[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I hate Fantasy Football

rajncajn

That's why I play in 37 leagues. I figure I will win at least one game a week that way, and eliminates all the frustration of injuries.

Dilute the pain, that's my thought.

569747[/snapback]

:D

Someone else has figured out my philosophy on how to stay "in it" :D

That's why I play in 37 leagues. I figure I will win at least one game a week that way, and eliminates all the frustration of injuries.

Dilute the pain, that's my thought.

569747[/snapback]

:D aka the Los Gigantes approach. :D

Add me to the list...

So yes, I agree that when your team sucks - ESPECIALLY BECAUSE OF LUCK - fantasy football is a bull crap game.

569638[/snapback]

I hear ya brutha. 2-8 with the team in sig, and I have more PF than half the teams with winning records :D PA is the lynchpin to a good or bad season....

Naturally my team blows up this week - after I'm well out of the playoff race. Makes winning anymore bittersweet. Couldn't even play spoiler, as it was up against a fellow 2-8er.....

Bleh

I have people in one league that I am in wanting to switch to "team RB" and "team QB" to avoid all the injury and waiver moves.  At first I was really stongly against it but the more I think about it and the people that are in that league, the more I am thinking that it may be a decent idea.

569582[/snapback]

I could see the team QB concept, but team RB would mean you get 2 rb's each (12 team league = 24 gone) and 8 out of 12 teams get a 3rd rb.

Add me to the list...

I hear ya brutha. 2-8 with the team in sig, and I have more PF than half the teams with winning records  :D  PA is the lynchpin to a good or bad season....

Naturally my team blows up this week - after I'm well out of the playoff race. Makes winning anymore bittersweet. Couldn't even play spoiler, as it was up against a fellow 2-8er.....

Bleh

569817[/snapback]

I'm in two leagues (DWII & PnH) where my team is plowing thru the competition now that my shot at the playoffs are gone, ensuring me that I'll get a mediocre draft pick, but my conscience won't let me tank the games so all I can do is hope that the success continues into next year. :D

I'm in two other leagues (Fusion & Local) that at one time I was riding pretty comfortably on my way to the playoffs (wildcards in both) and now I will get lucky to make either.

I was in the Huddlers Challenge III and worked my way from a lowly 32 all the way to 4th place and forgot to put in a lineup one week. :doah:

And we won't talk about 32 Homers. B)

I'm with ya'. I'm in 7 leagues and 1 survivor. Got booted off the island in week 4. I'm above .500 in only 1 league of the 7. This has been my worse year ever, after years of saying, "It can't get any worse next year, can it?"

Los Gigantes -- diversify? Yeah, but if you diversified with AGreen, TJones, KJones, DStaley, THenry, TWheatley, RMoss, SSmith, SMoss, DMason, THolt, SMcNair, JGarcia, CAR DEF, JAX DEF, DAL DEF, etal, what's the point?

Just looking at the defenses... Who would have thunk that DET, ARZ, and CIN would be owned in all leagues, and CAR, JAX, and DAL can't be given away?

I'm with Czarina, I'm hoping for a more "normal" year in 2005.

Just to be different.... I LOVE Fantasy Football! :DB):yay::moon:B):D

Just took a sweep in my BOTH league, winning the doubleheader in week 11 to go 9-3, a top the division with a two game lead.

As long as the NE D doesnt score 23 points, or Blaylock doesnt get over 60, I clinch the division title in my local with a stinkin 6-5 record! :moon:

In the FFTOC, I had an off week, but should still easilly be in the top 200 for a playoff spot. Should be within 10 points of my bracket leader, and still have Manning, CPep, TO, Moss, Harrison and 7 of the top 10 RB's left to use for the playoffs.

:moon::D:D I LOVE Fantasy Football! :yay:

Just to be different.... I LOVE Fantasy Football!  :D  B)  :yay:  :moon:  B)  :D

Just took a sweep in my BOTH league, winning the doubleheader in week 11 to go 9-3, a top the division with a two game lead.

As long as the NE D doesnt score 23 points, or Blaylock doesnt get over 60, I clinch the division title in my local with a stinkin 6-5 record!  :moon:

In the FFTOC, I had an off week, but should still easilly be in the top 200 for a playoff spot. Should be within 10 points of my bracket leader, and still have Manning, CPep, TO, Moss, Harrison and 7 of the top 10 RB's left to use for the playoffs.

:moon:  :D  :D  I LOVE Fantasy Football!  :yay:

569980[/snapback]

You deserve a recall of my other avatar.

I don't think I would like the Team QB or RB concept. I think what we really need is to figure out some sort of substitution system. Like when a player goes down real early in a game you can replace him with someone esle off your roster. Of course you would have to declare your possible replacements before the games started.

That way when a T. Jones goes down on the 1st play of the game you could maybe get points off of your replacement RB.

No, seriously. I'm disliking it more this year than usual. It really sucks when injuries play such a huge role in the successes/failures of fantasy teams.

569534[/snapback]

:D Yeah, I mean it IS FANTASY FOOTBALL right? People shouldn't actually get hurt. Give me a break. :D

I don't think I would like the Team QB or RB concept. I think what we really need is to figure out some sort of substitution system. Like when a player goes down real early in a game you can replace him with someone esle off your roster. Of course you would have to declare your possible replacements before the games started.

That way when a T. Jones goes down on the 1st play of the game you could maybe get points off of your replacement RB.

570087[/snapback]

My local does that. But when you lose a player for the year you are screwed because you are pretty much forced to drop that player to get enough cap relief to pick up another player. We have IR, but it only gives roster limit relief. So if you lose a player like Holmes for the season you have to decide whether to drop him & try to save your season or just hold him & wait for next season.