[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Free Fantasy Advice Here - Week 12

Hugh 0ne

Hope Turkey Day served you well,

Thought I'd just throw this out there since haven't seen it yet.

Standard Scoring extra pts for length of TD.

Brooks v Car

Griese v Atl

Rattay v Stl

I'm leaning Griese unless you can convince me otherwise. My daughter is mad at me  :D so she won't give me her pick this week.  Rest of my team is easy only have 9 healthy players if you count Rattay:violin:. Just enough to field a team for the last week. Playoffs should be interesting. :D

Much Thanks for your astute observations and commentary!

585944[/snapback]

You won't get an argument from me.

Rattay has been horrible, he's banged up, has no confidence, etc., etc., etc. Bench him.

CAR pass D: 216 YPG, 8 TD's allowed

ATL pass D: 232 YPG, 13 TD's allowed

I play the matchup and play Griese.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hugh,

Running Back question.  Standard performance league.

Who should I start this week?

A.Green vs Phil

D.Davis vs Jets

McGahee vs Miami.

585963[/snapback]

Willis all the way. No-brainer. Green will be gimpy at best. Davis has a tough matchup. Go with McGahee. Dude's hot, and Miami can't stop the run. Play him.

This is going for a lot of marbles so I need some really well thought info here my friend..... :D

Huddle Proj/Pred:

JJones 110 and 1

KJones 110 and 2

Do you think they will approach the numbers at all? Especially the TD's?

JJones is going against a Seattle team that I can no longer read. Who the heck knows who will show up to play here?

KJones is going against AZ... another on again-off again team.

I have a dozen or so other options... but I would really like to play these two this week. Especially with those kinds of proj/pred's.

MAJOR lienup questions- and i need win!

QB: Brooks vsCAR, Collins vs KN, or Carr at NYJ

RB: J.Jones@SEA, K.Jones vs AZ, Blaylock@OAK- pick two

WR: H.Ward@JAX, T.Holt vsSF, K.Colbert @NO, Lloyd@STL, Jurevicous vs ATL- pick two

HUGH- You da Man! Hook me up. PLEASE! And thank you.

585974[/snapback]

I think you have to go with Brooks here. Collins had 1 good game, I wouldn't start banking on him on a weekly basis just yet. Carr has a tough matchup. Go with Brooks, he has enough weapons to put up good numbers.

Jones and Jones.

Holt is a must start. I really think you have to start Ward next to him. With Burress back, Ward should do better. I know he's been mediocre at best, but Jacksonville's pass defense is not that good, and I just think he gives you a better chance than the other options you have.

Good luck.

Hugh, need help on my #2 starting RB and WRs. I am thinking of riding Julius Jones again this week vs. SEA. Or do I go with Chester Taylor/Jamal Lewis whoever starts for B-more? Also, I have Horn and DJax as two of my 3 WRs, but I'm torn between Ward-Boldin-Keyshawn for the last spot. Ward just isn't getting the looks and PIT is all run these days, so do I risk starting Boldin with a rookie QB and/or start Keyshawn on Mon nite? None of these are great options so looking for help. Thanks  :D

Roster below:

Bulger, Marc STL

Rattay, Tim SFO 

Davis, Domanick HOU

Green, William CLE

Jackson, Steven STL

Jones, Julius DAL

Taylor, Chester BAL

Boldin, Anquan ARI WR

Horn, Joe NOS WR

Jackson, Darrell SEA

Johnson, Keyshawn DAL

Ward, Hines PIT

Clark, Dallas IND TE

Gates, Antonio SDC TE

Longwell, Ryan GBP PK

Cardinals, Arizona ARI Def

Lewis, Jamal BAL

585999[/snapback]

Tough dilemmas. I think Julius Jones is a very solid start this week. I would start him over Chester Taylor or a gimpy Jamal Lewis.

I think Keyshawn is the right play here. Too many negatives for both Ward and Boldin.

Hugh,

I'm ahead of the points race by 14.7 and need to put up big numbers this week. I need a solid pick at running back. I have serious doubts with BARBER due to the change in quarterbacks situation in New York

Here it goes:

Barber @ Washington

Dillion @ Cleveland

Alexander @ Dallas

I'm definatley starting Alexander but need that second back. Dillion has put up 4 solid fantasy weeks and I don't need the win, I already clinched my division. Just need the points!

