[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How much more of this needs to go on...

Monsters Of The Midway

Seriously...where is DMD? The Huddle Forums has completely lost all integrity in the College Forum Area. When did it change from a bunch of guys thinking their team was the greatest thing since sliced bread to this immature name calling / garbage that the board is flooded with now? Sure Sarge says some things that may be way off base in some guys' eyes but, he has been here longer than most of us and is a respected member of The Huddle regardless of his homerism. Heck, he even has his own section on the front page. If you guys want to talk smack about "your" team, great! That's fine. Regardless of how off base it may seem, it's just another guy's opinion.

I would seriously consider petitioning banning one particular member from this site (it's no secret who I'm talking about). All you need to do is click on anyone of the threads in this forum to see where I'm coming from. Heck, I can pretty much guarantee you won't have to because I am all but certain that this thread will be full of posts to support my petition before DMD even reads it.

Bottom line... Either grow up or get this kid out of here so I can attempt to talk about college football instead of reading cracks about Sarge's sexual preference or birds flying upside down over any given State.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If anyone expects to come into the College Football Forum and have an active and constuctive discussion, they are sadly mistaken.

15 yard unsportsmanlike penalty on myself today, because I came in here with some free time this afternoon and had a choice to not hit the "add reply" button on my message about the primary culprit of this particular forum smelling like a sewer.

The first solution is not for the mods to step in. The first solution would be to let the guy play in his own sandbox, and quite simply, stop responding to his taunting. I did that for several months, but for some reason couldn't do so today. It won't happen again.

If the multitude of post go on without responses, and all they do is flame and contain insulting comments, I would think the mods then would understand exactly what is going on.

If anyone expects to come into the College Football Forum and have an active and constuctive discussion, they are sadly mistaken.

15 yard unsportsmanlike penalty on myself today, because I came in here with some free time this afternoon and had a choice to not hit the "add reply" button on my message about the primary culprit of this particular forum smelling like a sewer.

The first solution is not for the mods to step in. The first solution would be to let the guy play in his own sandbox, and quite simply, stop responding to his taunting. I did that for several months, but for some reason couldn't do so today. It won't happen again.

If the multitude of post go on without responses, and all they do is flame and contain insulting comments, I would think the mods then would understand exactly what is going on.

567305[/snapback]

:D Good advice gilthorp. Thanks.

I have to admit this guy brings out the worst in me. I suppose I could ignore it, but its just to easy to slam him when he makes a mistake. And it happens so often, it isnt even fun to show him any longer.

Personally Im done with this clown. Hopefully others will follow the lead of this post and let him just make an idiot of himself without response.

My apologies fellas for coming down to his level just to kick the kid while he is down.

Now lets get back to how great OU is, and how the Big 10 stinks. :D

Im kidding, Im kinda sick of the Big 10 rhetoric as well. Id rather discuss the BCS mess, theh NC and the Heisman from this point on, along of course the mighty Sooners.

I have to admit this guy brings out the worst in me.  I suppose I could ignore it, but its just to easy to slam him when he makes a mistake.  And it happens so often, it isnt even fun to show him any longer.

Personally Im done with this clown.  Hopefully others will follow the lead of this post and let him just make an idiot of himself without response. 

My apologies fellas for coming down to his level just to kick the kid while he is down.

Now lets get back to how great OU is, and how the Big 10 stinks.  :D

Im kidding, Im kinda sick of the Big 10 rhetoric as well. Id rather discuss the BCS mess, theh NC and the Heisman from this point on, along of course the mighty Sooners.

567317[/snapback]

Hey Sarge. Even though you and I are both Oklahoma homers, even sometimes I have found us disagreeing on certain issues. I feel that is alright. We are all entitled to our own opinion and that's what the message boards are here for. You have been 'round here significantly longer than I have and I respect that. Logic would tell me that you are a knowledeable guy...you've got your own column on the pay info for goodness sakes. :D

I'm just getting sick of the constant blah blah you're gay blah blah your sister is ugly blah blah &%$&^ blah blah garbage. Smack talk is one thing but, that is the kind of chatter that one would expect in some AOL chat room or on the Yahoo football message boards. When I came over to the message boards last year, there was plenty of good smacktalk going on and you (along with others) were making the same bold homer predictions then. However, there wasn't all of this (and you know exactly what I'm talking about) 4 year old garbage going on back then.

