[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

VA TECH and their pathetic schedule

flatspin

Next to K State, Va Tech is up there with a pathetic schedule. yes, they seem to be talented but national championship contenders should be forced to play more competitve teams than southerneastmiddlle florida or U Conn. VA TECH YOU ARE PATHETIC AND DON'T DESERVE TO BE IN THE TOP 25 WITH THIS SCHEDULE AND BIG DEAL IF YOU HAVE MIAMI AND PITT. MIAMI PLAYS NON CONFERENCE GAMES AGAINST FLA, FLA ST AND TENN.

College football is all about getting to the National Championship. All of the big names have had their scheduled tough teams and they are not about to let another one in. Don’t hate us because we are the new guys. Enjoy are games cause we play some fun football to watch.

I would love to see ND sign up to play us, but that isn’t going to happen. Thank goodness the ACC let us in. If we were on the outside, we wouldn’t get a game from Miami either. Do you think they just love Blacksburg? They definitely didn’t when we beat them 5 in a row.

Miami's non conference opponents to date:

Louisiana Tech 2-2

Florida 3-2

East Carolina 0-4

Virginia Tech's non conference opponents to date:

Central Florida 1-3

James Madison 2-2

Texas A&M 2-2

UConn 3-2

Based on this, why does Virginia Tech not deserve to be ranked in the top 25? UConn appears to be fairly competitive so far this season.

KevinL:

Miami's non conference opponents to date:

Louisiana Tech 2-2

Florida 3-2

East Carolina 0-4

Virginia Tech's non conference opponents to date:

Central Florida 1-3

James Madison 2-2

Texas A&M 2-2

UConn 3-2

Based on this, why does Virginia Tech not deserve to be ranked in the top 25?  UConn appears to be fairly competitive so far this season.

UConn is actually a pretty good team this year... well, maybe not after losing their star RB Saturday. They're not top 25, but they would give a lot of the top 25 teams a good game. They finished last year off strong, clobbering Iowa State in Iowa by 17 points when they were 17 point underdogs themselves, and they started strong this year. They begin playing in the Big East next year, and you'll see them compete very well. So this wasn't really as much of a "pathetic" game as people might think.

First, I am not a VA Tech hater, they are great at covering the spreads. I am disappointed with them because they have talent and should play tougher competition. They have had this sort of schedule for several years with Miami being their only true game of substance. Now as for comparing the VA tech non conference schedule to Miami's. Florida is heads and tails better than anyone Va Tech has played including A&M. Second, Miami is going to play Fla St. and Tenn, Va Tech who are you going to play??? The objective is to get to the national championship game which lately means you have to go undefeated which is a crock. I would rather have a team with a highly competitive schdedule and one loss than a team who wins the national championship with the schedule BYU played in 84. Va Tech needs to step up to the plate and schedule someone of high substance and quick trying to emulate the K State "lite" non conference schedule. Speaking of K State, they should have fallen out of the top 25.

Well next year you will be happy. I repeat that us not having a good schedule is much more of a function of high quality teams having nothing to win by playing us then it is us avoiding the best of the best.

We will soon finally be in a conference that we can continue playing a couple SEC teams and maybe Pitt and WVU and people can stop complaining.

I just hope we never go back to the Carrier Dome.

VTHokie:

I repeat that us not having a good schedule is much more of a function of high quality teams having nothing to win by playing us then it is us avoiding the best of the best.

TRUE! Same problem K-State has, no one wants to play us. After what we did to Iowa and USC I doubt they come running here anytime soon.

YOU GUYS PEOPLE AREN'T SCAREC TO PLAY VA TECH AND KSTATE. THESE PROGRAMS ARE SCARED TO PLAY TOUGH TEAMS IN NON CONFERENCE GAMES BECAUSE THEY BOTH FEEL THAT THEY ONLY HAVE TO WIN TWO TOUGH GAMES DURING THE YEAR, IF THEY WIN THESE GAMES THEN THEY WILL BE UNDEFEATED AND GO TO THE BCS CHAMPIONSHIP. THAT IS THE BOTTOM LINE FELLAS NO MORE EXCUSES

I cant speak for Va Tach, but KSU plays one of the toughest conference schedules of anyone. They will have to beat Texas, and OU or Texas again just to win the Big 12. Last yr OSU didnt even have to play the real Lil ten champs Iowa who also went undefeated in Lil ten play and they were handed a share of the championship. In the major conferences like the SEC and Big 12, you play for the conference championship. You are handed nothing like Iowa and OSU shared last yr. So go spew your Athena to someone who is a bigger idiot than you, but here in Big 12 country we dont want to hear it

flatspin:

