[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2002-2003 Conference Bowl Records

Kansas State 2000

I'll predict this right now, the Big 12 should have an awesome Bowl record since most of their teams play a BUNCH of CHUMPS! The Big 10 will have a poor Bowl record because they have 3 teams in Bowls that don't belong there and are playing teams from major conferences that finished a lot higher. Bowl records don't matter, it matters what Ohio State, Iowa, Michigan and Penn State do.

hornish:

I'll predict this right now, the Big 12 should have an awesome Bowl record since most of their teams play a BUNCH of CHUMPS!

I agree. As a conference it appears that the Big XII is overated. Granted with OSU going against Sou. Miss. and Texas Tech against Clemson, the Big XII started off strong. But weak showings by K. State (who almost lost to an 18 point underdog), Nebraska - who fielding a bad team all year, and Colorado indicate that the Big XII may not be the "powerhouse conference" that many thought they were. Even against a weak bowl schedule, the conference is 3-2, with a few games to play.

After all is said and done on Jan 4th, I predict that the Big Ten, SEC and ACC (maybe - the NCST & ND matchup is intriging) will all have better bowl conference records than the Big XII.

I also agree that the Colorado game was a surprise and Colorado did not play like they usually do. Nebraska has fallen that far they are a very average team. KSU vs. ASU could be a BCS rematch next year, both teams bring back most of their team. ASU is better than a lot of people (Including me) expected. With Walters getting a full year under his belt (he only played half the games) and with that very tough defense they could be in a BCS bowl next year as I suspect KSU Will as well.

I am shocked at the PAC10 showing. Washington State is not a pushover by any means, Washington had beaten Purdue 7-1-1 over the years, and Oregon really looked better than their record.

Just goes to show I guess. If we could only have gotten Boise State to join we might have taken their lead and been respectable!