[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Wisconsin #14???

Buccsfan47

Should this team really have moved up 7 spots in the polls? Who have the beaten? Let me see ummmm West Virginia and Akron. Neither one of these teams are ranked or pose to be a threat this season. Both of these games were close and if it wasn't for a play or two, Wisconsin could of lost both?? How do these guys rank teams...there needs to be some kind of bracket tournament..this is getting ridiculous!!

Buccsfan47

Should this team really have moved up 7 spots in the polls?  Who have the beaten?  Let me see ummmm West Virginia and Akron.  Neither one of these teams are ranked or pose to be a threat this season.  Both of these games were close and if it wasn't for a play or two, Wisconsin could of lost both??

A win is a win is a win. Besides, after embarrassing themselves vs the Rebs, you can look for them to fall to 23-24, maybe right out of the polls.

How do these guys rank teams...there needs to be some kind of bracket tournament..this is getting ridiculous!
My question is, why WOULDN'T you rank the Badgers top 20? They have a coach with a proven track record, usually manage to develop very good OLs, have one of the top rushers in the country the past 2+ years, and a deep corps of WRs, featuring probable top 10 pick Lee Evans. Sorgi isn't/wasn't totally "proven", but he IS experienced and a pretty good passer.

The Badgers were as legit a top 25 team as any other this early in the season; UNLV exposed them as pretenders. Let's remember that most polls before week 5 or 6 are usually going to have several wild inaccuracies in them (Auburn, anyone?).

Pre-season polls are such a crap shoot, with so-called pundits looking at the previous year standings and guessing which teams have gotten relatively weaker or stronger over the off-season. Week #1-4 polls aren't much better, with all the creampuff opponents to get the boys' confidence up at the big-time schools.

Polls should not be allowed until Oct. 1! But if it's going to be done, championship teams like OSU (while shaky looking,) should not be bumped out of the top5 unless they get BEAT. A win streak is a win streak is a win streak.

Still, I like my Trojans at #4 and climbing. loco

What you guys seem not to realize is that in the opening two weeks, the Badgers climbed from #20 to #15 (USA Today poll) not by playing well or defeating a strong opponent, but because the teams ahead of them in the poll lost. That's all it was.

Week 1: Badgers win; #6 Auburn, #14 Maryland, #19 Washington lose => Badgers up three slots to #17.

Week 2: Badgers win, #11 NC State, #15 Virginia lose => Badgers up two slots to #15.

Of course in Week 3 the shoe was on the other foot... Badgers lose, and a whole bunch of teams zoom past, no matter how ugly those teams' wins may have been, and no matter how bad their opponent.

Mr Bad Example:

UNLV exposed them as pretenders.
I don't think you can conclude that yet. Dayne's senior season the Badgers lost in September to Cincinnati, then went 7-1 in the conference, won the Rose Bowl, and finished ranked in the top 10 (IIRC).

UNLV was definitely ugly, but the jury's still out on this year's team.