I've tried to talk you into just ignoring him so that The Huddle Message Board could hopefully go back to the COLLEGE smacktalk of yesteryear. There's more Sarge vs. Bandwagon Boy then there is COLLEGE smacktalk and it's pathetic. This forum has become pathetic. You're an old-timer around here and a well respected contributor to The Huddle. Leave ol' boy alone and act like it. B)

Seriously...where is DMD?  The Huddle Forums has completely lost all integrity in the College Forum Area.  When did it change from a bunch of guys thinking their team was the greatest thing since sliced bread to this immature name calling / garbage that the board is flooded with now?  Sure Sarge says some things that may be way off base in some guys' eyes but, he has been here longer than most of us and is a respected member of The Huddle regardless of his homerism.  Heck, he even has his own section on the front page.  If you guys want to talk smack about "your" team, great!  That's fine.  Regardless of how off base it may seem, it's just another guy's opinion.

I would seriously consider petitioning banning one particular member from this site (it's no secret who I'm talking about).  All you need to do is click on anyone of the threads in this forum to see where I'm coming from.  Heck, I can pretty much guarantee you won't have to because I am all but certain that this thread will be full of posts to support my petition before DMD even reads it.

Bottom line...  Either grow up or get this kid out of here so I can attempt to talk about college football instead of reading cracks about Sarge's sexual preference or birds flying upside down over any given State.

567218[/snapback]

Although I agree with you, that ohiostatefan does say some absurd things, some of us Big Ten fans, think that there isn't anything wrong with proving a moron (like sarge) wrong. Especially when he does his own little research, and fabricates facts.

As for hte Big Ten discussion, I've said that you don't know a conferences strength until the Bowls. That's when you seperate everything. And if someone is going to sit here and call a conference weak the last 3 years, when his conference performed just as bad, if not worse, than you *** right, I am going to take exception to that.

BTW, I'd love to see Oklahoma go 9-2 with there first 5 running backs on the depth chart being out for most of the year.

Although I agree with you, that ohiostatefan does say some absurd things, some of us Big Ten fans, think that there isn't anything wrong with proving a moron (like sarge) wrong. Especially when he does his own little research, and fabricates facts.

As for hte Big Ten discussion, I've said that you don't know a conferences strength until the Bowls. That's when you seperate everything. And if someone is going to sit here and call a conference weak the last 3 years, when his conference performed just as bad, if not worse, than you *** right, I am going to take exception to that.

BTW, I'd love to see Oklahoma go 9-2 with there first 5 running backs on the depth chart being out for most of the year.

567334[/snapback]

If you want to call him an idiot because of some of the things he says seem absurd to you and he has no basis to prove it in your opinion, THAT'S GREAT! However, I don't think perceived sexual preference, the physical attraction/ugliness of someone's wife, how birds fly, or perceived sexual favors one does for one's hometeam coach has anything to do with ones football knowledge. :D

I agree, but that includes the absurd Sooner fans as much as ohiostatefan. It goes for everyone.

567350[/snapback]

I think anyone who visits this forum with any regularity knows who it should stop and start with. On one hand, I believe restraint can be shown, and I made that appeal. On the other hand, I think you'll see in the next few hours the type of response you'll get from the other side.

Let's compare the two when all precincts are reporting.

I have to admit this guy brings out the worst in me.  I suppose I could ignore it, but its just to easy to slam him when he makes a mistake.  And it happens so often, it isnt even fun to show him any longer.

Personally Im done with this clown.   Hopefully others will follow the lead of this post and let him just make an idiot of himself without response. 

Now lets get back to how great OU is, and how the Big 10 stinks.   :D

567317[/snapback]

We reap what we sow Sarge, If you would have SIMPLY stopped bashing EVERY SINGLE conference in the country for the past 2 years this would not be happening, needless to say before 2 years ago, i had no opinion on OU or the Big 12 at all, then you started opening that trash compactor you call a mouth and diss EVERYONE on this forum that has an opionion on the Big 12 or for that matter if anyone thinks USC should have been in the NC last year, you bashed them, now this year if anyone has an opinion that Auburn should go , bash them, THIS IS YOUR IMMATURE MESS, I WILL NOT BACK DOWN FROM ANY SCHOOL YARD BULLY, YOUR A PUNK!!!!!

The more you and your following BASH anyone and everyone in this forum the more resistance you will see!!!

THE ONLY REASON WHATSOEVER!! i don't care for the Big 12 and it's forum members.....................SGT. RYAN!!!

The most overbearing IDIOT i have ever ran into, then i seem to look like the provocater because i retalliate?? GET A CLUE, this jerkoff is such a HOMER ! it is rediculous!!

Did any Michigan fans see me bash them?..............NO, Sarge has made it personal with multiple huddlers and i have the PM's to prove it!!!

The more i see the DOTARDS, idiodic post the more upset it make me and several others.

