[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How are you treating your family on Christmas?

skylive5

This year the Christmas season air is full of the NFL.

Christmas eve (Friday) we have one game. Christmas (Saturday) we have two. And then the day after Christmas (Sunday) we have the rest of the sked, except of course, MNF on the 27th. Four solid days of the NFL.

So will all you FF/NFL fanatics be foregoing the usual family affairs to spend your Christmas time in front of the TV? Will you be letting the angst of Week 16 of the NFL (FF playoff time) interfere with your holiday spirit and enjoyment?

For me.... week 16 is the SB in my three leagues. However, I know I have no chance to make it in two and I am not going to let the other one, where I have an excellent chance, get in the way of Christmas. Football runs all year for me.... Christmas comes but once a year and it's all about family. Not the NFL.

(Disclaimer: We have no kids at home... haven't for years. However, everyone will be at our house on Christmas eve and Christmas as they have always been.)

A 5:00pm game and an 8:30 pm game on Christmas night- that's great.

I don't know about you guys, but Christmas NIGHT is all about the guys (brothers, brothers-in-law, uncles, etc.) hanging out after dinner and having some drinks while the women chat away endlessy, and the kids (cousins, etc.) play with their new toys.

It is a PERFECT setting for NFL football.

Christmas Eve NIGHT and Christmas DAY are the times to enjoy with my immediate family mostly-

Always time for a little football. Heck, in 1999 and 2000, the Saints had home games on Christmas Eve. The Dome was actually more alive than a regular game in some respects -- very festive atmosphere, everyone in good spirits. Each game was over in plenty of time to still have a nice meal out and go to evening services. Probably wasn't ideal for anyone with much of a drive, but when the stadium was 10 minutes from the house, no problems.

My wife is very considerate when it comes to sharing time with NFL and fantasy football. As long as I'm giving plenty of time to her and my daughter, everything will be all right. Plus I have a secret weapon. I managed to get my wife hooked on Playstation 2. So, of course she'll have a few new games to play on Christmas. :D

How am I treating my family on Christmas?

Like the slave I always am.

Go here, do this....go there, do that....go here next, oh yeah.....gotta get the Santa thing down between 1:00 and 3:00 AM...so we can wake up and let the Thorpettes play for a while until we have to.....go here, do this....go there, do that.

Football?

Sure, I get a little of it when I'm napping on someone's couch.

The past few years we trek to Buffalo to see the wife's family, she has 2 sisters and a brother all married with kids. We have 4 little nieces and nephew's (and one more on the way) to keep us busy (we don't have any yet). On Christmas Day after the little ones see what Santa brought they all go to their other grandparents. We spend the day with my inlaws playing cards, and having some cocktails. :D I'll be able to watch some of the games during the day.

On Sunday the whole family (about 50 of us :bigshock: ) will be at her Unlce and Aunt's for the day..they have a big screen and will definitely have football on.

That'll be my superbowl if I make it (9-1 now B) ). And they have internet so I'll be all set....unless we get hit with 30" of snow and loose power, which is possible in Buffalo :D

But let's not get ahead of ourselves....it's not even Turkey Day Yet!!

I am way ahead of you. This is my first year as a Colts Season Ticket Holder and I noticed right away that they have a game the day after Christmas. And with games on every other day that weekend I know I will be tuning in to at least listen. Especially since I am competing well in both of my local leagues.

But here's the problem with the 26th. I have 2 Daughters. one of them always goes to her in-laws the day after Christmas the other always comes to my house. The husband of the daughter that comes to my house also has a season ticket to the Colts, but only 1. So he was thinking about not going to the game on the 26th to avoid the wrath of my daughter and of course if he didn't go I would have to stay home as well.

Then I discovered the Colts Football for Women program. It's a PR thing that lets the girls come to the Colts Practice Facility to learn a little about the game of Football.

There were two events, by attending one of these events each girl would get a ticket to a Colts Game. By going to the 2nd event, as opposed to the 1st, the ticket they would receive would be to the game on the 26th. So needless to say my Son-in-law & I bought two tickets to this Womens Football Event. One for my daughter and one for the friend of her choice. We then presented it to my Daughter as her birthday present since her Birthday is in late October and the event was November 16th the timing was pretty good.

So we looked like heroe's for this really cool gift and we get to go to the Colts game on the 26th guilt free.

Christmas Eve I won't be watching....be too busy finishing up the wrapping and watching a Christmas movie with the wife.

Christmas morning is all about the children/wife. TV won't be on.

I have a chance at watching the late game. everybody should be getting a little tired by then and we would've wrapped up the presents/early dinner.

Sunday, regular routine and I'll get to watch the games.

well, seeing as X-mas Eve is my beloved Vikes vs. the dreaded cheddarheads..... I'll somehow have to incorporate it into the schedule. :D It will tough though..... having a couple 4 year old girls that are already looking up the chimney to make sure Santa can fit...... makes me think I'll be a bit busy that night. :D

And for the Sunday game...... they'll be pre-occupied with their new toys so it will be no problem that I'll be @ the Hawks game. B)

As long as I can get thru the holiday season without seeing "It's a Wonderful Life" I consider it a success. :D

565185[/snapback]

Finally i am not alone on the feeling of that movie. :D Especially the last line REALLY making me feel more worthless than i really am.