YOU GUYS PEOPLE AREN'T SCAREC TO PLAY VA TECH AND KSTATE. THESE PROGRAMS ARE SCARED TO PLAY TOUGH TEAMS IN NON CONFERENCE GAMES BECAUSE THEY BOTH FEEL THAT THEY ONLY HAVE TO WIN TWO TOUGH GAMES DURING THE YEAR, IF THEY WIN THESE GAMES THEN THEY WILL BE UNDEFEATED AND GO TO THE BCS CHAMPIONSHIP. THAT IS THE BOTTOM LINE FELLAS NO MORE EXCUSES

*** do you call OSU handed a Lil Ten Championship. They didnt even have to beat the co- Lil ten champions Iowa and were still handed half the conference championship. Like i said before in major conferences you have to play for the championship, you are handed nothing. So take this Athena someone where else. Beating the #4 or #5 team in the Pac-Ten and ACC is hardly like playing Nebraska, Texas, OU, KSU and colorado. Teams KSU or OU will have to beat to get to call themseleves Big 12 Champions. So kindly shut the Fucck up.

SGT Ryan, sounds like you were getting ****ed to hard in the ass last night by your military boyfriend. KState isn't ****, wake up. Texas got the **** kicked out of them by Arkansas. Just because you beat UCLA doesn't give you any bragging rights. Now let's talk about Nebraska, hmmm, they are great about playing no one then going to the championship game. The big 12 is good but just because you have a decent conference doesn't mean you play no one in the non conference games. Miami, ND or Michigan play very tough schedules you're big 12 teams don't play crap. Look at the schedule rankings clown.

OK SGT "UP THE ASS" LET'S LOOK AT THIS GREAT KSU SCHEDULE

Aug 23 California Won 42-28

Aug 30 Troy State Won 41-5

Sep 6 McNeese State Won 55-14

Sep 13 Massachusetts Won 38-7

Sep 20 Marshall Lost 20-27

Oct 4 @Texas 3:30pm

Oct 11 @Oklahoma State 12:30pm

Oct 18 Colorado TBA

Oct 25 Kansas TBA

Nov 1 Baylor TBA

Nov 8 @Iowa State TBA

Nov 15 @Nebraska TBA

Nov 22 Missouri TBA

TROY STATE, MASS, MCNEESE STATE - NOW I REALIZE THAT INTELLIGENCE ISN'T YOUR STRENGTH, BUT I DON'T SEE ANY POWERHOUSE THERE. NEXT MARSHALL, OK, GOT YOU ASS KICKED AT HOME. TEXAS, GOT ASS KICKED BY ARKANSAS. OK ST, WHO I LIKE, HASN'T DONE ANYTHING. THE BUFFS JUST LOST TO BAYLOR, KANSAS, IOWA STATE TO I NEED TO WASTE MY TIME. GOOD OLD NEBRASKA, THEY HAD AN IMPRESSIVE WIN AGAINST TROY STATE TODAY, BEAT PENN ST. S. MISS AND WHO ELSE, THEN YOU END UP WITH MISSOURI, AFTER YOU GET DONE OprahING YOUR BOYFRIEND AND THEN HAVE A CHANCE TO PULL YOU HEAD OUT OF YOUR ASS TELL ME HOW YOU CAN JUSTIFY WHAT YOU WROTE TO ME

Yo douchebag, Get rid of the caps, get your tongue off my nuts and get your facts straight.

I didnt say a word about KSUs non conference schedule. I said if KSU was to win the Big 12, they would have to beat, Colorado, Texas, Nebraska and either Texas or OU again in the Big 12 championship game .

You know the game that decides the conference championship of a real conference like the Big 12 or SEC, not some patsy Athena like the lil ten.

KSU lost to texas and wont be Big 12 champs. Im not on the KSU bandwagon as Im a Sooner, I was saying the strength of their schedule was Big 12 play you idiot. As is every team in the Big 12. See in Big 12 country we dont believe in handing conference titles to team that dont deserve them. OSU didnt beat another undefeated conference team in Iowa last yr and got a free pass to the NC game as a result. But it really isnt even important. You stupid ass OSU fans will have your bubble burst soon enough. Even if you dont play at top 10 team all yr, which you wont, unless you win out and back into the title game again, you will get your ass waxed by a Big 12 team in that game. PERIOD.

Now GFY and get back to licking some nuts, Biitch.