5 when they've faced 7 of the top 10 defenses in the league - including the top 4.  His #1 receiver is double covered every play (except for some reason on MNF), Warrick is out for the season, multiple injuries along the O-line, yada yada yada I think he's doing OK considering the conditions.

564982[/snapback]

Sometimes we are too quick to dismiss a player and conversely to quickly hail someone as the next great thing. This year take Drew Brees's who was pretty much labelled a bust after that big shouting match he got into with Schottenheimer at the end of last year. Thus causing the Chargers to spend the #1 pick on Manning who became Phillip Rivers. Perhaps if Brees was given a little more time to become a good QB then the Chargers would have a Robert Gallery, Larry Fitzgerald, Roy Williams to complement the offense. This is the same argument I say about Vick; give the guy a chance before you start writing someone off as a bust. We are way to quick to move on to the next prospect. I think Carson Palmer could become a quality QB if given the time. However after Kitna's excellent season last year the pressure was put on Palmer to perform at a high level right now................

this is all my opinion, but i think alexander is just pimping Miami. these players know it's a business and put pressure on their teams to resign them. he has to act like he's willing to go elsewhere like it's no big deal. If he sounds too committed about wanting to stay in Seattle then the hawks are gonna low-ball him.

it's a business, who in their right mind would want to go rush for Miami right now with that offensive line? It wouldn't be a good financial move by Shaun and I'm sure all RBs have this in mind. Whoever goes there has a good chance of starting, but not a good chance at achieving desirable stats.

"If it happens to be Miami..." is hardly a firm statement by Alexander that he wants to go there. After reading the article, it sounds like he was being put on the spot after discussing his first NFL game played in Miami.

In fact, Alexander has actually stated quite plainly that he wants to remain a Hawk after this year. Source Seattle P.I. (Homer Paper)

"This is where I want to be, and everybody knows that," Alexander said.

"So for me, it's really simple. The people upstairs have stuff to do, and let's leave it at that."

Shaun wants to be a Hawk :D

Edited by Gak Attack