[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Holiday Bowl

detlef

There must be some commitment there or something, but it does bear saying that Cal is getting royally screwed here. Not so much by getting passed by Texas or even Pitt (though that is a crock), but they're a top 5 team and they're not even playing on the 1st. At very least they deserve to play a conference runner-up or a top 10 team. Tenn? Georgia? How 'bout someone in the top 20? Absolutely not a 7-4 team on the 30th.

That just plain sucks.

Was it a tie-in, or did it really come down to the fact that Florida Bowls weren't sure if Cal would travel well?

I'm not actually blaming anyone as much simply saying that it sucks.

599427[/snapback]

There is a tie in for the #2 Pac-10 team to play the #3 Big 12 team. But when Texas got bumped ahead of Cal into the BCSwould have played Arz St in the Holiday Bowl if Cal was in the Rose Bowl, moving Texas to the Cotton Bowl, again. But Texas getting in the Rose Bowl moved everyone up in the Big 12, and dropped everyone down in the Pac-10.

I think Texas Tech and Cal will be a fun game to watch, Tech has alot of offense and it should be a high scoring game.

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

There is a tie in for the #2 Pac-10 team to play the #3 Big 12 team.  But when Texas got bumped ahead of Cal into the BCSwould have  played Arz St in the Holiday Bowl if Cal was in the Rose Bowl, moving Texas to the Cotton Bowl, again.  But Texas getting in the Rose Bowl moved everyone up in the Big 12, and dropped everyone down in the Pac-10.

I think Texas Tech and Cal will be a fun game to watch,  Tech has alot of offense and it should be a high scoring game.

599490[/snapback]

You do realize that Cal's D is every bit as good as their O. Again, I think Cal should be playing a better team.

You do realize that Cal's D is every bit as good as their O.  Again, I think Cal should be playing a better team.

599517[/snapback]

Why should Cal now starting playing a better team when all season their only win vs a top 25 team was Arz St which was just embarassed by unranked Arizona. I just dont think Cal got the shaft as you do.

Cal deserves to be in the BCS over Pitt, but that is the BCS. As far as the team they play, the matchup should be good to watch, but Cal is going to have its hands full stopping Texas Tech.

Why should Cal now starting playing a better team when all season their only win vs a top 25 team was Arz St which was just embarassed by unranked Arizona.  I just dont think Cal got the shaft as you do. 

Cal deserves to be in the BCS over Pitt, but that is the BCS.  As far as the team they play, the matchup should be good to watch, but Cal is going to have its hands full stopping Texas Tech.

599610[/snapback]

You can only play the teams on your schedule. Exactly who has Tech beaten? Exactly who has UGA beaten?

Cal barely lost to the #1 ranked team in the country. UGA and Tenn both got beaten soundly by the #3 yet they're playing on the 1st. Texas got dominated by the #2 team and they're playing in the BCS.

The simple fact is this. For whatever reason, the writers, the coaches and the computers all have Cal either in the top 5 or at very least top 10 (not sure what the computers have them but it can't be any worse than 10). These same bodies feel that Tech is no better than #22. Step outside your Big 12 loving self and explain to me how that isn't a slap in the face.

Cal barely lost to the #1 ranked team in the country.  UGA and Tenn both got beaten soundly by the #3 yet they're playing on the 1st.  Texas got dominated by the #2 team and they're playing in the BCS.

599637[/snapback]

OU beat Texas 12-0 while it was as sound win, I'd hardly call that domination. As a Texas fan I think that Texas would beat Cal, but would love to see the game. There is no question in my mind that Cal out classes TT, but I still think it could be a very fun game to watch. TT is not going to stop Cal. On the other hand TT has a offense that is very fun to watch. I think that TT will keep in fairly close, say within 10 to 14 points but Cal should definitely win the game. There is no doubt that Cal is getting screwed by the system, but it is a stretch to say that they are any more deserving of the #4 spot than Texas. In an ideal world, there would be a playoff. In a not so perfect world, Cal and Texas should play.

You can only play the teams on your schedule.  Exactly who has Tech beaten?  Exactly who has UGA beaten?

Cal barely lost to the #1 ranked team in the country.  UGA and Tenn both got beaten soundly by the #3 yet they're playing on the 1st.  Texas got dominated by the #2 team and they're playing in the BCS.

The simple fact is this.  For whatever reason, the writers, the coaches and the computers all have Cal either in the top 5 or at very least top 10 (not sure what the computers have them but it can't be any worse than 10).  These same bodies feel that Tech is no better than #22.  Step outside your Big 12 loving self and explain to me how that isn't a slap in the face.

599637[/snapback]

This has nothing to do with the Big 12, I think Cal beats Tech. Cal deserves the Holiday Bowl as that is the Pac-10s #2 team scheduled bowl. I just think the game will be fun to watch.

OU beat Texas 12-0 while it was as sound win, I'd hardly call that domination.  As a Texas fan I think that Texas would beat Cal, but would love to see the game.  There is no question in my mind that Cal out classes TT, but I still think it could be a very fun game to watch.  TT is not going to stop Cal.  On the other hand TT has a offense that is very fun to watch.  I think that TT will keep in fairly close, say within 10 to 14 points but Cal should definitely win the game.  There is no doubt that Cal is getting screwed by the system, but it is a stretch to say that they are any more deserving of the #4 spot than Texas.  In an ideal world, there would be a playoff.  In a not so perfect world, Cal and Texas should play.

599658[/snapback]

As I mentioned in my 1st post, I'm not complaining that Cal should go over UT. That may or may not be true but certainly neither side can say without a doubt that their team had an undeniable case over the other. I also realize, as lame as it is, the BCS says Utah, Pitt, Mich, and VaTech get the other 4 spots. My issue is that Cal should be playing in the next best game after those four and they aren't. I think you and I agree on that.

