[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ohio State gets another questionable call

stumpie71

Ohio State is struggling today against NC State. Their defense is the only thing keeping them in this game other than the officals. A bad throw by NC State's Rivers led to an interception. Or was it? The replay showed it wasn't even close. The ball hit the ground plain as day. The officals where walking around like they didn't know what to do. Not one offical knew if it was or wasn't an interception. So even with that much uncertainty they decided that it had to be one. It was a blown call. If the officals weren't sure they should have called it incomplete. But instead it was ruled a interception and led to a Buckeye touchdown. Looks like the Buckeyes might win again to a blown call. Maybe not since NC State just scored to tie it up 24-24. Ohio will not repeat as National Champs nor should they have been in the first place.

You can't say that Loaf. Without the call what happens on that drive? Does NC State punt?

OSU drove 42 yards on that drive after the INT. What's to say they wouldn't drive for a TD anyhow?

NC State tied the game with 21 seconds left. What's to say that they would even have time to score the last TD?

Yes it was a mistake by the officials, but both teams had a chance to win the game in overtime and the Buckeyes got the win.

Six of the last seven games from last year were within a touchdown or less. Two of the first three from this year were also. That makes eight of ten within seven points. But they win and that is the bottom line.

true the interception call was bad (1 for the buckeyes) how about the holding call against the bucks when there was no way that ball was catchable wich gave them first down then a touchdown (1 for nc state) that makes it even in the game! who has longest winning streak in the country? the BUCKEYES and if they are not screwed out of another chance to play for championship game by the bcs (1998 fla st loses to non ranked nc state 2nd game of year while buckeyes lose to the team up north the last game of season then tennesse doesnt have national championship.

buckeyes keep winning and dropping in poll's. let these other teams play their weak ass schedules in weak ass conferences (i hate notre dame but will give them credit for there hard schedule).

the bcs is based on the state of florida but who do they play? thank you!

coxxy rules go BUCKEYES NATIONAL CHAMPS!

We've been getting some pretty questionable Pass Interference calls against us for 3 weeks now. And a ton of them were 3rd down stops....that turn into 1st downs. thumbs_d angry

REALLY tough to overcome those and win. So...one bad INT call went our way. No matter what...that was a fun game to watch (heart attacks not withstanding wink ) Rivers woke up and looked great. McLendon is just one tough SOB. NC State played a great game. I think it came down to those two ridiculous QB keeper calls in OT3. And the refs got a call RIGHT for once when they ruled McLendon down before the goalline. WOW....some nice overtime playing on both sides!

Gotta take a nap now....I'm EXHAUSTED! loco

Right now....we don't care about repeating (we do...but that isn't the focus) Just get through the season ONE GAME at a time! cool_thu

You ALL have selective vision. Of course that was a blown call, but none of you bring up the FACT that the "so-called" fumble on the punt return (4th quarter) by the buckeyes was NOT a fumble. BOTH of his knees were down BEFORE the ball came loose. SO.... tit for tat. That is football. Also, don't make believe the refs were favoring OSU. They had 14 penalties called on them for 129 yards, including 3 on the final drive by NC State in overtime.

Also, in the Fiesta Bowl, your selective vision negates the double whammy OSU received on their final drive in regulation play. Gamble was OBVIOSLY held on a third down pass play that would have kept the drive alive to end the game. On replay, his shirt was "tented" out as he was held. Also, he still made the catch IN BOUNDS, but yet again a ****ty call was made, calling him out. So loaf... without that call, Miami looses and NO NEED FOR OVERTIME.

SteelBunz

Gotta take a nap now....I'm EXHAUSTED! loco

Right now....we don't care about repeating (we do...but that isn't the focus)  Just get through the season ONE GAME at a time! cool_thu  [/QB]

With the light schedule that "we" have remaining until the Michigan game they should be fine.

However, unless "we" are playing much better Michigan will crush you....sorry I mean crush "we".

Impartial Big 12 fan.

