[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Calling out Sgt. Ryan

theeohiostate

As much as I love Michigan, no conference that lacks a conference championship game deserves to be in the NC game.  That includes my beloved Wolverines.  Auburn totally got screwed.  Just like Adrian Peterson. 

608174[/snapback]

Yeah, the Big Ten and Pac Ten and every other conference with less than 12 teams should be penalized because the NCAA won't allow them to have a conference championship game. :D:D

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, the Big Ten and Pac Ten and every other conference with less than 12 teams should be penalized because the NCAA won't allow them to have a conference championship game.  :D  :D

608219[/snapback]

:bawling:

No Auburn should be penalized because USC supposedly won something last year. That makes a lot more sense.

No Auburn should be penalized because USC supposedly won something last year.  That makes a lot more sense.

608244[/snapback]

Well, then say that in the first place. I don't agree that Auburn deserves the spot over USC, but I understand your point of view. I just think it would be a sham to exclude certain conferences from the BCS just because they don't have a championship game. Don't blame the Universities, blame the NCAA for not mandating either a 12 team conference with a championship game, or a championship game regardless of conference size. Better yet, blame the NCAA for not having a playoff system.

:D

No Auburn should be penalized because USC supposedly won something last year.  That makes a lot more sense.

608244[/snapback]

I suppose your one of a few that feels that OU should have played LSU instead of USC as well .

The facts bear out much more than words, OU got man handled by a much more physical LSU team last year when it was said that the Big 12 was SOOO strong that they went 2-6 in the bowls. Tell me OH great one, why is this year any different? What happens when USC whips up on OU and poor Auburn wins by 25? It will be a virtual repeat of last year with ONE COMMON THREAD!! ..........OU didn't belong in the NC game last year, USC did and OU doesn't belong in this year's NC game, Auburn does.

I have a question.

Was it something I missed in the rules, or do they now look at how a team did last year when they are determining how a team did this year?

Hearing how a team did last year has no bearing on how a team is doing, or will do this year.

:D ENOUGH OF THE LAST YEAR CRAP!! Makes me want to :D

How hard is it to add Utah and Boise St to the pac-10.  ***, that would actually make that conference decent.  And the Big 11, only needs to add one more team.  Id bet Miami of Ohio would take the spot and actually win that conference within 5 yrs.

Get with the program, as the top 3 conferences have 12 teams already.

608228[/snapback]

Boise State would compete every year in the Pac 10. There problem is facilities. The stadium is tiny and there is maybe 350,000 people in the surrounding area. But then again, Oregon State doesn't have very good facilities and Corvalis is merely a college town. Love to see it.

I have a question.

Was it something I missed in the rules, or do they now look at how a team did last year when they are determining how a team did this year?

Hearing how a team did last year has no bearing on how a team is doing, or will do this year.

:D ENOUGH OF THE LAST YEAR CRAP!!  Makes me want to :D

608472[/snapback]

Get that logic out of here. Logic has no place here in the College Football Forums at this time.

Thank you for your cooperation. I'm sure theohiostate will thank you, as well.

It does matter when all you hear on this forum is that " they are much better than they were last year"..........now since "they" would have been over rated and got biacth slapped last year, then that information is pertenent. :D

It does matter when all you hear on this forum is that " they are much better than they were last year"..........now since "they" would have been over rated and got biacth slapped last year, then that information is pertenent.  B)

608843[/snapback]

Let me ask you directly then.

Is it pertinent that OU lost to LSU by a touchdown in LAST YEAR'S Sugar Bowl?

What bearing....does that loss, by seven points, to LSU, in last year's Sugar Bowl....have on this year's Orange Bowl?

Does LSU play OU again this year?

:D ENOUGH OF THE LAST YEAR CRAP ALREADY!

As Coach Ditka said, "The past is for cowards and losers". :D

What bearing....does that loss, by seven points, to LSU, in last year's Sugar Bowl....have on this year's Orange Bowl?

As Coach Ditka said, "The past is for cowards and losers". :D

609049[/snapback]

Through enough internal linking, I could show you how chewing a piece of gum will lead to nuclear proliferation among Islamic Fundamentalists and ultimately the end of the world.

Now gilthorp, if you want to post in the College Forum here at The Huddle, you need to get rid of all logic. As you can see, it has no place in here. You need to pick a team (say, Utah State) and conjur up some load of bull showing how they are far superior to OU (or any other top 5 school for that matter) because OU lost to LSU last year in the Sugar Bowl.

However, there is another technicality. You must use at least 4 laughing smileys ( B) ) per post and hit the "enter" button on your computer at least 7 times after each sentence (fragmented sentences are okay). You must also use the word "welcher" at least twice but, it must all be in caps. You must also mis-spell at least 3 words per post.

If you have any questions regarding the ignorant College Forum format, feel free to email or PM me. I've got several references from our local village idiot from which I can give you a template.

As Coach Ditka said, "The past is for cowards and losers". B)

609049[/snapback]

Well assdart let me ask you a question. Is it pertenent that the only reason OU made the National Championship game last year was based on the "so called" strength of their conference? If so, then is it pertentent that the same conference that was PROVEN to be over rated last year is as well this year? If so, then OU once again will be manhandled and take the place of of the more deserving team ( Auburn).........again as they did with USC last year, again based solely on their conference strength ( which will AGAIN be shown weak).

So, to answer your question , YES, it is pertenent when the same problem happens two straight years and both involve the same team.

