[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I hate Fantasy Football

rajncajn

No, seriously. I'm disliking it more this year than usual. It really sucks when injuries play such a huge role in the successes/failures of fantasy teams. I looked forward to this season with great anticipation, felt I drafted reasonably well in most if not all my leagues. I'm hoping things are more 'normal' next year.

No, seriously. I'm disliking it more this year than usual. It really sucks when injuries play such a huge role in the successes/failures of fantasy teams. I looked forward to this season with great anticipation, felt I drafted reasonably well in most if not all my leagues. I'm hoping things are more 'normal' next year.

I agree that it's been disappointing. And when the injuries come rolling in then the door is open for the bottom feeders to lay claim to the waiver wire.

I'll join this club. Peyton Manning, Javon Walker, Shaun Alexander all on my team. 6-5 record w/ by far and away the most points scored. I've made the playoffs, but only because some other teams lost. It just seems that the more work you put into it, the more you come to realize just how big a factor luck is (and how minute the amount of control you have over the situation).

I've already put notice to our commissioner that if, and I mean a big IF, I can pull off the double dip of winning total points and the Super Bowl this year, I will immediately announce my retirement from FF and going back to enjoying the games on Sunday. More and more it just seems like another job. And one that pays very poorly at that.......

I feel for those that have suffered the injury bug. I hope next year suits you better. And, for my sake, I'm honestly hoping I don't have to go through this too much longer.

Whomever says this game is not 90% or more luck is an absolute LIAR!

Play this game long enough and you are bound to get slammed at some point by the injury bug.

I have people in one league that I am in wanting to switch to "team RB" and "team QB" to avoid all the injury and waiver moves. At first I was really stongly against it but the more I think about it and the people that are in that league, the more I am thinking that it may be a decent idea.

I concur. Listen to my season -

I play in a 12 team, 3 player keper league. (We get to keep 3 players year to year, no limitations) My 2 studs for the past 4 years were Ricky Williams and Manning. I got Dom Davis off the wire last year and was really pumped for this season. (Youth is huge in our league) So I had no way to plan for what Ricky pulled and was forced to keep Manning, Dom, and Lee Suggs. I had Horn, but our league is very RB-centric, and with the preseason that suggs had, liked his chances. I grabbed Q thinking that if nothing else I would have a starting RB. Then I grabbed Steve Smith and Deion Branch.

Suggs is out the first 4 or 5 weeks, Steve Smith is lost in week 1 for the season, and Branch has been gone since week 2. Q didn't pan out - Ill take the blame on that one. So because of my hardship, I was able to grab Droughns off the wire and have put up some respectable numbers.

My main rival is known in my league as Mr. Luck. Our rivalry borders on Sox/Yanks status. Very heated. He knocked me out of the playoffs last year with one play - a catch that Santana Moss had bounce off of a defensive player for a td. (MNF, you might remember it)

This year, after this week, I have scored 961 total points, and he has scored 887. Because of our head to head system and his luck, he is 7-4 and i am 5-6. I could get into some more numbers that show how sick his luck is, but I realize that nobody is reading this anymore.

So yes, I agree that when your team sucks - ESPECIALLY BECAUSE OF LUCK - fantasy football is a bull crap game.

This has been a form of therapy for me, so if you read it all, thank you.

Is that because you were taken out of the playoff race to the most snake-bitten team in the league? :D

569509[/snapback]

Taken out of the playoff race? How do you figure that? I still, so far, hold a one-game lead for the wildcard.

League #1 - started out 6-0 and now I am 6-4 with a tenuous lead going into MNF. I still have the highest points in the league but cannot seem to win any more.

League #2 - I have cut the following players throughout this season: Steelers D, D. Stallworth, M. Muhammad, D. Driver. Now my WRs suck because I have no dept.

League #3 - There are 5 teams struggling for the 4 playoff spots and I did not start Westbrook or Muhammad yesterday... instead I started K. Jones and Ward. Now I need a ton of points from Gonzo and Givens tonight in order to win... instead of already having the game won. In addition, I sat C. Martin last week against Baltimore.

I hate fantasy football too :bawling:

Tell me, in what bizarro world are we living in when team A beats team B?

Team A

Hasselbeck

Bettis

ATrain

Santanna Moss

Pollard

Boo Williams

John Carney

Bills D

Team B

David Carr

Edge

McGahee

Tomlinson

Boldin

Ward

Lawrence Tynes

Cards D

I'm going into the Monday night game with only Tynes left to play & I'm 8 points down. :D

569534[/snapback]

What are you talking about. Things are "Normal" this year. I'm totally used to injuries depleting my otherwise perfectly assembled Fantasy Machine. But just once I wish one of my guys could get hurt LATE in the game instead of after 1 or 2 touches.

Going back a couple of years I had McAffrey when he broke his leg on the 1st drive of the game. This year I had Thomas Jones and Jamal Lewis and of course their injuries came in a span of something like 4 touches into the game. 3 for Lewis and 1 for Jones.

Is there anything wrong with getting a 100 yds and a TD, BEFORE getting hurt?

569534[/snapback]

I'm with ya all the way on this Czar.