[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Heisman Poll

justin

Here is who the linesmakers think is gonna win. For all you non gamblers a plus means on a $100 bet this is what you win. A minus means you have to lay this much to win a $100.

Brad Banks [iowa] +150

Willis McGahee [MIA] +175

Carson Palmer [uSC] +250

Larry Johnson [P.S] +300

Byron Leftwich [Mar] +1000

Ken Dorsey [Miami] +300

Seneca Wallace [i.St +1800

Clarett[O.S]+1500

The Field +200

Banks and McGahee are the favorites. With Dorsey having 4* the odds, Looking at the poll, I'd say Dorsey is a pretty good bet. I just wonder if McGahee will take votes from Dorsey.

I've been to every home 'Canes games and 2 away games at UF and UT. :D I have never seen a back more dominant on the 'Canes (yes, even EJ) than Willis M....and I've been watching a 'Canes fan since I was a fetus. It's sad that Sophs just DON'T win the award. If I could, I'd vote MCDORSEY for heisman and let them split it!!!

If it's the best player on the team, Willis M. SHOULD win the award...in ALMOST every game this season, any observer can see he's the reason the 'Canes are undefeated. But...if it's someone on the 'Canes, Dorsey WILL win the award.

As a fan, I honestly hope NEITHER of them win it...it's a jinx of MAMMOTH proportions. A la Crouch in the Rose Bowl last year (even though I was there to see him get crushed by the 'Canes :rolleyes: )

Great poll...

In the end, I think they'd both be much happier when all this Heisman talk is over and they can focus on winning a 2nd straight National Championship.

Amazing. NOBODY has voted that Dorsey deserves the Heisman but a huge percentage think that he is going to win it. Not much trust in the Heisman voters to do the right thing apparently.

For what it's worth, a local (Toledo, Ohio) sports columnist told people to e-mail him with their Heisman votes and he would vote for whoever won the poll. He counted 7,500 votes and the top 3 were:

1) Banks - 2,856

2) Palmer - 2,287

3) Johnson - 1,658

699 other votes were split between Dorsey, McGahhie, Chris Brown and Leftwich.

Banks gets my vote. Iowa was supposed to stink and he's a huge reason why they are one of the better teams in the country. He's only thrown 4 INT's and I heard that 2 of those INT's were meaningless (ended half).

Finalist announced today:

Brad Banks

Ken Dorsey

Larry Johnson

Willis McGahee

Carson Palmer

Byron Lefwich is left out.

Dorsey & McGahee will cancel each other out.

Voters love 2000 yard backs but Johnson did it with 1 extra game.

Banks just doesn't have the support.

Palmer has the entire west coast and beat ND which the East will notice.

Palmer wins the award.

Kansas State 2000:

Finalist announced today:

Brad Banks

Ken Dorsey 

Larry Johnson 

Willis McGahee 

Carson Palmer

Byron Lefwich is left out.

Dorsey & McGahee will cancel each other out.

Voters love 2000 yard backs but Johnson did it with 1 extra game.

Banks just doesn't have the support.

Palmer has the entire west coast and beat ND which the East will notice.

Palmer wins the award.

Well it did look obvious to me. wink