And to highlight the fact that LSU only beat OU by 7 points is a JOKE in itself, if you watched the game you could appreciate the fact that LSU manhandled this team in EVERY facit of the game, NONE withstanding. It was VERY clear to anyone without motive that OU didn't belong in that game, USC did. After a horrible bowl season the Big 12 looked like horseshiat. This year is more of the same. When they take the computers out of the equation Auburn would be playing USC, and Cal would have been playing Michigan and last year USC would have played LSU. It is very pertenent to see trend repeat itself. Maybe you'd like to beleive that a miracle is coming.......but i assure you that OU and the rest of the Big 12 will disappoint again. The SEC will prove again to be the strongest , followed by the Big 10 :D

However, I'll put a bet (you name the price) that even after theohiostate gets embarassed by yours truly, that he doesn't live up to his end of the deal.  Either he doesn't leave or there will miraculously be a "new" guy in the college forum. :D

604506[/snapback]

What makes you think you have more integrity than I ?

Ah! It must be the fact that i have lived in Ohio my entire life , I went to OSU, and i contribute to the school while you just jumped on the OU bandwagon in 2000? Give me a F'ing break !! Have you even seen one of their games, been to the campus? I didn't think so.

Unlike your welching compradre Private Tin Hut, i do not welch on bets! Nor do i need anyone to stand up for me B)

Really.........a new guy in the college forum? You may want to ask you bud about that one, seems like he's already got a few :D

I get that you like to bash OU and I understand that you take pleasure in trying to act like a smart ass and toss insults around, but last year was last year....this year is this year.

The only plausible answer I can accept from you is: "It has no bearing at all....I just like arguing a point ad nauseum to look and act like a total jerk off".

I'll accept that as your real answer, because it can't be very far from the truth.

I get that you like to bash OU and I understand that you take pleasure in trying to act like a smart ass and toss insults around, but last year was last year....this year is this year.

The only plausible answer I can accept from you is: "It has no bearing at all....I just like arguing a point ad nauseum to look and act like a total jerk off".

I'll accept that as your real answer, because it can't be very far from the truth.

609261[/snapback]

:D

If it barks, wags it tail, likes sniffing as* and begs at your feet..........I must be a fish. I like your logic. :D

Id bet my last dime 

.....and i say with your primal education, that your very close to spending it soon, aren't you? :D

Merry Christmas..........hope you get some of the gifts. I donated several goods to the Salvation Army this year and dropped off some canned goods at Cubs, hope they find their way to you well. B)

I also contributed a few thou. to the local "shop with a cop", maybe some of your unknown offspring will enjoy as well.

You have alot of support as well.........ASSMUNCH!! WELCHER!!! :D

• 3 weeks later...
THE BET: It is a "Best 3 out of 5" bet from the following items:

1. Oklahoma will beat USC (no point spread needed) in the Orange Bowl

2. Oklahoma State (the real OSU) will beat Ohio State (again no point spread needed) in the Alamo Bowl

3. The Big 12 will win the majority of thier bowl games

4. The Big 10 will lose the majority of their bowl games (if The Big 10 goes 3-3, it is a "push")

5. I will beat you in Coffeeman's pickem' contest

In other words:

1. If OU wins, I win #1.  If USC wins, you win #1.

2. If Oklahoma State wins, I win #2.  If Ohio State wins, you win #2.

3. If The Big 12 teams win a majority of their bowl games, I win #3.  If The Big 12 loses a majority of their bowl games, you win #3.

4. If The Big 10 loses a majority of their bowl games, I win #4.  If The Big 10 wins a majority of their bowl games, you win #4.

5. If I pick more games correctly than you in Coffeeman's pick 'em contest, I win #5.  If you pick more games than me in Coffeeman's pick 'em contest, you win #5.

TIEBREAKER

If for some reason, we go 2-2 in the above categories we will use the Alamo Bowl and the Rose Bowl.  I have Oklahoma State and Texas whereas you have Ohio State and Michigan.  If the combined scores of Oklahoma State and Texas is larger than the combined scores of Ohio State and Michigan, then I win the tiebreaker.  If the combined scores of Ohio State and Michigan is larger than the combined scores of Oklahoma State and Texas, then you win the tiebreaker.

THE WAGER

If YOU lose, YOU may never post on the College Football Forum here at The Huddle ever again.  YOU may not create nor sign in under a different assumed name either and post.  YOU are to never be heard of again on the College Football Forum here at The Huddle.

If I lose, I may never post on the College Football Forum here at The Huddle ever again.  I may not create nor sign in under a different assumed name either and post.  I am to never be heard of again on the College Football Forum here at The Huddle.

Please confirm you are in agreeance with the updated rules.

601647[/snapback]

That put me up 1-0 in the best of five by winning the # 2 line bet .

Also, in the event of a tie breaker Big 10 up over Big 12 by 26 points, i don't even see Texas scoring this many :D

Edited by theeohiostate

That put me up 1-0 in the best of five by winning the # 2 line bet .

Also, in the event of a tie breaker  Big 10 up over Big 12 by 26 points, i don't even see Texas scoring this many  :D

636437[/snapback]

Yeah but it still does not alleviate the fact that you made the following wager!!!!!!!! oh and btw I accepted:

I'll give you and any of your bandwagon of IDIOTS 12 and 1/2 points and take USC to beat OU. I will not post in this forum FOREVER if i lose, if you take OU +12 and 1/2 and honor the same?

That should quiet the board after i win 

So who in the F U C K cares if you are leading 1-0; I dont!!!!!!!!