[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Texas vs. Michigan

Kansas State 2000

LMAO,  The last time a Big 12 team was int eh Rose bowl, OU trounced Wash St.  Embarassed them.  Look for more of the same this yr. 

OU will pound USC, and Texas Michigan, and leave no doubt which conference is superior.

594476[/snapback]

The BIg 12 will be VERY LUCKY to improve on the poor play in the bowls of last season 2-6 record, cross your fingers that they get 2 wins, but it won't be in any of the ones that matter.

It is possible, tho not probable, that OU and TX could both win their games, but its too bad that Cal couldn't play TX. Now THAT would be a game. I think Michigan would've lost the Rose badly vs. either Cal or TX.

The #4/5 team in the country has to settle for the Holiday bowl, (and Louisville and Boise State also have to take lesser bowls) while #21 Pitt gets the Fiesta. BCS = bunch of crap....

Oh and by the way Sarge, OU did win vs Wazzu, but teh Rose Bowl STILL hated having Oklahoma there. And I assure you, they hate having Texas their even more. The BCS is the worst ever. I mean you've already taken all tradition away pretty much, the grand daddy of em all has white trash texans and oklahomans in it. To me that right there, symbolizes what is wrong with the BCS. If you're gonna tarnish tradition, just have a 8 or 16 team playoff and do away with the bowls, instead of making traditionalists like myself have to watch hte greatest bowl of them all get tarnished.

Oh  and by the way Sarge, OU did win vs Wazzu, but teh Rose Bowl STILL hated having Oklahoma there. And I assure you, they hate having Texas their even more. The BCS is the worst ever. I mean you've already taken all tradition away pretty much, the grand daddy of em all has white trash texans and oklahomans in it. To me that right there, symbolizes what is wrong with the BCS. If you're gonna tarnish tradition, just have a 8 or 16 team playoff and do away with the bowls, instead of making traditionalists like myself have to watch hte greatest bowl of them all get tarnished.

594990[/snapback]

You use the "white trash" term awful loosely...... It seems to me in reading your post you would rather see the oopisite of white trash in your bowl game???? btw what is the oppisite of white trash????? black trash just curious???????

Texas will stomp Michigan. I don't know where you get off calling Texas white trash. Austin is the liberal bastion of the South. I would think you left coast nuts would love the University of Texas. In case you don't remember what real good looking women are, you will find out at the Rose Bowl. The women of UT don't need silicone and colegen (sp) to try to look good. If the line remains the same, or even if it swings to OU by 3, OU is the best wager of the season, in their match-up against USC. The only bowl game I see the Big 12 loosing is the Holiday bowl, and Texas Tech should make it a fun game to watch, but I will admit Cal has them out classed. It is a shame that Texas and Cal don't get to play each other.

I haven't seen Texas play and only got to see a few Michigan games. I'm a big ten fan relocated in SEC country and hating it. I have to cheer for Michigan because my second cousin plays for them. I saw a few of his games and he didn't look too bad for a rookie. I think next year Chad will be a bit better. My aunt and uncle and some of my cousins are going out to see the game.

LMAO, OU pummeled Wash St, and have you ever been to Texas or Okla. The most beautiful woman on the planet live in the boundaries of these 2 states.

595047[/snapback]

Hijack

The most beautiful women on the planet are from Brazil.

End hijack

There is no doubt Cal would have too.  It was a gift whoever gets to play Michigan in the Rose Bowl.

594752[/snapback]

A gift u say, at least we won our conference,(backing in or what ever u so call it).

I seem to remember a certain team not even winning there conference, last year and backing into the title game. Come on Sarge see the light here, last year u got in and said it was because of strengh of schedule. And the big 12 didnt fair to well in bowl games. Which would lead to the conference being overated. Maybe this year your conference is what people think, and u fair a little better. Who knows!

Im not going to get into a, debate here. But remember what team your talking about here. Sure I route for my team, but do we need to put down every team,conference and forum member to make a point.

Sure I route for my team, but do we need to put down every team,conference and forum member to make a point.

