[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Here we go again with Peyton...

aterry1979

He is averaging more carries per game, for more yds per carry than in any other season since his injury. And BEFORE this week he was the 6th ranked RB in both of my leagues, yesterdays performance has vaulted him into the TOP 5. What more could Edge owners expect?

569780[/snapback]

Ahhh.... a question right in my wheelhouse.

You're missing the point of this thread. You use the word "expect". The proper word I believe is "want".

Ask it this way - What more could Edge owners want? Speaking for myself only - I want it all.

Edge owners want him to get more of those TDs - particularly those that are passes inside the 5 and particulary those that Edge has done a chunk of the work moving the ball only to not get a TD - and particularly those owners that are in a TD only league want him to get ANY TDs.

People on this board have called others crybabies and what not and that irritates me a good deal. I'm not arguing against the Colts offense. If it works, it works. I am arguing solely from the perspective of fantasy football that as an Edge owner, I would like to see him get more TDs and it p-sses the h-ll out of me that for all the points the Colts' offense scores, Edge has what - 6 TDs? Pitiful.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In that offense, the ball is being spread around quite well.

Wayne 9 TD's

Harrison 8 TD's

Stokley 5 TD's

Clark 5 TD's

Pollard 6 TD's

James 6 TD's

From a fantasy perspective, I think you have unrealistic expectations. Try being a Deuce McAllister owner, or even worse, a Michael Bennett owner. JRick's point was valid. You are getting top 5 production from a guy you probably did not draft in the top 5. For those of us who don't have a top 5 guy, it sounds like a bunch of :bawling:

Yeah, so let's see... Edge is on pace for over 1,700 rushing yds and over 9 TDs. Yeah, he's getting really screwed by that "greedy" Manning guy. :D

FWIW, nobody seemed to care a couple years ago when Marvin had 143 receptions and Wayne and Ismail had less than 50 each. Neither of those guys reached 5 TDs, while Marvin had 11. Nobody seemed to care that Pollard's TD numbers got cut in half (from 6 to 3) the following year either.

In that offense, the ball is being spread around quite well. 

Wayne 9 TD's

Harrison 8 TD's

Stokley 5 TD's

Clark 5 TD's

Pollard 6 TD's

James 6 TD's

From a fantasy perspective, I think you have unrealistic expectations.  Try being a Deuce McAllister owner, or even worse, a Michael Bennett owner.  JRick's point was valid.  You are getting top 5 production from a guy you probably did not draft in the top 5.  For those of us who don't have a top 5 guy, it sounds like a bunch of :bawling:

569881[/snapback]

Captain Hook your point on the TD distribution is right on. Manning does have 35 TD passes but not one other guy is in double digits. So it's not like Manning is throwing them all to one guy. Edge is no less in the mix than anyone else.

To everyone that is complaining, compare Manning's distribution to Cuplepper's when Moss is playing. Through the 6 weeks that Moss played C-pep had 18 TD's and nearly half of them, 8, were to Moss. At that pace, if Moss had stayed healthy, he would already be at 13 or 14 TD's out of C-pep's 27 TD tosses. But with Manning's distribution he has created no less than 5 viable Fantasy Receiving options in the same offense, where most teams have no more than 2. And Edge's production is still UP over last year's. There simply isn't anything to complain about, other than passing up on Manning in the draft. Which someone in my league did to draft Fred Taylor. :D

As for the short TD's Edge has been given carries inside the 10. He just hasn't done anything with them. He is and always has been more effective from further out.

Honestly I wish I had the privilege of pissing and moaning about how my Top 5 RB isn't doing good enough.

Edited to add: In my league, we award yardage & TD's and penalize lost fumbles & INT's, Wayne is ranked 3rd, Harrison is 7th and Stokely is 18th among the WR's. Edge is ranked #5 among RB's, and Clark is ranked 8th and Pollard is ranked 10th among TE's. And of course Manning is ranked 1st among QB's.

So from the same offense there are no less than three players ranked in the Top 5 of their positions and altogether there are 7 players ranked 18th at their position or better.

There is nothing wrong with what the Colts are doing from either a Fantasy or real-world perspective.

Edited by Jrick35

Ahhh.... a question right in my wheelhouse.

You're missing the point of this thread. You use the word "expect". The proper word I believe is "want".

Ask it this way - What more could Edge owners want? Speaking for myself only - I want it all.

Edge owners want him to get more of those TDs  - particularly those that are passes inside the 5 and particulary those that Edge has done a chunk of the work moving the ball only to not get a TD - and particularly those owners that are in a TD only league want him to get ANY TDs.

People on this board have called others crybabies and what not and that irritates me a good deal. I'm not arguing against the Colts offense. If it works, it works. I am arguing solely from the perspective of fantasy football that as an Edge owner, I would like to see him get more TDs and it p-sses the h-ll out of me that for all the points the Colts' offense scores, Edge has what - 6 TDs? Pitiful.

