[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bobby Williams fired

policyvote

No......no surprise here.....whether it happened now or at the end of the season.....it was GOING to happen. My prediction is that the next coach in there will kick Stoker off the team as well. And all the others named in that little ring they had going.

Given the disappointing season MSU has had so far, and the "monkeys running the zoo" appearance of the program, this is hardly surprising.

Too bad for Williams, he did seem like a decent guy.

SteelBunz:

And all the others named in that little ring they had going.

As clarification, there was no "little ring". Smoker's been having problems for a while, Moss just had one crazy night (stopped during a traffic reroute, ended up plowing into a police car while drunk), Taplin's suspension wasn't drug- or behavior-related (it was actually for violating team rules, believe it or not), and the two guys who quit quit because of playing time and the direction the team was going.

Peace

policy

Chavez:

Too bad for Williams, he did seem like a decent guy.

Nobody around here dislike Bobby. He is a good, decent guy. He is the prototypical "players coach". The next coach for the Sparties will need to be a blend of a stern disciplinarian and a players coach.

Hmmm... Steve Mariucci would be a nice fight for Moo U.

Egret

Hmmm... Steve Mariucci would be a nice fight for Moo U.

Yeah, that's gonna happen, his lifelong friendship with Izzo and Michigan roots (though the UP really isn't "Michigan") notwithstanding.

Mooch was on a couple of talk shows yesterday saying he had no interest in the job. There have been lots of great candidates working the rumor mill, but Ron Mason will take his time and get the best guy for the job.

spain

For God's sakes, who in their right mind would want to move to Grand Rapids, Michigan?  People move away from, NOT TO, Michigan.

Uh, MSU is in East Lansing, spain. Grand Rapids is a couple hours away.

And you might enjoy Northern Michigan and Upper Michigan; woodsy, no minorities.....

Chavez:

spain

For God's sakes, who in their right mind would want to move to Grand Rapids, Michigan?  People move away from, NOT TO, Michigan.

And you might enjoy Northern Michigan and Upper Michigan; woodsy, no minorities.....Sort of like Milwaukee? eek!

policyvote:

SteelBunz:

And all the others named in that little ring they had going.

As clarification, there was no "little ring". Smoker's been having problems for a while, Moss just had one crazy night (stopped during a traffic reroute, ended up plowing into a police car while drunk), Taplin's suspension wasn't drug- or behavior-related (it was actually for violating team rules, believe it or not), and the two guys who quit quit because of playing time and the direction the team was going.

Peace

policy

Sorry if he's a friend of yours, Policy...and the typo "Stoker" was not intentional (I just now saw it).....late night typing. But we are still getting stories pertaining to the "girlfriend's" story down here.

And not to kick a guy when he's down.....but I've never understood people that have it all going for them.....having substance abuse problems.....especially at that age. Didn't his parents sort of bring it to light? Actually a smart and courageous move on their part. Funny that his friends and coach didn't seem to want to make it an issue sooner. :D

And to add to Herbstreet's take on the Williams firing.....his predecessors were given more of an opportunity to put together a team.....yes...

Williams may be a good guy...and I generally disagree with firing a coach midseason...but he was handed a pre-season top 5 team.....and the implosion was nuclear, in my opinion. As a Big Ten fan and follower......you have to hate to see that happen no matter WHO it is.....well...Ok.....Maybe Michigan...lol. wink

But they've had their own problems this week...

policyvote:

Morris Watts (the reviled OC) has been given the interim job--and it's VERY much interim.

My guess; he will have his pink slip waiting for him in the locker room at the end of their final game this season. :D

In fact, it's probably already typed up and ready to go!

spain:

ESPN college game day quoted a University Trustee who said Williams was fired because he was black.  No word on whether he was hired because he was black...

Agreed . . . Ferguson must have forgotten that MSU Trustee is an elected position; I guarantee you everyone will remember this when his term is up. What a bunch of mularkey.

And mark my words, they will desperately try to hire a qualified black man. I just hope and pray that it's not Grimace . . . I detest Denny Green, and I can't even picture a future where he's coaching the Spartans. It'd be like some sort of bizarre personal he||.

Peace

policy