[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cal/ T.Tech

theeohiostate

UCLA gets beat by Wyoming.

Cal is getting spanked by Texas Tech, the #4 team in the Big 12 South.

Arz St will lose as well.

Anyone want to change their pick of USC to OU. :D

OU is going to tear USC a new one just like this. Get ready

The Pac-10 is going 0-4 in bowl games, and Cal obviously didnt deserve the Rose Bowl. Looks like the BCS got this one right.

But they did get one wrong, Auburn should be playing OU for the title, USC will prove to be just as undeserving of teh NC game as Cal is proving they didnt deserve the Rose Bowl.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see Tech scoring more than 2 TD's, which won't be near enough to beat Cal.

Tech is suppose to have a "great" offense, but with the showing of Ok. St. ( whom was to have a "great" offense as well) against an average Buckeye defense I don't see them doing much.  Cal has an outstanding front 4 that will pounce all Cumbie on night and you thought Donavan Woods looked confused against the Bucks............wait until you see this one.  :D

636828[/snapback]

Well I guess Tech has a "great" offense.....so when OU held them to 13 was that great as well??????

Cal's D looked confused!! Cumbie looked very well prepared, as most M Leach teams do.....

Cal was in the Top 5 all year beacause of a close LOSS to the #1 team. Who really, has Cal beaten?

637122[/snapback]

I think Sarge has been trying to make that point all year!!!!!!! For that matter who in the hell has USC beat????? Cal?? hell they just lost to the #4 team in the Big 12 south, #21 overall!!!!!

Edited by LiL10(s)ArEaJoKe

I think Sarge has been trying to make that point all year!!!!!!! For that matter who in the hell has USC beat????? Cal?? hell they just lost to the #3 team in the Big 12 south, #21 overall!!!!!

637126[/snapback]

Tech was the #4 team in the Big 12 south. A@M, Texas, and OU all beat them.

Auburn is going to crush Va Tech, and OU is going to crush USC, and everyone is going to be up in arms saying the Pac-10 sucks and USC got a free pass, and was Leinart really the worthy Heisman Trophy winner, and Im going to sit back and laugh as told you I told you so all d@mn year.

What you don't see, is like the Cowboys , this will be Tech's first great D they have faced all season  :D

636855[/snapback]

What you don't see, is like USC, this will be California's first great O they have faced all season. :D

I will admit that I hadnt seen Cal play all year so I was excited about what I thought would be a great game to watch. I had read all the reports about how Cal should have gone undefeated and had an outstanding defense. I had seen the Tech offense play a couple of games and knew how dangerous they can be. But the media had hyped Cal like they were better than Texas and just a notch below OU, USC, and Auburn. Well, I wanted to see what all the buzz was about and settled in for what I thought would be an entertaining game.

Well, the game was entertaining... if you were a Tech fan. TT offense moved the ball up and down the field at will on that vaunted Cal defense. It was a total embarrasment for the Bears. I actually felt sorry for Cal because they had no answers for the Tech offense. Contrary to the media hype, Cal is NOT good and were clearly inferior to Tech in every facet of the game. This is the team that outplayed USC? This is the team that got screwed by the BCS? This is the cream of the crop in the Pac 10? Are you kidding me? I wont ever believe the media hype about a Crack 10 team again. I will admit that they might play some great volleyball out on the west coast, but the talent level in football is just not there...

I was sitting here trying to think where the Cal's of the Pac 10 would finish if they were in the Big 12 or SEC. Unlike some of the posters here I dont think Cal would finish last in either league. I do believe that they could probably handle the Baylors, Vanderbilts, and Kentuckys, of these leagues. But thats about it. The top teams of the Pac 10 would be below average teams in the better conferences. That is how far the Pac 10 has fallen and I dont see it getting any better. Oh, they will have a team ranked high like USC from time to time. But that is because the USC and Cal's of the Pac 10 dont have to play anybody so they roll to an undefeated season as if they had done something. Top to bottom the Pac 10 just doesnt measure up to the other top conferences. And if you watched the Tech/Cal game yestereday, I dont see how you could reach any other conclusion..

All I can say, is the Texas Tech should make a phone call to Mack Brown and thank him for the win.

If Brown wasn't out giving hummers to everyone that wanted it, Cal would have been in the Rose Bowl and wouldn't have left their hearts at home. This game truely proves the motivation and momentum plays a bigger part in college sports than some want to acknowledge. Cal was the much better team and didn't show it at all. They should fire that dumbass coach of theirs for allowing the team to sit in sorrow for weeks instead of practicing and preparing.

All I can say, is the Texas Tech should make a phone call to Mack Brown and thank him for the win.

If Brown wasn't out giving hummers to everyone that wanted it, Cal would have been in the Rose Bowl and wouldn't have left their hearts at home.  This game truely proves the motivation and momentum plays a bigger part in college sports than some want to acknowledge.  Cal was the much better team and didn't show it at all.  They should fire that dumbass coach of theirs for allowing the team to sit in sorrow for weeks instead of practicing and preparing.