569858[/snapback]

Crybaby.

Captain Hook your point on the TD distribution is right on. Manning does have 35 TD passes but not one other guy is in double digits. So it's not like Manning is throwing them all to one guy. Edge is no less in the mix than anyone else.

To everyone that is complaining, compare Manning's distribution to Cuplepper's when Moss is playing. Through the 6 weeks that Moss played C-pep had 18 TD's and nearly half of them, 8, were to Moss. At that pace, if Moss had stayed healthy, he would already be at 13 or 14 TD's out of C-pep's 27 TD tosses. But with Manning's distribution he has created no less than 5 viable Fantasy Receiving options in the same offense, where most teams have no more than 2. And Edge's production is still UP over last year's. There simply isn't anything to complain about, other than passing up on Manning in the draft. Which someone in my league did to draft Fred Taylor. :D

As for the short TD's Edge has been given carries inside the 10. He just hasn't done anything with them.  He is and always has been more effective from further out.

Honestly I wish I had the privilege of pissing and moaning about how my Top 5 RB isn't doing good enough.

Edited to add: In my league, we award yardage & TD's and penalize lost fumbles & INT's, Wayne is ranked 3rd, Harrison is 7th and Stokely is 18th among the WR's. Edge is ranked #5 among RB's, and Clark is ranked 8th and Pollard is ranked 10th among TE's. And of course Manning is ranked 1st among QB's.

So from the same offense there are no less than three players ranked in the Top 5 of their positions and altogether there are 7 players ranked 18th at their position or better.

There is nothing wrong with what the Colts are doing from either a Fantasy or real-world perspective.

569938[/snapback]

Very well said.......I love watching Manning run that show.........

Depsite everything Manning has done so far this year, Edge is on a pace to outperform last season. In fact people who have Edge are getting his best season since 2001 when he injured his knee.

He is averaging more carries per game, for more yds per carry than in any other season since his injury. And BEFORE this week he was the 6th ranked RB in both of my leagues, yesterdays performance has vaulted him into the TOP 5. What more could Edge owners expect?

569780[/snapback]

You keep talking about how this is Edge's best season since his injury. Doesn't that tell you something? That maybe just maybe he is playing this well because he has finally recovered from his injury. Not anything they are doing for him in the offense.

Compare Edgerrin's first 2 season's and then maybe you have a valid comparison. Compare it to when he is healthy not when he is still recovering from the ACL injury. I think people forget how good he was.

1999 att's 369, 1553 yards, 13 TD's, 62 rec's, 586 yards, 4 TD's rec.

2000 att's 387, 1709 yards, 13 TD's, 63 rec's, 594 yards, 5 TD's rec.

Somehow, someway Edge was able to get 26 rushing TD's in 2 years and I bet quite a few were within the 5 yard line. Perhaps the Colts O-line sucks at run blocking and are better at pass blocking.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylc=X3oD...=yhoo&type=lgns

Cutting Edge. Edgerrin James is so important to the Indianapolis Colts. What Peyton Manning is doing is amazing, but if they're going to really make a mark in the playoffs, the Colts are going to have to run the football, especially outdoors. Being able to eat up the clock with the running attack makes Indy's defense stronger, too.

Cutting Edge. Edgerrin James is so important to the Indianapolis Colts. What Peyton Manning is doing is amazing, but if they're going to really make a mark in the playoffs, the Colts are going to have to run the football, especially outdoors. Being able to eat up the clock with the running attack makes Indy's defense stronger, too.

569978[/snapback]

And who says they won't once the playoffs roll around and they're playing good defenses in cold weather?

Edited by Bill Swerski

In '99 and '00, Marvin and Edge were Manning's only options. There was no Reggie Wayne, Dallas Clark, Brandon Stokley. Edge was unstoppable inside the 5 those first 2 1/2 years. I really don't know what has happened to the Colts short running game.

You keep talking about how this is Edge's best season since his injury.  Doesn't that tell you something?  That maybe just maybe he is playing this well because he has finally recovered from his injury.  Not anything they are doing for him in the offense.

Compare Edgerrin's first 2 season's and then maybe you have a valid comparison.  Compare it to when he is healthy not when he is still recovering from the ACL injury.  I think people forget how good he was.

1999 att's 369, 1553 yards, 13 TD's, 62 rec's, 586 yards, 4 TD's rec.

2000 att's 387, 1709 yards, 13 TD's, 63 rec's, 594 yards, 5 TD's rec.

Somehow, someway Edge was able to get 26 rushing TD's in 2 years and I bet quite a few were within the 5 yard line.  Perhaps the Colts O-line sucks at run blocking and are better at pass blocking.

