[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I know, this is Pro,but the BCS just came and WOW

Teacon

they have some people that just plain out suck on the bcs committee. i expected the oklahoma thing as they were saying that on gameday(saturday).

suprised by the irish but if they go undefeated (they won't) the bcs would want them in the championship game. they would get crushed by miami and lose soundly to the sooners. n.c. state is a good darkhorse. tough games coming up (who doesn't have them) but what a huge surprise they have been.

Ding, ding, ding.

Winner is Sarge:

"Had Fla St, and Fla not had so many loses already, Miami would be #1 due to strength of schedule. And when its all said and done, the winner of the Miami - Va Tech game will be in the title game hands down."

S&D, I may have to disagree w/you on who you will be playing in the Rose Bowl. Oh.St is going to continue to accrue strength of schedule points and win. I think there is a good chance that WHEN ND falls, WHEN VaTech loses to the 'Canes, the Buckeyes are going to sneak into the top 2.

Clubfoothead:

Ding, ding, ding.

Winner is Sarge:

"Had Fla St, and Fla not had so many loses already, Miami would be #1 due to strength of schedule. And when its all said and done, the winner of the Miami - Va Tech game will be in the title game hands down."

I have to agree with you two. I thought OU should be ranked #1, but didn't think they would be due to Miami's clout. ND is only a mild surprise to me. What surprises me more is the line against them this week is +10 1/2. Florida State has not been nearly that good this season.

Trust me Raj, that line is going to change. Remember one thing, and I'm not a bettor but have listened to the guys talk enough to know.......The lines are designed to draw the $$ out and THAT line definitely will do it. The line will come down once too much $$ falls on the ND side. I agree, it is way to high right now.

Why do you even care where anyone is ranked right now? The BCS doesn't even like to release the standings until Nov but they do it cause the fans and news media whine like Rosie O'Donnell if they don't. They KNOW it's a useless tool this early in the season and that it will change dramatically. As for calling BCS members idiots, well, that's rather idiotic in and of itself. It is a computerised system. It isn't like guys sit around a table and vote. It's pure number crunching.

Guest Azazello13

can anyone give me a reason why miami SHOULD be ranked ahead of OU right now? miami had to get lucky agaisnt FSU, OU pretty much demolished texas and ISU in back-to-back weeks. miami's #1 in the polls partly due to what they did last year, and the idea that they're #1 until knocked off their throne. that idea is fine for polls, but at this point in THIS season, oklahoma has proven a lot more, IMO.

I suppose I subscribe to the theory that til you knock 'em off, they are #1, but obviously it goes further than that. For the most part they look good. Should have FSU knocked Mia off? Yea, I think so, but championship teams find a way to win some tough ones. OU is tough. I think Mia/OU will be the championship game, but none-the-less, Miami is #1 to me.

By the way, I hate the computers. We need a playoff system.

I also am in agreement with the fact that it is early and the ranking really don't mean anything, but I posted for the conversation AND I was somewhat surprised to see ND that high.

Guest Azazello13
Teacon:

Should have FSU knocked Mia off?  Yea, I think so, but championship teams find a way to win some tough ones.

not that i disagree in general too much with what you're puttin' down here, but...miami being a championship team doesn't have much to do with FSU's kicker duck-hooking the winning field goal.

miami being a championship team doesn't have much to do with FSU's kicker duck-hooking the winning field goal.

.....and not to think my response if very good to that point, I could shoot holes myself in the following but what the h*ll.........

Bowden choked it w/the way he handled those last few plays away, in part because I think he was intimidated and in not trying to lose the opportunity, in fact lost the opportunity. I think Miami being as good as they are did play a part in Bowden's thinking.

Ok, fire away. eek!

Sgt. Ryan

After this weekend, the BCS will be shaken up completely.

Penn St beats Ohio St

Fla St beats ND

Kentucky beats GA - yes I said Kentucky beats GA.

Michigan loses to Iowa

Forgive me for my rant.  But I get sick and tired of hearing how good Lil 10 teams are, or how they beat up on each other.  Bottom line is OU, Miami, Va Tech, or even Texas would cake walk through the Lil 10.[/QB]

Granted I dont think the BIGTEN is that good this year, but I would love to see Miami play PENN STATE,IOWA,MINNESOTA,WISCONSIN,OHIO STATE in 5 out of 7 weeks and then have 2 out of conference games like NOTRE DAME AND WASHINGTON and come away without a lose!

Oh wait Miami has to play V Tech after pittsburgh and syracuse, Florida State after florida a&m, temple, boston college, and conneticut.

Yeah thats a tough schedule if your playing college BASKETBALL.

Hardcore:

Sgt. Ryan

Penn St beats Ohio St

Fla St beats ND

Michigan loses to Iowa

Forgive me for my rant.  But I get sick and tired of hearing how good Lil 10 teams are, or how they beat up on each other.  Bottom line is OU, Miami, Va Tech, or even Texas would cake walk through the Lil 10.

