[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Anyone still think the SEC is strong?

Cyclones

One of the conference Championship representatives is a team that squeaked by Vanderbilt 38-33 and needed a last minute score to beat Kentucky 37-31...at HOME. Yes, the same Kentucky team that lost to Ohio U. The SEC is wayyyyyyyyyy down this year. And I live in Lexington, so I follow the SEC very closely. It will hardly be a feather in Auburn's cap to say they beat UT twice this year.

Good Luck to USC and OU in the Orange Bowl. Auburn and Texas both get jobbed by consequences beyond their control. Time to rework the BCS.

If that is how you suggest the conferences should be graded,then I guess the Big 12 is MUCH weaker seeing how one of the conference championships teams is Colorado (7-4), since Tenn. is (9-2), on your judging scale that would make the SEC the strongest in the country.........right? It's your system not mine :D

Then that would make the Pac 10 and Big 10 worthless since they have no conference championship at all.......... :D , that was a dumb statement to make my friend. If anything you have just made a stronger case for Auburn.

I was at the Vols game and it was a great time regardless of the fact that we had to come back to beat an inferior team. Perhaps it was the liter of Jack my friend and I smuggled in. You are correct about the SEC. Then again, name a conference that's strong this year. Pac-10 has USC, Cal, and a bunch of also-rans. The team OU is playing for it's conference title makes Tenn look like they belong in the Orange Bowl. Out here in ACC land, it's even worse and the Big 10 is off as well. Exactly how did Texas get "jobbed"? They lost. It's really quite simple.

I was at the Vols game and it was a great time regardless of the fact that we had to come back to beat an inferior team.  Perhaps it was the liter of Jack my friend and I smuggled in.  You are correct about the SEC.  Then again, name a conference that's strong this year.  Pac-10 has USC, Cal, and a bunch of also-rans.  The team OU is playing for it's conference title makes Tenn look like they belong in the Orange Bowl.  Out here in ACC land, it's even worse and the Big 10 is off as well.  Exactly how did Texas get "jobbed"?  They lost.  It's really quite simple.

580158[/snapback]

Texas lost one game to the #2 team in the country and Pitt will play a BCS game. That's all I'm saying.

As for OSU, if you followed the SEC closely every year, you would know that it is way down. Teams like Florida and Tennessee usually pummel my team (UK) by 50-60 points. The SEC is off this year, just like the Big Ten. That was my point.

Texas lost one game to the #2 team in the country and Pitt will play a BCS game. That's all I'm saying.

580167[/snapback]

Fair enough. I though you were somehow implying they had stake to the National Title game. My bad. Yep, the Pitt thing is lame. Funny thing. Before I drove home from Knoxville on Sunday, I read a story about Tenn's possible bowl matchups. Should they beat AU, they'll likely be rewarded with a Sugar Bowl game against Pitt. If they lose, they'll probably have to play Texas in the Cotton Bowl. Talk about a major difference.

I prefer to make the final judgments of conferences after the bowls. Because then you see how teams perform against teams from other conferences, when you're supposed to be at your best after 2 to 3 weeks or so of preperation. I agree, that Tennessee is having a down year, but they are 9-2, and did beat Georgia. Auburn, Georgia, Tennessee, and Louisiana State are all very good sound football teams, who would be tough to beat for anyone on a neutral field. I'd take any of those 4 teams vs anyone from teh Big 12, including OU and UT. Texas hasn't exactly looked that great either in the past few weeks. They struggled with a very weak Kansas team.

I prefer to make the final judgments of conferences after the bowls. Because then you see how teams perform against teams from other conferences, when you're supposed to be at your best after 2 to 3 weeks or so of preperation. I agree, that Tennessee is having a down year, but they are 9-2, and did beat Georgia. Auburn, Georgia, Tennessee, and Louisiana State are all very good sound football teams, who would be tough to beat for anyone on a neutral field. I'd take any of those 4 teams vs anyone from teh Big 12, including OU and UT. Texas hasn't exactly looked that great either in the past few weeks. They struggled with a very weak Kansas team.

581888[/snapback]

I definitely agree with you regarding bowl games. It is the best measuring stick we will ever have since college football is gay and has no playoff system.