[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Brett Favre = True champion

aterry1979

Brett Favre in my opinion is the biggest role model in sports today.  He plays with all his heart and plays for his family.  He doesnt show off and doesnt talk at all on how great he is.  Just wanted to mention that.

569329[/snapback]

I'm playing against Farve tonight and I need him to have an off night. You are absolutely right though. We take guys like him for granted. He truly is a superstar in every sense of the word. I'm glad you made that point and reminded me of it. With all the Terrells Owens and Ron Artist in sports it's refreshing to know that there are still guys who play for the love of the game! Guys who play all out and are team oriented. Farve would have fit in perfect with Lombardi's Packers!

Favre is a true competitor. But I'd like to say he does care about the records. There was that game last year or the year before where his leg bent and looked like it was about to snap. He shoulda of played the next game, but he wanted that consecutive games started streak to live.

He just makes like he doesn't care about that stuff because that's what people wanna hear. He doesn't come off like a cocky ass like Manning does

I'd like to say he does care about the records.  There was that game last year or the year before where his leg bent and looked like it was about to snap.  He shouldn't of played the next game, but he wanted that consecutive games started streak to live. 

He just makes like he doesn't care about that stuff because that's what people wanna hear. 

569458[/snapback]

I don't know about that; Favre always seems to be EXTREMELY candid with the media. I get the impression that the records matter in the sense that when his career is over, it'll be nice to have these numbers to look back on and go "man, I had a helluva career". I don't think he plays to accumulate records but is pretty proud when he gets one. He's got some dandies:

200+ consecutive games started

#2 on the list of games w/consecutive td pass (Unitas' amazing number notwithstanding, 33 (or whatever it is at now) straight games with a td pass is darn impressive)

#2 in all-time tds

11 straight 3000 yd/20 td seasons

etc etc...

If he plays at his current level for another 2 or 3 years, he's going to start eclipsing some of Marino's career numbers. I NEVER thought I'd be saying that about anyone.

I may be the biggest non-Packer fan, Favre fan there is. I played against the guy that had Favre last night, and even though he ended up costing me the game, I couldn't help but root for the guy. The only time I don't pull for Favre is when he is playing the Boys. If he plays for another 3 years, all of the records are his. He might be able to get them in 2.

• 5 years later...