As I mentioned in my 1st post, I'm not complaining that Cal should go over UT.  That may or may not be true but certainly neither side can say without a doubt that their team had an undeniable case over the other.  I also realize, as lame as it is, the BCS says Utah, Pitt, Mich, and VaTech get the other 4 spots.  My issue is that Cal should be playing in the next best game after those four and they aren't.  I think you and I agree on that.

599976[/snapback]

I agree, but after the big four, how would you rank the order of importance?

I agree, but after the big four, how would you rank the order of importance?

600118[/snapback]

Well, a Jan 1 game for sure. I guess the Outback Bowl against UGA would be my first choice but the Cotton Bowl certainly has more history.

Edited by detlef

Well, a Jan 1 game for sure.  I guess the Outback Bowl against UGA would be my first choice but the Cotton Bowl certainly has more history.

600998[/snapback]

The Cotton Bowl is a dump. I can't wait until Jerry builds his new stadium in Arlington, so that the Red River Shoot-Out can get out of that dump.

Bowls are all based on pay out. Holiday Bowl does have a very high pay out. The Holiday Bowl could easily be a New Years Day Bowl. I understand, that playing on the 1st of the year is important, but it is a higher pay out than the Outback Bowl I believe. And heres some advice for Cal fans. Try blowing out that sh|tty texas tech team, and making some case that you did belong, instead of being like that joke from Austin, and losing to an average Washington State team, and proving that you indeed needed to be nowhere near a BCS Bowl. Texas will get rolled by Michigan, and the Rose Bowl will be even more p|ssed. They are the ones getting screwed here, cuz they don't have the match up THEY want.

Here is an interesting comparison between Texas and Cal

Texas' opponents went a combined 67-56 (.545) and Texas played 6 bowl teams and beat five out of 6 of them. The bowl teams that Texas Beat had a combined record of 47-21 (.691). Texas played 4 top 25 BCS teams (all going to bowls) and beat three of them.

Cal's opponents record was a combined 61-61 (.500). Cal played 5 bowl teams and beat 4 out of 5 of them. The bowl teams they beat went 38-18 (.679). In addition only two of the 5 bowl teams Cal beat were in the top 25 of the BCS and Cal went 1-1 (.500) against them.

Bowls are all based on pay out. Holiday Bowl does have a very high pay out. The Holiday Bowl could easily be a New Years Day Bowl. I understand, that playing on the 1st of the year is important, but it is a higher pay out than the Outback Bowl I believe. And heres some advice for Cal fans. Try blowing out that sh|tty texas tech team, and making some case that you did belong, instead of being like that joke from Austin, and losing to an average Washington State team, and proving that you indeed needed to be nowhere near a BCS Bowl. Texas will get rolled by Michigan, and the Rose Bowl will be even more p|ssed. They are the ones getting screwed here, cuz they don't have the match up THEY want.

601390[/snapback]

How bout when Michigan gets beat by Texas, you take your ignornat ass out of this forum, forever. You are such a sack of Athena. You have nothing but the Big 10 is superior to the Big 12. Obviosusly no one but you Big 10 idiots agree that is why 2 Big 12 schools are in the BCS and only an undeserving Michigan represents the Big 10.

LMAO< do you remember the last time the Big 12 sent a team to the Rose Bowl, they beat the Pac-10 champs by 25. That was in 2002 when OU rolled Wash St. It would be funny if Texas punked Michigan by the same score 2 years later proving once and for all the Big 10 sucks and leave no doubt what an idiot you are tooting their horn when nobody in the media, coaches or BCS thinks the Big 10 is worth a ***.

How bout when Michigan gets beat by Texas, you take your ignornat ass out of this forum, forever.  You are such a sack of Athena.  You have nothing but the Big 10 is superior to the Big 12.  Obviosusly no one but you Big 10 idiots agree that is why 2 Big 12 schools are in the BCS and only an undeserving Michigan represents the Big 10. 

LMAO<  do you remember the last time the Big 12 sent a team to the Rose Bowl, they beat the Pac-10 champs by 25.  That was in 2002 when OU rolled Wash St.  It would be funny if Texas punked Michigan by the same score 2 years later proving once and for all the Big 10 sucks and leave no doubt what an idiot you are tooting their horn when nobody in the media, coaches or BCS thinks the Big 10 is worth a ***.

604886[/snapback]

:D

So eager to asks others to leave....STAND ON YOUR OWN TWO FEET. PUNK!!!

I will take Michigan against Texas for a sig line bet against you or even better the loser doesn't post in this forum. Come on put your money where your mouth is you are so full of shiat it makes me sick! Have to let others do your dirty work cause your such a BIATCH!!!

As far as proving the Big 12 is better than the Big 10 :D , we don't have to look to far back to know the truth Big 10 runner up OSU punks out Big 12 CHAMP KSU in the Fiesta bowl, this year will be more of the same when Michigan and OSU rock their opponents, I'm guessing Michigan is loving the fact of playing a WEAK ass Texas team instead of the deserving and more superior CAL team. Now once AGAIN the Big 10 will outperform the Big 12 in the bowls , OU will again get SOCKED!! and you'll still be saying the same shiat! ONCE A PUNK BIATCH ................ALWAYS A PUNK BIATCH!!!

When will you stand on YOUR OWN FEET!! WELCHING WUSS!!!

• 3 weeks later...
You do realize that Cal's D is every bit as good as their O.  Again, I think Cal should be playing a better team.

599517[/snapback]

Well neither look good to me, and Cal is proving it doesnt deserve to be ranked in the top 20, at least ahead of #22 ranked Texas Tech.

In fact, maybe the fall to the Holiday wasnt far enough, they are embarassing themselves instead of showing anyone they belong in the BCS.