599565[/snapback]

..........he does not no any better than to put down EVERY team in the country, then wonder why people like myself f'ing can't stand his STUPID point of view. Yet when i just put down his team and not the rest of the teams in the country , as he does, people get bent out of shape. I think it is f'ing funny, and piss on 'em, if they can deal it out but act like they can't take it. :D

Bottom line - Texas is a Mack Brown coached team in a big game....and what do Mack Brown teams always do in big games?

600639[/snapback]

:D

Lose?

:D

The Big 10 is licking it's chops seeing 2 match ups against the most over rated conference the last two years.

I would be careful to just say Texas is going to whoop Michigan so easily..Michigan is a tough team.... Braylon Edwards is a great receiver and due for a Big Game.

Michigan defense is really a good bunch especially against the run. Marlin Jackson is probaly in the top half of top 5 db's in the nation and has the skills to take away Texas #1 receiver. Jackson had a bad game against Ohio State but that is very rare...I really think Michigan believed OSU was just going to roll over and what happened was OSU was "a little pissed and did some things they had not done all year. I think people around the country is looking at Michigan as a easy mark due to the Michigan State game and Ohio State game this would be a huge mistake. Michigan will stop the run. I think Chad Heine and Michael Hart will be ready for this game. I also know a little bit of Michigan history..You don't want to play them when they lose the game prior and when it seems alot of people are questioning their heart or program they come up with a win. This is a good dog to take. Texas is a real good squad but..I Do not see them powering the football right at Michigan at least not early in the game. Texas needs to really pay attention to what OSU did if they want to win but I don't think Texas will. I think Texas will try to power over Michigan and that is what the fatal mistake will be and by time they correct the mistake it will be too late. Texas should run alot of counter plays and short passes to te and over the top of Michigan LB's then they will be able to use more power offense. The draw play would also work. Chad Heine is the key for Michigan if he can pass that will open up Hart. Lloyd Carr needs this game and Michigan will pass to win it. Texas has the talent but I feel that the attitude is we are gonna run it down the throat of Michigan Defense..BIG BIG MISTAKE..Michigan wins 28-19 look out for Breaston and Avant. Breaston can kill you on a punt return..Mark my words Michigan throws alot in this game to open the run. I hate to say this but I'm pulling for Michigan in this one NOT just because they are BIG TEN but they are not getting alot of respect out there. I have been on the wrong end of a scorned Michigan team ENOUGH to know how dangerous they are when thay are being dissed....LOL..Looking forward to this one and I don't feel bad a Big 12 team is in Rose Bowl times are changing and soon there will be a PLAYOFF system so might

as well get ready for it now. GO BUCKS :D

I would be careful to just say Texas is going to whoop Michigan so easily..Michigan is a tough team.... Braylon Edwards is a great receiver and due for a Big Game.

Michigan defense is really a good bunch especially against the run. Marlin Jackson is probaly in the top half of top 5 db's in the nation and has the skills to take away Texas #1 receiver. Jackson had a bad game against Ohio State but that is very rare...I really think Michigan believed OSU was just going to roll over and what happened was OSU was "a little pissed and did some things they had not done all year. I think people around the country is looking at Michigan as a easy mark due to the  Michigan State game and Ohio State game this would be a huge mistake. Michigan will stop the run. I think Chad Heine and Michael Hart will be ready for this game. I also know a little bit of Michigan history..You don't want to play them when they lose the game prior and when it seems alot of people are questioning their heart or program they come up with a win. This is a good dog to take. Texas is a real good squad but..I Do not see them powering the football right at Michigan at least not early in the game. Texas needs to really pay attention to what OSU did if they want to win but I don't think Texas will. I think Texas will try to power over Michigan and that is what the fatal mistake will be and by time they correct the mistake it will be too late. Texas should run alot of counter plays and short passes to te and over the top of Michigan LB's then they will be able to use more power offense. The draw play would also work. Chad Heine is the key for Michigan if he can pass that will open up Hart. Lloyd Carr needs this game and Michigan will pass to win it.  Texas has the talent but I feel that the attitude is we are gonna run it down the throat of Michigan Defense..BIG BIG MISTAKE..Michigan wins 28-19 look out for Breaston and Avant. Breaston can kill you on a punt return..Mark my words Michigan throws alot in this game to open the run. I hate to say this but I'm pulling for Michigan in this one NOT just because they are BIG TEN but they are not getting alot of respect out there. I have been on the wrong end of a scorned Michigan team ENOUGH to know how dangerous they are when thay are being dissed....LOL..Looking forward to this one and I don't feel bad a Big 12 team is in Rose Bowl times are changing and soon there will be a PLAYOFF system so might

