[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Commited by mssaint

Menudo

Hey Saint, I just bought the hardback copy of your book at Waldenbooks for $25 and I zipped through the first chapter when I got home. This book is great. So many things in there related to things I have experienced. I will have this book finished quickly. Great read so far !!!!!! Just wanted to give my endorsement for those considering buying this book. Great work Saint !!!!!

:D:D

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Saint, I just bought the hardback copy of your book at Waldenbooks for $25 and I zipped through the first chapter when I got home.  This book is great.  So many things in there related to things I have experienced.  I will have this book finished quickly. Great read so far !!!!!!  Just wanted to give my endorsement for those considering buying this book.  Great work Saint !!!!!

:D  :D

633176[/snapback]

I ordered my copy online on Christmas! Can't wait!

Another endorsement. Excellent read.

633319[/snapback]

I went to Barnes & Noble today in Raleigh and they were sold-out! When I asked the customer service agent for a book titled Committed, he knew exactly the book I was referring to. He instantly informed me he didn't think they had any in-stock, but he could special order it.

Very impressive Saint. Not only was he familiar with the book, but he knew they were out-of-stock. Clearly a sign there is some demand for it here in the triangle.

How did you get it published? Care to offer any suggestions for future writers?

Edited by gspot

Definately a great read, I got my copy for Christmas also after begging for it since it came out. I hate it when the better half won't let me have my Christmas present early. I have read the first 4 chapters and can relate to just about everything in there.

Definately a must read for all fantasy football players and their spouses.

Before Christmas I wanted to buy 6 copies of the book for some of my league mates for Xmas gifts. I had to go to 4-5 different Barnes & Nobles here in NYC to get to 6. Seems like every Barnes & Nobles was either sold out of only carried a max of 2.

Had me running around for a few hours but I think it was worth the effort.

8m|?wn Goes Frazia,12/28/04 04:29am]was just on your website...... nice mug  B) ..... it says you were on Cold Pizza on ESPN2 on Dec. 15th. :eek:

Did I miss this news earlier ? That's a hugh endorsement right there. :D

633392[/snapback]

Yeah, guess I'll never be a Mystery Huddler now, what with my stupid picture on book jacket covers/website for all to see. :D

And for those that missed "Cold Pizza," here's a chance to see my big ol' j@ckass talking head. Being my first ever appearance on national TV, I was admittedly a little edgy at first but calmed down pretty quickly. Jay was a good dude, and Kit....well....:D

http://www.markstamant.com/events.html

It's a Quicktime. Should work for both Mac & PC...

Edited by msaint

How did you get it published?  Care to offer any suggestions for future writers?

633380[/snapback]

First of all, never stop writing and submitting, no matter how many agents and publishers tell you your stuff is crap/unmarketable/hopeless. And they will, because they see so many friggin' submissions and queries every single day that they're often rude, short, and harsh, if they even repsond at all. You gotta have a thick skin. As for how Committed got published, it's kind of a long story & I'll post more later, but anyone who's interested in the whole writing/publishing thing, feel free to PM me with any specific ?'s and I'll do my d@mndest to get back to you ASAP....

msaint..... so did you win your league?

634420[/snapback]

Last season? You'll have to buy the book to find out :D

This season? I had a f'n juggernaut squad and got knocked out in the semis thanks in part to Peyton's tank job vs. Baltimore. :D

"Mark wrote the best-selling novels The Da Vinci Code and Angels and Demons, which have sold more than ten million copies worldwide. Um...true."

:D

Breaking Hollywood News: Ron Howard signs on to direct the film version of "Committed". While the lead role has not yet been cast. Rumors are rampant that both Snoop Dog and Jack Black are attempting to be the first to clear their respective schedules in the coming months for what has been called “A project of fanatical and unswerving proportions, a faithful introspective into the mindset of the devoted”. However, there is no truth to the whispers that Ben Stiller may have the inside track “Dodgeball: A True underdog Story was my Superbowl. I have been working on twenty-three other projects and just cannot commit to any others at this time, although I am flattered to be mentioned.” :D

Well done Mark!

I have to get this book. I am not by any means an avid reader but with all of the good reviews and the fact that it is written by a huddle member I got to get it.

You all have sold me. Good luck with the sales msaint