The more his other homers come to his aide when i am tongue lashing him, the more you'll be whipped as well :D

Edited by theeohiostate

Hey Monsters here was my very first post in this forum last year, I had been a member of the Huddle for years but had never signed up for the forum, i used other sites for that. I had been seeing several post about my Bucks, the Big 10 in general and the Pac 10 for your buddy Sgt. Ryan, so i simply signed on a made a post , to make my case for my Bucks to be in a NC game, before the Michigan loss of course, and along with it is the classy response from the overbearing IDIOT you wish to align yourself with:

The True #1 is:

Track this topic | Email this topic | Print this topic

theeohiostate 11/14/03 08:37pm Post #1

Huddler Pro

Group: Members

From: North of the Ohio River, South of the Greatest Lake

Member No.: 4,695

Oklahoma's opponents records are 54-44, they have played ONE team ranked in the current top 25, "TOUGH SCHEDULE !"

USC's oppenents records are 45-42, they too have played only ONE current top 25 team, but lost to an unranked team. SCARY!!

Da' BUCKS opponents records are 53-46, they have played THREE!!!! current top 25 teams,and lost to a previously ranked team

HUH, the bucks have played better competition, lost to a bettter opponent, It's obvious they'll be back in the Championship game,beating another overhyped team. I'll be there this year too, to enjoy it in person.

--------------------

Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that.

SHANKLY

Sgt. Ryan 11/14/03 11:10pm Post #2

Huddler Pro

Group: Members

Member No.: 135

This can't be this easy can it.

Yo Dumbass, OU hasnt lost yet. So how could OSU have lost to a better opponent.

--------------------

Sooner Nation

2003 Heisman Trophy Winner Jason White for Heisman in 2004!

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato

Now, firstly, how could anyone like as ass that greets you to the site by calling you a dumbass???

Now i was talking about OSU being in the game ahead of USC at the time but of course whenever ANYONE metions OU in any negative form or fashiion, BULLYBOY rears his ugly face!! I listened to his BASHING of EVERY TEAM in the country last year and this and i was sick and tired of his relentless bashing of EVERY huddler that didn't share his thought process. If you are looking for an answer, PUT A LEASE ON SGT.RYAN :D

Out of respect for those who wish to talk football and not hear all the smack, i will not be posting anymore tasteless post about OU, HOWEVER if this JERKOFF, SGT. starts smacking his mouth off again to anyone who shares their honest thoughts in the forum i will be on him shiat AGAIN!!

Edited by theeohiostate

If you want to call him an idiot because of some of the things he says seem absurd to you and he has no basis to prove it in your opinion, THAT'S GREAT!  However, I don't think perceived sexual preference, the physical attraction/ugliness of someone's wife, how birds fly, or perceived sexual favors one does for one's hometeam coach has anything to do with ones football knowledge. :D

567336[/snapback]

??? Nor does talking about, the state of OHIO, it fans, the people at the stadium, before you lecture me again, make sure it goes both ways :D

I think anyone who visits this forum with any regularity knows who it should stop and start with. On one hand, I believe restraint can be shown, and I made that appeal. On the other hand, I think you'll see in the next few hours the type of response you'll get from the other side.

Let's compare the two when all precincts are reporting.

567359[/snapback]

I hope you are referring to Sgt. Ryan as you pass your judgement. If you truely have frequented the site, and that means for a few years than you must understand that some of us are sick of his constant bashing of EVERY conference in football, and the only way i know to respond to such IDIOTIC statements are to bash him back, immature?........yes, i admit, but to cast blame on me is simply an irresponcible statement.

I would like to set aside my differences with some members that are Big 12 homers, i have only one problem...........SGT.RYAN, if he continues he bashing with every member who speaks his mind, i will be their to inflict some pain :D

I have witnessed SEVERAL new members come into this forum and make an intelligent post, only to be BASHED by you know who.

I could care less of HOMERISM but this idiot has always taken it a step futher and bashed all others, i will not tolerate it!

I would seriously consider petitioning banning one particular member from this site (it's no secret who I'm talking about).  All you need to do is click on anyone of the threads in this forum to see where I'm coming from.  Heck, I can pretty much guarantee you won't have to because I am all but certain that this thread will be full of posts to support my petition before DMD even reads it.

.........and I'm sure i could get many more that would like to see Sgt. Ryan gone :D

.......petition the only member that will not tolerate an IDIOT like SGT.Ryan from bashing every team in the country??

You, must want this forum to become a dictatorship?? and everyone agree with what Sarge says..........hmmm.

It's not that simple, we live in a democratic society and most of us do not wish to bow down to the threat, insults and one-sided statements we have heard...year after year, maybe some of you are submissive, NOT ME!!

All of these arguments would be moot if you all would simply acknowledge that the SEC is the premeire college football conference.

B)

567979[/snapback]

This is an agruement that i have made FOR the SEC for 2 years, even being a Big 10 Homer, i have the sense, unlike some to realize, the SEC has been the best in college football for the past 2 years, without a doubt. Yet it is statements like this that fire up others on this board, and it's my fault :D

Most Homers have the insight to see the big picture if they have any intellegence, you'd think ?