as well get ready for it now. GO BUCKS  :D

604729[/snapback]

Nice insigiht, now it's time to put your knowledge to the test and sign up for Monsters college pick 'em, where i also agree Michigan will win . :D

And I'll say it again... Braylon Edwards OPEN ALL DAY LONG!

604786[/snapback]

Braylon Edwards is the best WR in college this year. I will give you that. However, I think you're forgetting about that other guy that was snubbed by the Heisman top 5. You know....Cedric Benson.

No Heisman candidate but, has Michigan seen a mobile QB like Vince Young this year? Kid can't pass but, Michigan's DL isn't quick enough to keep up with him.

There is no QB in college football since Vick left lick Vince running the ball. So of course they havent seen anything like that. Thsi comes down to the Texas D vs the Michigan O. Can Texas stuff Hart and force the freshman QB to beat them. I think they will, and he wont. Im not saying this is going to be a Longhorn blowout, but it will be domination. You can win a game 12-0 and be dominated for 4 qtrs. Ask Texas when they played OU. Texas wins this game 24-10.

Braylon Edwards is the best WR in college this year.  I will give you that.  However, I think you're forgetting about that other guy that was snubbed by the Heisman top 5.  You know....Cedric Benson.

No Heisman candidate but, has Michigan seen a mobile QB like Vince Young this year?  Kid can't pass but, Michigan's DL isn't quick enough to keep up with him.

604830[/snapback]

This what I'm talking about if Texas thinks Benson can run off tackle on a Michigan team early..and I stress early Texas is in trouble..Michigan will bring 8 in the box and run blitz the whole first quarter..Texas qb better be good at his check offs if he is..could be okay..but if he is not..then Texas better come into the game with good short and medium routes to open Benson up...shotgun sets and pro sets with receivers to both sidlines would be good to disrupt Michigan!! Look waht OU did I give OU their propts and lord i know just bring them up is asking to get ripped especially with this next comment..OU defense is very similar to what we see in THE BIG TEN they used the same methods of stopping people and making teams 1 dimetional...OU contained Benson..and hear me he will get his yards but Michigan's gameplan is to stop him period and make Young beat them...Can Young throw enough..I'm really liking this game for the money Texas will be gving points..If Texas opens their eyes and game plans they will do well I just think their is alot of believe in Texas right now that Benson will eat Michigan up and I think that is how they are game planning..I would be shocked if they actually was looking to throw early to open Benson up..The Texas attitude of we will pound them with Texas football is what's going to give Michigan the game in my mind. Heine has 3 really good wr's and good rb that can catch the football..Michigan also has to throw the ball to win..before OSU Heine has been outstanding I think the lesson has been learned Heine and Hart will be more prepared. Michigan is a dog and good thing for betters. Carr gets a 10 point lead he will go conservative..God I hate that Tressel does the same thing not good for gamblers...lol...Texas is amuch better match up in my mind than Cal..OU defense is better than Michigan but not by alot...OU wins with their outstanding rb and smart senior qb..This is for the Sooners who might read this and my comparison to Michigan defense..OU does remind me of A BIG TEN team..I'm sure that will get some response but it's true...Stoops is a old Big Ten kid growing up and yes I know he coached at Flordia but he is from OHIO that being said He knows how to win with defense. Michigan will do the same and you can bet that OU film is being watched alot right now!!!!

Edited by sacosud