BIG HELP

Thanks in Advance

Hugh, I am not usually someone to ask WDIS but this week I find myself in a bit of a quandry.  I have C. Brown, J. Lewis, R. Droughns and J.Jones and T.J. Duckett

My league points are 6 for TD unless passing then 4, also 1 pt. per 10 yds gained.

Anyway last week with Brown and Lewis out I started Jones and was very happy with 150 and 2TD's.  I am questioning though, if he will be able to keep it up this week.  I am looking for any info. to say that Brown or Lewis may play or should I just start Jones and not worry about it.  I could also pick up A. Smith(gasp) if I needed too.  I am currently tied for 1st in the league and am playing the team tied for last, but for some reason I am just really stressing this wee.

One other question is who to start at WR - I currently am starting TO, C. Johnson and M. Clayton with B. Stokely and D. Hall on the bench.  Should I bench maybe Clayton or Johnson for Stokely.  Stokely seems to be either 20 pts. or 0 and the reason I have not started him is because I am afraid of getting the 0 or 1 pt from him.  Obviously I start TO but Johnson has dissapointed all year and Clayton has been a pleasent surprise.

My starting team as of now:

C-Pep

Jones

Droughns

TO

CJ

Clayton

Akers

Bills

I have this sinking feeling that C-Pep is going to struggle this week at Chicago, I went and looked at the last two years and he has struggled in Chicago both years.  Maybe that is why I am stressing so much for this week, if I win I guaruntee myself a playoff birth, if I lose I am fighting for my playoff life.  Thanks in advance Hugh

586034[/snapback]

Take a deep breath. This is very easy. Do not sit Culpepper. Randy is back. Dante will flourish.

At RB, start Julius Jones. He has a decent matchup, and is running hard, and is gettting touches. Start him and Droughns.

You do not have better WR options on your bench than who you are starting. With the lineup you are putting on the field you have the best guys going.

You got it right, now just sit back and let them do their work.

Thanks in advance Hugh - Combo scoring

For my #2 RB to go along with S Alexander:

Pittman vs Atlanta

J Jones at Seattle

T Jones vs Minnesota

586107[/snapback]

Julius Jones baby.

Man, if he stinks it up there are gonna be some p*ssed huddlers here on Monday morning. It seems everyone is asking about him. :D

Thanks in advance...

These are my RB's

Which 2 should I start?

J Jones

R Droughns

C Portis

Chris Brown

Nick Goings

I'm leaning toward JJ & Goings.  What do you think?? :D

586117[/snapback]

I think you're probably right, although I'd consider Droughns over Goings, but since Goings is playing the Saints, you really have to start him.

This is going for a lot of marbles so I need some really well thought info here my friend..... :D

Huddle Proj/Pred:

JJones 110 and 1

KJones 110 and 2

Do you think they will approach the numbers at all? Especially the TD's?

JJones is going against a Seattle team that I can no longer read. Who the heck knows who will show up to play here?

KJones is going against AZ... another on again-off again team.

I have a dozen or so other options... but I would really like to play these two this week. Especially with those kinds of proj/pred's.

586148[/snapback]

Hey Sky, thanks for stopping in.

I'll give you my opinion on both of these guys, and it's kind of similar. They're both healthy, and they both want to prove they belong on this league. The main problem with K. Jones, is that he only got 12 touches last week because the Lions were out of the game by half time. That won't happen this week. And, as a result, K. Jones should do rather well.

The Cowboys will also be in a close game, and Julius Jones has gotten over 30 carries in the last 2 games. This guy will not come out of a game, ever since Parcells ripped him one for doing it a pre-season game (or practice) because he was tired. So, lots of touches, motivation, a close game, what else could you ask for.

Both are solid start this week. I think both go over 100 and both score. If it were my website, I'd give the 2 scores to Julius, not Kevin.

Hugh,

I'm ahead of the points race by 14.7 and need to put up big numbers this week.  I need a solid pick at running back.  I have serious doubts with BARBER due to the change in quarterbacks situation in New York

Here it goes:

Barber @ Washington

Dillion @ Cleveland

Alexander @ Dallas

I'm definatley starting Alexander but need that second back.  Dillion has put up 4 solid fantasy weeks and I don't need the win, I already clinched my division.  Just need the points!

BIG HELP

Thanks in Advance

586182[/snapback]

As most around here know, I'm not a uge Dillon fan, but think you have to start him and bench Barber. And you're right, there is no way you bench Alexander.

Nice choices though. :D

Atlanta or Carolina's D?

Any value to Daniel Graham, with Drew Bennett and Nate Burlseon as the other options? (Need 3 WR's have MarvinH).

