[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is Ron Dayne worth a pickup?

Glabra

he's worth a p/u iof your in a keeper league - he will be a free agent at the end of the year

569986[/snapback]

He's not worth a pickup under any circumstances!! :D

But I am going to have an opening in my keeper league next year. Interested? :D

Edited by Jrick35

He's not worth a pickup under any circumstances!! B)

But I am going to have an opening in my keeper league next year. Interested? :D

570220[/snapback]

isnt that the same thing they said about thomas jones last year...he's looking pretty good right now...wasnt priest holmes stuck as a back up for a while...lamont jordan,reuben droughns,rudi johnson,mewelde moore,derrick blaylock...all of these guys were not considered starter material until they got a chance...so unless you know dayne is a bust and has no shot at doing anything next year :D

isnt that the same thing they said about thomas jones last year...he's looking pretty good right now...wasnt priest holmes stuck as a back up for a while...lamont jordan,reuben droughns,rudi johnson,mewelde moore,derrick blaylock...all of these guys were not considered starter material until they got a chance...so unless you know dayne is a bust and has no shot at doing anything next year  :D

570281[/snapback]

Dude check my other posts. I am a huge supporter of Thomas Jones. I made your very argument concerning Holmes when I was supporting the rise of Jones in Fantasy Rankings, but...

Jones has speed, Dayne does not.

Jones has good hands, Dayne does not.

Jones was playing for teams where no one was doing well so the argument about a good back in a bad system was valid, Dayne can't do a thing in a system where Barber is lighting it up. So in this case that argument is moot.

No offense intended but Dayne is a bust. He simply is not fast enough for the NFL. And frankly I question his strength as well because someone his size should be more effective on short yardage even lacking the speed.

Of course if he goes elsewhere and performs you can say I was wrong. But I was just answering this guys question about whether or not he was worth a pick up. And I wanted to make sure that I made my point.

But, of all the RB's you mentioned the only other one that has sucked in one system only to move into a different system and perform well was Droughns. So I am not quite sure why you even brought them into this as examples.

No offense intended but Dayne is a bust. He simply is not fast enough for the NFL. And frankly I question his strength as well because someone his size should be more effective on short yardage even lacking the speed.

Of course if he goes elsewhere and performs you can say I was wrong. But I was just answering this guys question about whether or not he was worth a pick up. And I wanted to make sure that I made my point.

But, of all the RB's you mentioned the only other one that has sucked in one system only to move into a different system and perform well was Droughns. So I am not quite sure why you even brought them into this as examples.

570302[/snapback]

dont get me wrong i am not a member of the ron dayne fan club,if there is such a thing, but dayne is in a system that supports a different type of back who can run and catch - dayne is not as fast as barber-but he's not as slow as bettis - dayne has never been a short yardage back so using him like that is just a bad choice - but in a different system that utilizes a straight ahead runner he can be effective...is he worth a p/u? in a keeper league where you wouldnt have to cut anyone to get him...its worth a gamble.

davehb1,11/22/04 08:45pm]dont get me wrong i am not a member of the ron dayne fan club,if there is such a thing, but dayne is in a system that supports a different type of back who can run and catch - dayne is not as fast as barber-but he's not as slow as bettis - dayne has never been a short yardage back so using him like that is just a bad choice - but in a different system that utilizes a straight ahead runner he can be effective...is he worth a p/u? in a keeper league where you wouldnt have to cut anyone to get him...its worth a gamble.

570324[/snapback]

And as I have already stated, for the reasons I have already stated, I disagree.

Edited by Jrick35

He can't run straight ahead either. His problem is partially his speed and the fact he thinks he can have a Big Mac in the hole. I liked what he was doing in preseason, but that was preseason. He's a bust and the sooner my Giants realize it and get rid of him the better off they'll be. If he becomes the feature back in KC or Denver, you can rely on him for at least 45yds. a game though, a good bye week fill in.