[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What pos. is the hardest to manage

weekapaug

Which is hardest. Draft and week to week?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Which is hardest. Draft and week to week?

• QB
    • RB
    • WR
    • TE
    • K
    • DEF

I focus my auction getting 2-3 top RB's and a top-2 D, which makes it impossible to get a "lock" WR without getting the rest of my players from the crapper (auction, not draft).

From what I've seen, most people take RBs with their top 2 picks, which leave you with the more risky WRs to play with ~ and the top 5-20 WRs seem to fluctuate from year-to-year.

I've had luck tracking WR progress during the first 3-4 weeks, and landing a good producer from waivers. S. Moss last season and Clayton this season.

I think the WRs are so dependant on the QB having a good season, the O-line doing a decent job of pass protection, and the RB being a threat to stave-off the pass rush...just too many variables to make this position consistant.

Edited by Gak Attack

When Peyton chants "cut that meat" in his commercial, he's poking fun at me yelling at him through the television "throw to reggie wayne" ... WRs are just tooo unpredictable as to when they'll get their TDs (unless, it seems, they are TO this year).

Definitely WR. If you told me prior to the draft that after a few trades my starting WRs were Ward, C. Johnson, and DJax, I would have been willing to bet that I had the best WR corps in my league. The reality is that the three of them have burried me this season.

Last year I drafted Donald Driver in the fourth round. Total bust. If I hadn't traded for Moss prior to the start of the season, it would have been ugly. (Still was, come to think of it.)

The year before that, I drafted T.O., Mason, and Kevin Johnson (after his breakout 2001 campaign) in the first five rounds and thought I was set. Mason and KJ were busts for the most part and I ended up trading Portis (along with the league title) for Peerless Price prior to Week 10. Of course Price only had one big game after that and I was eliminated in the first round of the playoffs.

79% say WR's, and I'm one of those, for sure. In any given week, one can show up and just lightning strike the scoreboard, and then do nothing for weeks. Patten or Givens? Burress or Ward? Which one will it be this week? Even M Harrison is no sure thing. ts, I dont know how the heck you can pick WR's so well in the FFTOC. If it werent for McNair getting hurt, I'm in the top 10% for both QB's and RB's...... WR's are a completely different story, I'm in the lower 50% for recievers.