I do not want to start anymore crap, so i'll leave it at that, I AGREE WITH you, even though i love the BIG 10, i bow down to the SEC last year and this year :D

Most years Id agree with that.  This yr, not so fast...

569880[/snapback]

Hmmm... that sounds like an argument from... last year, and the year before, and the year before, why go all the way back to 1996 when the Big 12 was supposed to be the supereme ruler of all of college football, and they fell flat on their faces ever since. This year is different I suppose. So SEC and Big Ten fans, even though you dominate the Big 12 in non conference games (BOWL GAMES) it's over with, the Big 12 has finally taken over. This is the year! Finally after 8 years, they finally decided to take over.

Hmmm... that sounds like an argument from... last year, and the year before, and the year before, why go all the way back to 1996 when the Big 12 was supposed to be the supereme ruler of all of college football, and they fell flat on their faces ever since. This year is different I suppose. So SEC and Big Ten fans, even though you dominate the Big 12 in non conference games (BOWL GAMES) it's over with, the Big 12 has finally taken over. This is the year! Finally after 8 years, they finally decided to take over.

569895[/snapback]

Boy, it sounds like you're another guy that just has an axe to grind with Sarge...have fun with it....you're another that just wants to stir the pot.

Boy, it sounds like you're another guy that just has an axe to grind with Sarge...have fun with it....you're another that just wants to stir the pot.

570000[/snapback]

Most of this has little to do with "an axe to grind" it is more to the point of acknowledging that other conferences are tougher, i am a Big 10 Homer and accept that fact the the SEC has been stronger the last few years, no big deal, but some people hear will not hear these facts??

So when it is shoved down your face without any real facts to bare it out, it gets a little annoying.

Boy, it sounds like you're another guy that just has an axe to grind with Sarge...

570000[/snapback]

C'mon, Sarge is just such a COMPLETELY biased OU homer it's impossible to give any creedence to anything he might say. KState at least manages to root for his team without resorting to Moe Howardisms and maintains a reasonable sense of objectivity.

Not to mention Sarge now has a hypeman in Lil10areajoke, someone who has apparently decided that his presence on this board should be announced by dissing a college football conference.

I'm not defending theohiostate at all, but there's a fair share of knuckleheaded blowhards here even IF he left. It gets tiresome and is rarely enjoyable in this forum.

C'mon, Sarge is just such a COMPLETELY biased OU homer it's impossible to give any creedence to anything he might say. KState at least manages to root for his team without resorting to Moe Howardisms and maintains a reasonable sense of objectivity.

Not to mention Sarge now has a hypeman in Lil10areajoke, someone who has apparently decided that his presence on this board should be announced by dissing a college football conference.

I'm not defending theohiostate at all, but there's a fair share of knuckleheaded blowhards here even IF he left. It gets tiresome and is rarely enjoyable in this forum.

570623[/snapback]

Chavez, no doubt...it does get tiresome. But, this forum can be saved and I was am still am putting in my 2 cents to attempt to bring some form of civility back to the forefront.

I'm fairly sure Sarge will turn the other cheek from the baiters, and I'm also hopeful, people will come to their senses and have the desire to communicate about college football instead of filling thread after thread with personal attacks.

If I'm wrong, I'm wrong...who knows? :D

Seriously...where is DMD?  The Huddle Forums has completely lost all integrity in the College Forum Area.  When did it change from a bunch of guys thinking their team was the greatest thing since sliced bread to this immature name calling / garbage that the board is flooded with now?  Sure Sarge says some things that may be way off base in some guys' eyes but, he has been here longer than most of us and is a respected member of The Huddle regardless of his homerism.  Heck, he even has his own section on the front page.  If you guys want to talk smack about "your" team, great!  That's fine.  Regardless of how off base it may seem, it's just another guy's opinion.

Bottom line...  Either grow up or get this kid out of here so I can attempt to talk about college football instead of reading cracks about Sarge's sexual preference or birds flying upside down over any given State.

567218[/snapback]

Are the OU homers taking any responsibilty for this? My perception of this forum is that if you don't agree with the OU homers, then you can expect some backlash. Some of it gets down right personal. This was before theohiostate even arrived on the scene. I know that I have had my battles with Sarge, you, and Sarge's pet monkey Lil10areajoke. You guys have gone out of you way to trash the PAC 10, the BIG 10, and now the SEC in defense of your team and now you want DMD to come in and restore order now that it clearly has gotten out of control. Oh, and being a lifetime member or one of the writers does not make you exempt from posting responsibly. I have been guilty of this bad behavior as well, but have still enjoyed the forum until lately.

I agree that we should somehow keep it about college football. There is nothing wrong with point, counter point as long as it has some basis of fact backed by data.