569978[/snapback]

Of course he is playing better because he is healed, I have never denied that, but even in those awesome years Edge was only averaging 23 & 24 carries per game. Now 4 years later and 4 years older and 3 years removed from a knee injury he is still averaging nearly 22 carries per game. He is being given very nearly the same number of touches per game and he is actually averaging more yards per carry he simply has fewer TD's. But he is getting his fair share when you look at how they are being distributed. It simply is unfair to insinuate that he is being ignored, which is what most of the people whining about Manning are saying.

As I said, Edge is being given very nearly as many touches per game as ever, what he does with them is up to the O-line, the opponent and himself. And so far this year he has done very well. On his current pace he will finish this season with:

352 Carries for 1724 yds and 10 TD's &

50 receptions for 515 yds and 0 TD's

Is he scoring as many TD's no, but if anyone drafted him based on his '99 & '00 numbers then they deserve what they get. Because as Captain Hook stated there were no other options than Harrison & Edge. Along with Manning they were called the triplets, remember?

Well now you have a set of 7, whatever that would be called.

Manning, Harrison, Edge, Stokley, Wayne, Clark & Pollard. I am simply amazed that Manning is finding a way to include them all.

And even with all of these other options and with manning chasing Marino's record Edge is stil going to be a Top 5 RB this year. And in the bad weather environments that some are now bringing up, if manning does throw less, and he will if he needs to, then James' numbers may just go up.

Well now you have a set of 7, whatever that would be called.

Manning, Harrison, Edge, Stokley, Wayne, Clark & Pollard. I am simply amazed that Manning is finding a way to include them all.

570075[/snapback]

Yeah, Manning is "selfish" for including Stokley, Wayne, Clark, and Pollard in the passing game and putting Edge on pace for ONLY 1,700 rushing yds and 10 TDs. :D

The Manning-haters on this board are complete imbeciles.

i like pizza

570154[/snapback]

Me, too.

Seriously, I get frustrated with "1st and goal from the 1...hmmm....throw it for a TD? Good idea!" But realistically, if Edge keeps his current pace, he will have 10 tds at the end of the season. So he had 13 in his best years? Who is to say he won't get some extra TDs along the way? The long run he had to the 1 last week? Maybe next week he is in. I WANT Edge to get every TD especially when I play the Manning owner, but he is doing okay. I'm not complaining.

If on the other hand, I have to see, hear, or in any other way experience another Manning family reuinion, I am going off the bridge. Can you please stop telling me the same stories and just play football for goodness sake?! :D

Crybaby.

569943[/snapback]

Sticks and stones may break my bones... you know the rest. Good comeback Fatman. Take you a while to come up with that?

You must be the most block-headed person alive. You have completely missed the point 100 times during this thread.

I'll type slowly in the hope you get it this time. No one cares how well Indy's offense runs and whether the Colts are better passing, blah, blah, blah...

Edge owners on this board see TD opportunities siphoned off time and time again and we'd like to see some, preferably ALL, of those go his way. Seems pretty natural to b-tch about it from a fantasy football perspective (again - the part you keep ignoring).

Got a problem with it? Get the f-ck off this thread and do us both a favor.

Sticks and stones may break my bones... you know the rest. Good comeback Fatman. Take you a while to come up with that?

You must be the most block-headed person alive. You have completely missed the point 100 times during this thread.

I'll type slowly in the hope you get it this time. No one cares how well Indy's offense runs and whether the Colts are better passing, blah, blah, blah...

Edge owners on this board see TD opportunities siphoned off time and time again and we'd like to see some, preferably ALL, of those go his way. Seems pretty natural to b-tch about it from a fantasy football perspective (again - the part you keep ignoring).

Got a problem with it?  Get the f-ck off this thread and do us both a favor.

570223[/snapback]

You need a different hobby. Teams change, players change. This is not 2001 for Edge, get over it.

As long as the Colts keep winning, don't expect much to change.

You need a different hobby.  Teams change, players change.  This is not 2001 for Edge, get over it. 

As long as the Colts keep winning, don't expect much to change.

570636[/snapback]

Honestly - I could care less. Ya - I'd like to see Edge get every single TD. I know it's not going to change. I just like taking shots at people that take shots at people. I didn't jump into this thread until I saw a lot of people calling those that were venting about Edge's crybabies and telling them to get over it, etc..

No - my role in the thread was not so much to criticize Edge's production, but to defend the right to criticize such lack of production. Call me a man of the people if you will.

Honestly - I could care less. Ya - I'd like to see Edge get every single TD. I know it's not going to change. I just like taking shots at people that take shots at people. I didn't jump into this thread until I saw a lot of people calling those that were venting about Edge's crybabies and telling them to get over it, etc..

No - my role in the thread was not so much to criticize Edge's production, but to defend the right to criticize such lack of production. Call me a man of the people if you will.

571045[/snapback]

You are a true Champion Of The People! :D

Edited by Jrick35