Granted I dont think the BIGTEN is that good this year, but I would love to see Miami play PENN STATE,IOWA,MINNESOTA,WISCONSIN,OHIO STATE in 5 out of 7 weeks and then have 2 out of conference games like NOTRE DAME AND WASHINGTON and come away without a lose!

Oh wait Miami has to play V Tech after pittsburgh and syracuse, Florida State after florida a&m, temple, boston college, and conneticut.

Yeah thats a tough schedule if your playing college BASKETBALL.[/QB]

Go Blue!

Where's Nebraska? lol Nice team boys, nice team...........I am still red-arsed that they shared the National Championship with us in 97'..........However, I still think Michigan is ranked high even though its my alma.......but give them credit, they've hung in with alot of character and have pulled off some pressure cookers........may help them down the line.......and ditto on Clarett..........Michigan D will shut his arse down..........

Sgt. Ryan:

Teacon:

S&D, I may have to disagree w/you on who you will be playing in the Rose Bowl.  Oh.St is going to continue to accrue strength of schedule points and win.  I think there is a good chance that WHEN ND falls, WHEN VaTech loses to the 'Canes, the Buckeyes are going to sneak into the top 2.

Ohio St will probably lose this weekend., This is probably one of the most over-rated teams in the country. Clarett is a true thug. Any punk who wears his jersey backwards so you can see his name in interviews is nothing but a punk. And now this ****er has said he may come out after his freshman year. This guy couldnt carry either Va Tech RBs, or even Quinten Griffins jock. Hes racked up yards against the weak Big 10 and easy non-conference schedule. I wouldnt be surprised if Ohio St didnt have 3 loses before the end of the year. They have played 1 Top 25 team this year, and that was at home against Wash St. Who doesnt have a defense. No Pac-Ten teams play defense.

No way Anyone jumps OU if they win out, they will not fall to more than #2 in any poll, and are #1 in 3 computers and #2 in 3 others, to Notre Dame. If ND loses, OU will be #1 in 6 of the 7 computers with a #2 rank in both polls, and still play Colorado, and @ A@M plus the Big 12 Championship vs either Iowa St, or KSU another top 20 team.

Penn St beats Ohio St

Fla St beats ND

Michigan loses to Iowa

Forgive me for my rant. But I get sick and tired of hearing how good Lil 10 teams are, or how they beat up on each other. Bottom line is OU, Miami, Va Tech, or even Texas would cake walk through the Lil 10.

Wow..A Buckeye hater!!! will agree some what This is the Game for the Buckeyes WE win this game only Michigan left..and I don't think Michigan gets it done this year..as a Buckeye fan I must admit I'm little worried about Penn State Buckeyes just lost Shane Olivea one of our top O-linemen and I'll agree Big Ten weaker this year more than others and yes I think Va tech,Miami,are better I think Sooners are suspect but that's why OSU is 4th in Country and I feel that's about right.Don't know what spread is on Penn State game But I would say smart money on lions to cover. DON"T get me wrong Buckeye Nation will be cheering my heart out Sat.The SHOE will help OSU but I think Penn State is way Better than 17th in country.Now I don't see Big East as a great confrence besides BC,Miami,Va tech,Miami they have played some real cream puffs as well..Did you see the great game they played against Rutgers??? and face it Miami should have lost to FlA.STATE if the kicker does not choke!!!the jersey backwards was cheesy..but still is a great back for a FRESHMEN. I think Va Tech will play in national title game and if BUCKEYES win this week I don't see them losing again..so to me this game is for shot for National title. GO Bucks.

Come on, Sarge.....Penn St. is better, obviously, but I don't buy that they are the 'Lions of old. An OK Iowa team pushed them to the wall. I'm not going to claim that this is the best OSU team ever. They are close to even and I like a home team in that case. OSU wins this weekend.

I see Va Tech beating Miami anyway.Ou schedule is soooooo much better than OHIO STATE's please like I said Ohio state wins out if they beat Penn State.Okalhoma wins out if they beat the Buffs.Ohio state vs OU for national title if big if OSU beats Penn State. Ou gets past the Buffs.

Miami will blow out Va Tech.
I agree Mia wins this game, but I'm telling you Sarge, I think it will be a lot closer than you're calling. Beamer is about as good a game planner as there is. This game is going to be close, even to the point that Tech will be within reach in the 4th quarter. Still thing the 'Canes will pull it out.

I'm sorry but Va tech will beat Miami!!!..and I'll be around Sunday morning working late shift..and I already told you I think Penn State covers. The Game will be very close will be decide by how Ohio State Defense handles LJ.

I guess your so good I should call you Beano...or Mr. Pick. by the way I do pretty good on Saturdays and Better on Sundays...but I don't have to explain that to a football god like you...right Beano!!!

Attention yankees and easterners,

DO not under estimate ou. As an aggie fan it pains me to say this but their d is in a totally different dimension from anything ive seen this year. Their o is above average, **** sure better than va tech. Just watch, when its all said and done im putting my money on the enema from norman.