Actually without that interception they probably wouldn't have scored. And the defensive pass interference call that led to a td in overtime would have been catchable if he wasn't knocked down. If you would have seen the replay and watched he was cutting back towards the ball. And don't even start about the blown calls in the champoinship game. There were plenty for both sides. It was just one that extended a game that was in overtime. And that was a terrible call. And it looked like they got more than one call right in overtime. Granted McLendon was down before crossing the goal. But the other calls were right on. But I wouldn't expect nothing but a biased opinion from anyone from Ohio. Like I said earlier they will not repeat as national champions.

there is no way in the world that he could have caught that ball on the interference call. the ball was already in the air the he broke back to get it and actually bumped the ohio state player to do it, so maybe you should watch it once more. yes im from ohio and a buckeye fan but im not biased.

coxxy rules go buckeyes!

Yeah right your not biased. That's a bunch of sh*t. And he was trying to break before the ball was in the air. You might want to look at the replay again. Without the rose colored glasses. The Buckeyes got lucky and thats all it was. Bad play calling for NC State and a lot of luck.

First, all Acc refs did the game in columbus. Second,Did u see the supposed fumbled punt???please both knees down before ball comes out it was not even close and the holding call on Fox. The ball was heading for the band and the receiver cut back to Fox the Ref. which the ball sailed over his head immdeiatly gave the signal that the ball was uncatchable. The Int. was a bad call. I taped the game clearly the ball hit the ground before Mitchell touched it. I watched the play in real time looked like a pick. The replay was in a reverse angle and slowed down. The refs did not have that angle.I believe the "punt fumble" was a make up call witch gave nc state a td. Even was a great game. OSU over 120 yards in penalties.Please Osu was more a victim of bad calls in this one. Osu fans everyone hates the champion. Remember that we need alot of work before Michigan I can admit that.

Well if you had taped. Look at it again, in the reverse angle you can see the back judge standing there looking at the play. So for the ref's not having a good angle that's crap. I can't comment on the fummbled punt since I did not see it. And the interference call that I'm reffering to was catchable. If you look at the replay. I wouldn't expect a Buckeye fan to admit that they had a gane (or two) given to them. It was just luck that they won. NC Stae outplayed Ohio and it came down to a penalty. Just like the National Championship game. To bad they won't repeat. bawling And no I don't hate the champs. I don't even hate the Buckeyes. I just can't stand officals making bad calls that have a direct impact on a game.

Yes, Big Blue will roll in the Big House in Nov., and OSU is slipping a bit in the polls as they should with these shaky wins. BUT they should not slip out of the top 5 unless they get BEAT, as the defending champs should be given some respect.

And this from an unbiased USC fan that is loving my team's climb. Perry is scary-good - UM vs. USC for all the marbles in Jan., anyone?

KevinL:

Do we have to hear should have, would have, could have every week?

Don't worry, it won't be long until they drop one. Then you won't have to hear that stuff anymore. They simply do not look very good right now and my gut tells me it's not gonna get better. Hell, they may lose to Bowling Green.

Michigan might just embarass them this year.

oklahoma beats UNRANKED alabama by 7 they didnt drop in poll?

miami had to come from way behind (lucky) to beat florida and didnt drop in poll?

the bcs sucks all they want is a florida team vs. oklahoma.

if you dont think buckeyes are for real ask any player that returned from miami how they play and hit!

coxxy rules go buckeyes!

teamprimos:

miami had to come from way behind (lucky) to beat florida and didnt drop in poll?

if you dont think buckeyes are for real ask any player that returned from miami how they play and hit!

coxxy rules  go buckeyes!

Do you know anything about football. Alabama is a very good team, and a night game in Tusculussa is a very tough road trip. To win by 7 there on Bamas home turf is a dman good thing. OSU can barely beat San Diego St at home. Did you hear that, SD St. Get a grip, they should have lost to NC State, but they survived another day. This team wont go undefeated.

OS who couldnt score on OU, let alone cover a 30 pt spread. So shut the F*ck up about this Athena team. they aint winning sh*t this yr, and you can mark it in 3 inch headlines.

Sgt. Ryan:

teamprimos:

coxxy rules  go buckeyes!

Do you know anything about football. Alabama is a very good team, and a night game in Tusculussa is a very tough road trip. To win by 7 there on Bamas home turf is a dman good thing. OSU can barely beat San Diego St at home. Did you hear that, SD St. Get a grip, they should have lost to NC State, but they survived another day. This team wont go undefeated.

OS who couldnt score on OU, let alone cover a 30 pt spread. So shut the F*ck up about this Athena team. they aint winning sh*t this yr, and you can mark it in 3 inch headlines.

Boy that's one tough Alabama team Sarge.