[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Conference rankings

Fury

Sarge, I'm not saying that OU would have had a "bad" season after getting beat by a superior USC team. I'm simply, saying, that if the Big Ten is successful in there bowl games this year, they would have beaten some good competition to do it, and thus, prove that they are not weak. If the Big 12 loses their games, then who is the stronger conference? Would I consider the Big Ten strong because of one win in the Alamo Bowl? No, absolutely not. Just like I wouldnt consider the Big 12 strong if only Oklahoma won, and Okie State, Texas, and A & M lost. The bottom line is, the bowls tell the story as far as conferences go. You have a full season under your belt, 2 to 3 weeks to prepare. So I say congratulations, go beat Div 1 AA Colorado and good luck in the NC game. You'll need it.

That's flawed logic; are you about to tell us that the WAC was the strongest conference when BYU won the title, or that the Big East was worth a crap when Miami was winning titles in the day?

586576[/snapback]

Yup. That's what I'm telling you.

That's flawed logic; are you about to tell us that the WAC was the strongest conference when BYU won the title, or that the Big East was worth a crap when Miami was winning titles in the day?

Who wins the national title definitely holds sway in the argument, but it's not the be-all, end-all; heck, gimme Iowa vs the Big 12 North champion (which it could be argued is the 2nd best team in the Big 12 - after all, if the South teams are so good, why aren't they in the title game? :D ) any day of the week.

586576[/snapback]

Only 1 team can come out of the South. 4 teams in the South could win the Big 10. But because OU is in the South, they dont get a chance to get there.

4 teams in the South could win the Big 10. 

What a F'ing IDIOT!!

That is the most absurb statement i've ever heard and once the BUCKS put a nail in one of those"four teams" your so confident in, you'll look like the ass you truely are. :D

Sarge'nt IDIOT the biggest fool in the Huddle :D

Only 1 team can come out of the South.  4 teams in the South could win the Big 10.  But because OU is in the South, they dont get a chance to get there.

587039[/snapback]

I'll give ya Oklahoma and maybe Texas (although I don't think Texas could get through undefeated and I don't think OU could get through unblemished either BUT they certainly would have a better than average shot) But Okie State and A & M?! ROFL! Why cuz they took OU to the limit? Plz. Iowa themselves would shut out both offenses, and Michigan would torch em. It looks to me like teh Big 12 might be a little top heavy this year, and if OU and Texas falter, they may need to rest on those big bowl wins over a team similar to Navy (2003?) The difference is, everyone says teh Big 10 is down, so all the sudden if they start winning their bowl games, everyone will be like "oh, guess they weren't so weak after all hah hah hah" Meanwhile with the Big 12 it'll be just like every other year since 1996 "Well har har har, they looked good on paper." Then we can go through the same thing next year again.

I'll give ya Oklahoma and maybe Texas (although I don't think Texas could get through undefeated and I don't think OU could get through unblemished either BUT they certainly would have a better than average shot) But Okie State and A & M?! ROFL! Why cuz they took OU to the limit? Plz. Iowa themselves would shut out both offenses, and Michigan would torch em. It looks to me like teh Big 12 might be a little top heavy this year, and if OU and Texas falter, they may need to rest on those big bowl wins over a team similar to Navy (2003?) The difference is, everyone says teh Big 10 is down, so all the sudden if they start winning their bowl games, everyone will be like "oh, guess they weren't so weak after all hah hah hah" Meanwhile with the Big 12 it'll be just like every other year since 1996 "Well har har har, they looked good on paper."  Then we can go through the same thing next year again.

587124[/snapback]

By George, I think he's got it!