[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

CNN Bowl Predictions

Kansas State 2000

Dec. 31 Peach Maryland (ACC No. 3) Tennessee (SEC)

As a Vol fan who has watched the Tennessee season disintegrate into a steaming pile of mulch, I must say that I would be happy to see us play Maryland down in Hotlanta's Peach Bowl! Maybe some of the Terp fans would like to meet down there for a pregame Bash! If we do play there, Spain will be going(caveat: This is assuming I dont have a couples shower to attend that weekend). I do think this would be a good matchup, but the Vol fans will out number Marylanders on the order of 50 to 1. The game itself should be a very close contest, IMO. I wonder what the line would be???

spain:

Dec. 31  Peach  Maryland (ACC No. 3)  Tennessee (SEC) 

As a Vol fan who has watched the Tennessee season disintegrate into a steaming pile of mulch, I must say that I would be happy to see us play Maryland down in Hotlanta's Peach Bowl!  Maybe some of the Terp fans would like to meet down there for a pregame Bash!  If we do play there, Spain will be going(caveat: This is assuming I dont have a couples shower to attend that weekend).  I do think this would be a good matchup, but the Vol fans will out number Marylanders on the order of 50 to 1.  The game itself should be a very close contest, IMO.  I wonder what the line would be???

I forsee Maryland going to either the Gator or BCS bowl. With their win against NC STATE, the TERPS hopefully will wind up no worse than second place in the ACC. Last year was the TERPS first bowl game in about ten years and there were many more TERPS that traveled than expected. I was at the Orange Bowl, and even though the TERPS were playing the Gators in FL, I would say that the crowd consisted of no LESS than 35-40% MD fans - pretty good for playing a team in their home state.

I agree that the Peach Bowl would be a very fun bowl to attend - Hotlanta and a New Year's Eve game(the game is actually played that night) all make for fun times.

As far as pregame bash, I recall boozin it up at Jocks N Jills - a sports bar very close to the Georgia Dome - during the Final Four this past April. (BTW the Indiana fans did out number Terps fans at least 12 to 1).