[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How are you treating your family on Christmas?

skylive5

Sky, you just made me realize that I will be in St. Louis for the 12/27 Rams/Eagles MNF game. My wife, however, will be on a plane to Switzerland. I'm thinking that perhaps I can go to the game with some combination of my dad, my brothers, and/or my brother-in-laws. (or at the very least I'll be able to watch the game on television with them). Cool!

Christmas Eve is definitely out for me. 2 functions to go to, and the later one is the family that doesn't watch football.

On Christmas day, I'll probably watch a bit of the early game because of the Chiefs, but at that point they will be playing out the string, so won't really care. Night game will be out, due to a family function.

Sunday is wide open, however, so that will be my day to relax, recover, and enjoy.

Since i never had a good Christmas for a very long time....football for me.

564902[/snapback]

*** Big John...That's rather depressing. There's a spot at our dinner table and we can take over my son's race track for a couple of hours if that'll help.

(jackshi17 @ 11/19/04 06:22pm)

As long as I can get thru the holiday season without seeing "It's a Wonderful Life" I consider it a success.

Finally i am not alone on the feeling of that movie. :D Especially the last line REALLY making me feel more worthless than i really am.

565199[/snapback]

NO NO NO--you guys are approaching this movie all wrong.

If you watch it as a study of the banking system's response to a liquidity crises in the absence of deposit insurance and pro-active central bank lender of last resort actions, the movie becomes much more meaningful and enjoyable. :D (I make my Money & Banking classes watch part of it).

(And don't even get me started on The Wizard of Oz as a monetary allegory)

Edited by wiegie

Finally i am not alone on the feeling of that movie. :D Especially the last line REALLY making me feel more worthless than i really am.

565199[/snapback]

If you watch it as a study of the banking system's response to a liquidity crises in the absence of deposit insurance and pro-active central bank lender of last resort actions, the movie becomes much more meaningful and enjoyable. :D (I make my Money & Banking classes watch part of it).

565495[/snapback]

Now my brain hurts...

564902[/snapback]

Big John,

You can be a real pain sometimes, but I am honestly sorry to hear that things aren't going your way. That was kind of sad to read - seriously. Best wishes for you and I hope things turn around and this becomes a great holiday season for you and yours.

565495[/snapback]

the movie to watch on X-mas is the 24 hr. marathon on TBS or TNT of A Christmas Story with Darren McGavin.

Ralphie & his red rider BB gun....great character names in the flick too..... Flick, Schwartz, Grover & Scut Farkus. :D

Finally i am not alone on the feeling of that movie. B) Especially the last line REALLY making me feel more worthless than i really am.

565199[/snapback]

565495[/snapback]

:D:D

564902[/snapback]

Come on Big John... buck up... just a bump on the road of life....

Be more than happy to have you come on out here and celebrate the holidays with us. More than enough room for ya.

Maybe there might be something you could look into while you are here. You never know.

the movie to watch on X-mas is the 24 hr. marathon on TBS or TNT of A Christmas Story with Darren McGavin.

Ralphie & his red rider BB gun....great character names in the flick too..... Flick, Schwartz, Grover & Scut Farkus. :D

565531[/snapback]

LOL That is a must play here. Grandkids love it.

Our partial list, in no particular order, for Christmas viewing:

Black Adders Christmas Carol

A Christmas Carol (orig)

A Christmas Carol w/ GC Scott

An American Christmas Carol

It's A Wonderful Life

Miracle on 34th St (orig-my favorite)

A Christmas Story

The Bishops Wife

Frosty the Snowman

...The Christmas movie with Chevy Chase and Randy Quaid.. forget the name right now.

Somewhere in there, this year, I am going to have to find time for at least a little bit of football. Not a whole lot, but some.

I don't like the idea of football on Christmas day... and the NFL on Christmas eve is downright wrong... but the day after should be okay I guess. I'm sure the single people here don't see it my way, and I can understand that, but for people with young kids.... just appears that the NFL is anti-family/anti-Christmas. However, being a realist about our society today.... I am sure that every stadium, for every game, will be SRO.

I have a good excuse for watching football. Basically, my mom is not too well, and we are going up to see her in Oregon. My sister and her hubby live nearby my mother, but they want to go see her husband's mom, who is getting on in years. So essentially I go up, relieve my sister's family on the mom-watch, and she gets to go visit her mom-in-law.

So with the exception of my mother (who can only take a few hours a day of attention before she wears out) I won't have that many family distractions outside the immediate crew.

Of course I would rather have my mom be more healthy. But since she isn't, at least I get to watch more football.

Hey Big John..... I always find the holidays to be very depressing as well. I avoid watching any of those holiday movies, suicidally depressing. If you have your health, there is hope. I'll be here on the holidays, if you want to shoot the chit, friend. There won't be much going on in my corner of the world either. Glad we have a football distraction! :D

X-mas eve is at the in-laws.I am a HUGE packers fan so my wife and I already discussed the plan.We will leave home around 6:30 and be there for around 7:00.Absolutely no one out there could give a rip about football.Saturday's games are easy being they are on late.We will be home all day.Sunday is status quo,football all day long.This whole plan could blow up though if I don't make it to the title game in week 16

Christmas is about family, so, we will enjoy it together. Plus, my 3 1/2 year old will most likely be up very early...so I doubt I'll make it past 8:30 or 9:00 that night(Christmas night). Also, both are parents live in town so we will be going to both the G parents. I'll most likely use the computer to check out the NFL "goings on". Happy Holidays to all.