I think I know the answers, I simply seek validation.

586203[/snapback]

Graham is not a better option than Bennett or Burleson, if that's your question.

Tough call on the defense. Carolina is playing a little better and even scored last week, but I think you have to stick with Atlanta for now.

Thanks for the advice last week. 2 questions.

1. WR's (please list in the order you would start them)

C. Johnson vs. Bal

H. Ward vs. Jax

D. Jackson vs. Dal

M. Clayton vs. Atl

D. Branch vs. Cle

K. McCardell vs. Den

2. RB's in flex position (please list order) Already start Edge & Droughns

D. Blaylock vs. Den

O. Smith vs. Chi

D. Staley vs. Jax

Graham is not a better option than Bennett or Burleson, if that's your question.

Tough call on the defense. Carolina is playing a little better and even scored last week, but I think you have to stick with Atlanta for now.

586210[/snapback]

Thanks, but I think I'm gonig with Car against the Saints....

Hey Sky, thanks for stopping in.

I'll give you my opinion on both of these guys, and it's kind of similar. They're both healthy, and they both want to prove they belong on this league. The main problem with K. Jones, is that he only got 12 touches last week because the Lions were out of the game by half time. That won't happen this week. And, as a result, K. Jones should do rather well.

The Cowboys will also be in a close game, and Julius Jones has gotten over 30 carries in the last 2 games. This guy will not come out of a game, ever since Parcells ripped him one for doing it a pre-season game (or practice) because he was tired. So, lots of touches, motivation, a close game, what else could you ask for.

Both are solid start this week. I think both go over 100 and both score. If it were my website, I'd give the 2 scores to Julius, not Kevin.

586201[/snapback]

Roger that Hugh.... thanks.

I just have this feeling... and when I get a feeling about someone I always get a bit antsy 'cuz I know that it is either play them or don't play them, and I never know which one until too late. :D

The Jones boys it is....

hey hugh....couple questions if ya don't mind.

brees vs DEN -- (DEN pass D: 200.8 ypg / 11 TDs)

griese vs ATL -- (ATL pass D: 232.1 ypg / 13 TDs)

do i play brees every week, at this point, regardless of matchups?

and pick 3 RBs please....

pittman vs ATL -- (ATL rush D: 101.3 ypg / 13 TDs)

edge vs TEN -- (TEN rush D: 115.3 ypg / 11 TDs)

a. green @ PHI -- (PHI rush D: 120.7 ypg / 7 TDs)

n. davenport @ PHI -- (PHI rush D: 120.7 ypg / 7 TDs)

mcgahee @ MIA -- (MIA rush D: 136.6 ypg / 8 TDs)

c. taylor vs CIN -- (CIN rush D: 137.4 ypg / 7 TDs)

so, what do you make of all these choices?

-edge is basically a must start (even though it's a TD-heavy league - see sig for scoring)

-mcgahee looks next best this week

-pittman's played well...has tougher matchup, but could make up for it in the air? alstott's there to vulture :D

-green looks probable...was supposed to practice today, but still...

-davenport now looks like he injured his ribs? :D

-taylor's got a sweet matchup, but he's still chester taylor. plus, lewis may return?

please help me find some clarity here dude!! 'preciate it! thanks.... B)

Hi Hugh...

Ive posted this and got some good responses but id love to hear your thoughts...

Looks like Jones and Goings here but the 3rd RB is still up in the air for me...

Thanks

Heres my problem...

Pittman vs Atl

Goings vs NO

Faulk vs SF

Lewis vs Cin

Jones vs Sea

Since i have Holmes injured and Lewis banged up, i streched myself to pick up backups incase i need them....well the time is now...Which 3 to start?

Also NOTE that S.Jackson is availible along with L.Johnson to be picked up on WW..

Thanks in advance

Okay any thoughts on this one?

I'm in a small league and have a chance to pick up O. Smith if I drop C. Brown. I have S. Alexander and F. Taylor and a 3 RB roster limit.

Never mind the obligatory comment that I must be in a 3 person league with idiots. I am, so be it. :D What would you do? I have the ability to wait for Brown to get healthy, but who knows if he will? And Smith is supposedly the guy in Minn, but who knows if tha is really true?

Thanks!!

I have T. Green and I just picked up C. Pennington because they say he has a 50-50 chance of playing but the problem is that both of these guys are questionable for this week. K. Collins and K. Holcomb are both available as free agents in my league.

So, Should I drop Pennington and pick up one of these guys? If so, which one?