[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Booster Money the steroids of College Football

Donutrun Jellies

So, another scandal breaks with a star college football player taking big cash from a booster and the AD, the Coach, the league, the other coaches, etc are all agast that such a thing could happen ... let the hand-wringing begin ...

Do we believe that this is an isolated event which just impacts the Ohio State QB? Or, are 3-5 players at every bigtime multi-million dollar program on the booster dole?

Is the booster money corruption in the top 100 schools as widespread as the steroid use in MLB?

This sort of thing has gone on for the last 20 years . When an athlete at a big time school brings in that kind of revenue for his school, i say PAY HIM!! Even though it is an NCAA violation, i'm certain the NCAA knows what's going on, but i see them turning their heads to alot of these problems or it would bring big time college sports to it's knees.

By the way Bucks 7-0 :D

How does Andy Geiger keep his job as AD at OSU?  Oh I forget, OSU has no integrity!  What a f'n joke and laughing stock the Buckeyes have become.. :D  :D  B)

637808[/snapback]

He turned T.Smith in to the NCAA......what more do you want?

OSU has been investigated by the NCAA all season and they found..................................NOTHING!!! :D

So why in the F' would they fire him? Do you know something that the NCAA doesn't? I DIDN'T THINK SO.

In case you have been under a rock, Geiger, who basically called Maurice Clarett a liar for making allegations of boosters paying players last summer, has now reversed field and said that Claretts statements appear to be true! How dirty does this program have to be before somebody takes control of the situation? Paying players and kids not doing their own school work doesnt sound like nothing to me..

In case you have been under a rock, Geiger, who basically called Maurice Clarett a liar for making allegations of boosters paying players last summer, has now reversed field and said that Claretts statements appear to be true!  How dirty does this program have to be before somebody takes control of the situation?  Paying players and kids not doing their own school work doesnt sound like nothing to me..

637836[/snapback]

I have no idea where you heard such a RUMOR as that, Geiger has not acknowledged anything that Clarett has said to be true.

If Colorado kept its coach and AD ...

If Jimmy Johnson got to stay in Miami ...

Crime, prostitutes, cash payments, cars, grade fixing, etc all seem to be unspoken fair game in big name college football. Each school's fans play "holier than thou" until its their turn to get caught.

Makes me laugh to see the hoops that Div I college softball coaches have to jump through to talk to my daughter who is a junior in high school -- heck, one even worried about who bought her hot cocoa when we dropped by a D-I school for an impromptu visit ... :D

I have no idea where you heard such a RUMOR as that, Geiger has not acknowledged anything that Clarett has said to be true.

637868[/snapback]

They were talking about it on sports radio yesterday, with direct quotes from Geiger..

They were talking about it on sports radio yesterday, with direct quotes from Geiger..

637885[/snapback]

Nothing but more speculation and innuendo. If any of Claretts acusations were true, when Geiger invited the NCAA in to probe the system (which they did) they would have found something (which they didn't).

They NCAA has NO interest at all in messing with OSU or any other big time program in the regards to booster money, for if they did , it would open a can of worms so large that sanctions would over run the NCAA themselves. Seriously, you probably think your program is clean of booster influence and funding ? :D

Nothing will ever come of it B)

Geiger and Tressel are SAFE!! They will lead the Bucks to a few more National titles, 1 coming next year :D

Nothing but more speculation and innuendo.  If any of Claretts acusations were true, when Geiger invited the NCAA in to probe the system (which they did) they would have found something (which they didn't).

They NCAA has NO interest at all in messing with OSU or any other big time program in the regards to booster money, for if they did , it would open a can of worms so large that sanctions would over run the NCAA themselves.  Seriously, you probably think your program is clean of booster influence and funding ?  :D

Nothing will ever come of it  :D

Geiger and Tressel are SAFE!!  They will lead the Bucks to a few more National titles, 1 coming next year  :D

637926[/snapback]

Dude! Your own AD admitted that what Clarett was saying about players, including the QB, getting paid were true. If its just rumors and innuendo, then your Geiger himself is spreading them... B)

Dude!  Your own AD admitted that what Clarett was saying about players, including the QB, getting paid were true.  If its just rumors and innuendo, then your Geiger himself is spreading them... :D

637968[/snapback]

DUDE!!! You are so F'ing mistaken it's not even funny!! He just stated what Troy Smith did, where are you getting your information............SARGE?? :D