637350[/snapback]

They should have used USC's bulletin board material. :D

If Brown wasn't out giving hummers to everyone that wanted it, Cal would have been in the Rose Bowl and wouldn't have left their hearts at home.  This game truely proves the motivation and momentum plays a bigger part in college sports than some want to acknowledge.  Cal was the much better team and didn't show it at all.  They should fire that dumbass coach of theirs for allowing the team to sit in sorrow for weeks instead of practicing and preparing.

637350[/snapback]

:bawling: Give me a break. They got beat by a clearly better team. They were way over rated. I knew the Pac 10 was soft, but even I bought into the hype, and picked Cal over TT. Now after seeing the 4th best team in the Big 12 South beat the 2nd best team in the Pac 10, I feel even better about picking OU over USC for the championship. If after that performance, you think Cal should have been ranked higher than Texas, your definitely smoking something.

637350[/snapback]

Actually, the game is just more evidence that the Pac 10 is a very, very weak conference and cant compete with the big boys. Do you really believe that Cal would fair better in the Rose Bowl against Michigan? Texas Tech wasnt a bad team but were only the 4th or 5th best Big 12 team. And they are CLEARLY, head and shoulders, better than Cal. On the other hand, Michigan was the best team in the Big 10. Why should anyone suppose that Cal would do better in the Rose bowl against a higher rated Wolverine team, based on yesterdays disasterous performance? Your logic is flawed to say the least.

If the game had been close, or if Cal had made numerous turnovers, or if the weather affected the game, or if fluke plays decided the outcome, that would be one thing. But Tech completely dominated the contest from the opening whistle, on both sides of the ball. Tech was faster and stronger. It was clear that Texas Tech is just better than Cal, and if the game were played 10 times, Tech would probably win 9 out of 10. For you to say that Cal is a much better team than Tech tells me 1 of 2 things: either 1. You didnt watch the game or 2. You are a moron. Probably both.

For you to say that Cal is a much better team than Tech tells me 1 of 2 things:  either 1. You didnt watch the game or 2. You are a moron.  Probably both.

637477[/snapback]

With this logic you saying that because OU only beat OK St. by 3 and my Bucks beat 'em by 27 that the Bucks are better? I AGREE :D

It was a poor performance by Cal, that's it. It was as if they didn't dress for the game. I hope OU reads more into this game, then they'll be biatch slapped so fast they won't know what hit them.

With this logic you saying that because OU only beat OK St. by 3 and my Bucks beat 'em by 27 that the Bucks are better?  I AGREE  :D

637507[/snapback]

You have to be the most obtuse f'n dickweed on this board. No, I didnt use that sort of logic at all and can only think you were referring to some other post when you directed your stupidity at me. I will repeat what I said so the lowest common denominator, thats you OSU, can get it this time. By my logic, in a head to head matchup, it was obvious to anyone that is NOT an absolute moron with an agenda, that Texas Tech is better than Cal. I never even mentioned who else had played or the outcomes of other matchups. I simply refuted your assinine arguement that "Cal is much better than Texas Tech". And if you watched the game and you are not the complete ass munch that you appear to be, then you can draw no other conclusion than Tech is better than Cal. Thats it. Not a difficult concept even for a *** like yourself..

You have to be the most obtuse f'n dickweed on this board.  No, I didnt use that sort of logic at all and can only think you were referring to some other post when you directed your stupidity at me.  I will repeat what I said so the lowest common denominator, thats you OSU, can get it this time.  By my logic, in a head to head matchup, it was obvious to anyone that is NOT an absolute moron with an agenda, that Texas Tech is better than Cal.  I never even mentioned who else had played or the outcomes of other matchups.  I simply refuted your assinine arguement that "Cal is much better than Texas Tech".  And if you watched the game and you are not the complete ass munch that you appear to be, then you can draw no other conclusion than Tech is better than Cal.  Thats it.  Not a difficult concept even for a *** like yourself..

637688[/snapback]

:D

One game.......does not a season make my friend. If we assume your logic to be the almighty truth than one could deduce that KSU was a better team than OU last year. Since Tech lost to New Mexico early this season i guess New Mexico is a better team than Tech and Cal :D

This should not be to difficult for any IDIOT to understand, but i guess it is?

Ugly Tuna is a choir boy compared to this peckerhead OS Who. By this idiots logic Cal is a better team but just came out flat and were unmotivated. Well I suppose by this logic we can all now agree Okie St is a better team than Ohio St but Okie St just came out flat and unmotivated having to play a Athenay Ohio St team, when they thought they should be in the Holiday Bowl kicking the snot out of Cal. Okie St lost its last game to Tech, or they would have played Cal and Tech would have whipped OS Who.

Edited by Sgt. Ryan