[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

OHIO STAE HATERS WELCOME!

teamprimos

Finally OSU plays a vaguely COMPELLING foe.

True or not, both the Bucks and Badgers have been slammed for pretty powder-puff looking schedules so far; OSU has managed to win out, and Wisc has beaten them all except for a putrid effort vs UNLV.

But neither has had win that makes people sit up and go "WHOA, these guys are contenders";

Early line is OSU by 3 at Madison, but it looks like Camp Randall may be returning to its previous status as a house of horrors for visitors. Great matchup, actually, because it's going to be decided on strength vs strength - Wisc's top-notch OL and stable of backs vs OSU's stout run defense - football the way it was MEANT to be played (well, except for the astroturf). flag cool_thu

REALLY looking forward to this game; while the Badger's D is nothing to write home about, they hopefully can contain OSU's god-awful offense and let the running game pound them into submission.

they hopefully can contain OSU's god-awful offense and let the running game pound them into submission.

Why is it that people mistake a conservative offense with a bad one. So called "college football experts" often forget that a 1 point win is just as good as 30 point win. I'll be the first to admit that the Bucs offense could stand to score a few more points here and there. But a smart QB and a stiffling defense go a long way. Just ask 2 of the last 3 Super Bowl champions.

That being said, Chavez is correct about one thing. Saturday's matchup with the Badgers should be a heck of game. However, Jim Tressel knows a thing or two about getting his team up for big games (5 college football national championships).

GO BUCKEYES! head_ban

Bender Rodriguez
they hopefully can contain OSU's god-awful offense and let the running game pound them into submission.

Why is it that people mistake a conservative offense with a bad one. So called "college football experts" often forget that a 1 point win is just as good as 30 point win. I'll be the first to admit that the Bucs offense could stand to score a few more points here and there. But a smart QB and a stiffling defense go a long way. Just ask 2 of the last 3 Super Bowl champions.I like to think I DON'T confuse "conservative" with bad - but ranking in the 100s on offense in D-1 is pretty f'n bad. They average less than 300 ypg of offense and are at 3.3 yds per carry.

That ain't conservative, that's comatose. But your point that they score enough points at the right times is dead on.

That being said, Chavez is correct about one thing.  Saturday's matchup with the Badgers should be a heck of game.  However, Jim Tressel knows a thing or two about getting his team up for big games (5 college football national championships).
Well, I think you'd have to admit the Alvarez is no slouch with the big games himself - 3-0 in Rose Bowls, 7-1 overall in Bowl games. Not as sexy as 5 titles, but it'll do.

One thing I DID forget to mention - Tressel can probably out-coach Alvarez on gameday. Alvarez is a hell of a recruiter, and his teams are well-prepared in most cases, but Wisc's coaching staff simply does not adjust well in-game. Probably costs them a win a year.

Oh, and one last thing - this is the FIRST time the Bucks have ventured out of the Horseshoe all year, and they usually have a tough time at Camp Randall.