[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Where Do I Turn In My Lions Gear?

Egret

I've been one of the biggest Lions supporters here for the past few years. This team looks like it has no will to win. It is painful to watch them. At least the Wayne Fontes Lions played with their hearts on their sleaves. We've now gone through Gary Moeller (who didn't get a chance), Bobby Ross (who couldn't lead the team), Marty Morninweg (who took the wind), and Mooch (who can't inspire the team). This is not the Lions team that most Detroit fans fell in love with.

We no longer have a remotely exciting team. If it weren't for Eddie Drummond, we would've been close to shut out for the last two games. I thought Mooch was supposed to be an offensive guru.

I can't believe that Lions fans have been hoodwinked for this long. Barry leaving wasn't the problem, the problem was firing Fontes. The team has more or less been in a downward sprial since he left. I have no idea what the Lions can do to fix this team.

The defense seems sound, but how long can they keep that up. The running game and O-line has been inconsistent. Our WRs resemble a MASH unit. Our QB is inconsistent and can't lead his team. And in case you're wondering, McMike is not the answer either. The Lions lost an opportunity by not signing a viable backup in the offseason. Can you really see Rick Mirer leading the Lions to the playoffs? Me neither.

Here's to another top ten pick for the Lie-downs. :D

Don't give up on Detroit long term.  They've got a lot of raw material up there to build a winner ... Kevin Jones.  Roy Williams.  Charles Rogers.  Decent defense.  I think with the right off season move, they could be a very solid team next year.

569116[/snapback]

But I don't think Joey's the guy, I think his worth was pretty much proved in today's game. We had a nice running game today, Roy pretty healthy, the other WR's contributing and Joey just didn't have it.

I'm sorry, I think you have to bail at this point. If he succeeds with another team, so be it. I don't think McMahon is the answer either, not sure what is.

Jay

Don't give up on Detroit long term.  They've got a lot of raw material up there to build a winner ... Kevin Jones.  Roy Williams.  Charles Rogers.  Decent defense.  I think with the right off season move, they could be a very solid team next year.

569116[/snapback]

I'm sick of waiting for next year. Detroit's 50 year rebuilding effort has not been successful.

569116[/snapback]

I agree, and I can't believe that any hardcore Detroit fan would actually try and say they shouldn't have fired Fontes. Besides, everyone knows the Lions don't start really playing until after Thanksgiving.

Even with your sigline? :D

B) And it was 47 years. :D

569172[/snapback]

I've settled down now. Next year IS a different story. I think it's safe to say that this year is over for the Lions. As far as Fontes goes, the team was much more likeable back then.

Even when they sucked, they still played their asses off. Much of the team looked like they were playing not to lose the game in the second half. They weren't trying to win. That's been the story a few times this year. That's something I haven't seen from a Lions team for a long time. That's what has more Lions fans frustrated than usual.

I'm still a blind homer. :D Somebody will rise up and rally the troops for next year.

Today was a typical Vikings/Lions game. The Vikings look terrible but come away with the win somehow. It's been that way almost every year at the Metrodome. The Vikings' offense always seems to disappoint against the Lions. The team deserved every boo that they received today as far as I'm concerned.

The Lions O has two major problems. First, Harrington is Dilfer-esque in his talent level. If the D and running attack control the game, Harrington could be servicable. However, once any pressure to contribute is on Harrington, he comes up short.

Second, is that the O-line can't run block to save their lives. They can pass block, but for whatever reason they can't get going in the rushing attack.

Egret.............

Welcome to the NFL Norris! Da' Bears have some promise, but I ain't bettin' the house. :D I wish I were a Gr.......New.............Ind..............NAH.....I'd rather be a Bears Fan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Edited by rocknrobn26

569116[/snapback]

These are the same things we've been telling ourselves for many years now and they don't seem to be getting any better. We still have many Lions slappies here in MI and they still sell out every game but the poor product stays the same. :D:D:DB)

Did you see the new Barry Sanders commercial at halftime?  Where Barry, C-Pepp, Holt, Lynch and a bunch of other NFL players are all eating Thanksgiving at Barry's pad trying to imitate his juke?  Pretty good stuff.  :D

569431[/snapback]

That commercial was hilarious. :DB)

I've been one of the biggest Lions supporters here for the past few years.  This team looks like it has no will to win.  It is painful to watch them.  At least the Wayne Fontes Lions played with their hearts on their sleaves.  We've now gone through Gary Moeller (who didn't get a chance), Bobby Ross (who couldn't lead the team), Marty Morninweg (who took the wind), and Mooch (who can't inspire the team).  This is not the Lions team that most Detroit fans fell in love with.:D

569067[/snapback]

Wayne Fontes was a good emotional coach..but he was a twit in every other way....the only real coach we had ( Ross) we ran out of town(and out of football).we do not deserve a good coach after the way Ross was treated here ..we need a new owner not a new coach.

We no longer have a remotely exciting team.  If it weren't for Eddie Drummond, we would've been close to shut out for the last two games.  I thought Mooch was supposed to be an offensive guru..:D

569067[/snapback]

Mooch can only use what he has..and he does not have much..if you thought the Lions were gonna win 11 games with the talent they have then you were expecting a tad much..the Lions are 4-6..that is better than I would of guessed

I can't believe that Lions fans have been hoodwinked for this long.  Barry leaving wasn't the problem, the problem was firing Fontes.  The team has more or less been in a downward sprial since he left.  I have no idea what the Lions can do to fix this team...B)

569067[/snapback]

you are right ..Barry leaving WAS not the problem as they improved by 3 games with him gone(thank you Ross)...it was coaching..and Ross had that under control until the Detroit fans and media blamed him for Barry being the whiner that he is..all Ross wanted from Barry was for him to catch the ball more on 3rd downs and Barry turned it into a circus,1st saying he IS not a WR he IS a RB (then blaming Ross for his retirement)....so Ross tells him he won't be used on 3rd down and he retires..that is basically what happened there...Ross changed them into a more defensive team and that also pissed off the whole offense..and the whole offense went to Ford saying they could not play under Ross...and they did this with the team being right in the middle of the playoff hunt and leading their division..and Ford's sorry azz backed the players..sad..sad..sad

that being said I am a Lions fan until I die and you give us a healthy Charles Rogers and a Healthy Roy Williams throughout the year and they will make any QB look good..I think we are headed in the right direction and next year I believe we take our division..this year the only hope we had from the start was the fact that the rest of our division is so horrible

Did you see the new Barry Sanders commercial at halftime?  Where Barry, C-Pepp, Holt, Lynch and a bunch of other NFL players are all eating Thanksgiving at Barry's pad trying to imitate his juke?  Pretty good stuff.  :D

569431[/snapback]

How's he say it?

'Nah, that aint my take'?

I love that commercial :D

How's he say it?

'Nah, that aint my take'?

I love that commercial  :D

569882[/snapback]

That was the first time I saw it, it was funny. I like how when he does his little juke they all just grow stone-faced and in awe...you hear them saying "Man I gotta add that to my game," and " That's what he's the master."

Thanksgiving just isn't the same since Barry retired. :D