[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Monsters / theOSU wager

KevinL

THE BET: It is a "Best 3 out of 5" bet from the following items:

1. Oklahoma will beat USC (no point spread needed) in the Orange Bowl

2. Oklahoma State (the real OSU) will beat Ohio State (again no point spread needed) in the Alamo Bowl

3. The Big 12 will win the majority of thier bowl games

4. The Big 10 will lose the majority of their bowl games (if The Big 10 goes 3-3, it is a "push")

5. I will beat you in Coffeeman's pickem' contest

In other words:

1. If OU wins, I win #1.  If USC wins, you win #1.

2. If Oklahoma State wins, I win #2.  If Ohio State wins, you win #2.

3. If The Big 12 teams win a majority of their bowl games, I win #3.  If The Big 12 loses a majority of their bowl games, you win #3.

4. If The Big 10 loses a majority of their bowl games, I win #4.  If The Big 10 wins a majority of their bowl games, you win #4.

5. If I pick more games correctly than you in Coffeeman's pick 'em contest, I win #5.  If you pick more games than me in Coffeeman's pick 'em contest, you win #5.

TIEBREAKER

If for some reason, we go 2-2 in the above categories we will use the Alamo Bowl and the Rose Bowl.  I have Oklahoma State and Texas whereas you have Ohio State and Michigan.  If the combined scores of Oklahoma State and Texas is larger than the combined scores of Ohio State and Michigan, then I win the tiebreaker.  If the combined scores of Ohio State and Michigan is larger than the combined scores of Oklahoma State and Texas, then you win the tiebreaker.

THE WAGER

If YOU lose, YOU may never post on the College Football Forum here at The Huddle ever again.  YOU may not create nor sign in under a different assumed name either and post.  YOU are to never be heard of again on the College Football Forum here at The Huddle.

If I lose, I may never post on the College Football Forum here at The Huddle ever again.  I may not create nor sign in under a different assumed name either and post.  I am to never be heard of again on the College Football Forum here at The Huddle.

Please confirm you are in agreeance with the updated rules.

601647[/snapback]

1) Oklahoma vs USC

2) Oklahoma State vs. Ohio State Ohio State

3) Big 12 wins 4 of 7 3-1

4) Big 10 wins 4 of 6 1-0

5) Pick 'Em Monsters: 6-10, theOSU 4-12

These guys only have 5 different picks left in the contest:

Monsters: Alabama, Texas A&M, LSU, Texas, Oklahoma

theOSU: Minnesota, Tennessee, Iowa, Michigan, USC

theOSU needs USC to win badly, if Oklahoma wins the only way theOSU wins is if Minnesota, Tennessee, Iowa, and Michigan all win. If USC wins there are lots of other combinations for theOSU.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two bigs games for theewhoeverhesrootingfortoday. Purdue and Minnesota both going tonight. The "picture" should be a little clearer after tonight. I probably won't get a chance to watch either game.

Everybody have a safe and prosperous New Year!

Two bigs games for theewhoeverhesrootingfortoday.  Purdue and Minnesota both going tonight.  The "picture" should be a little clearer after tonight.  I probably won't get a chance to watch either game.

Everybody have a safe and prosperous New Year!

637495[/snapback]

Minnesota is underway. Alabama leads 7-0 five minutes into the 1st quarter.

1) Oklahoma vs USC

5) Pick 'Em Monsters:  6-10, theOSU 4-12

Monsters:  Alabama, Texas A&M, LSU, Texas, Oklahoma

theOSU:  Minnesota, Tennessee, Iowa, Michigan, USC

theOSU needs USC to win badly, if Oklahoma wins the only way theOSU wins is if Minnesota, Tennessee, Iowa, and Michigan all win.  If USC wins there are lots of other combinations for theOSU.

637378[/snapback]

USC will win and the Big 10 will go 4-2 :D

Edited by theeohiostate

1) Oklahoma vs USC

3) Big 12 wins 4 of 7 3-1 (3 to play)

4) Big 10 wins 4 of 6 2-1 (3 to play)

5) Pick 'Em Monsters: 7-13, theOSU 6-14

These guys only have 4 different picks left in the contest:

Monsters: Texas A&M, LSU, Texas, Oklahoma

theOSU: Tennessee, Iowa, Michigan, USC

If Iowa, Michigan, & Tennessee all win, theOSU wins as that would put him ahead by 2 in the pick-em and also would guarantee the Big 10 a winning record.

If Iowa & Michigan both lose, Monsters wins as that would guarantee the Big 10 a non-winning record and would put him ahead by at least 2 in the pick-em.

Other combinations are possible that would make this contest depend on the Oklahoma / USC game.

1) Oklahoma vs USC

Monsters:  Alabama, Texas A&M, LSU, Texas, Oklahoma

theOSU:  Minnesota, Tennessee, Iowa, Michigan, USC

theOSU needs USC to win badly, if Oklahoma wins the only way theOSU wins is if Minnesota, Tennessee, Iowa, and Michigan all win.  If USC wins there are lots of other combinations for theOSU.

637378[/snapback]

Big 10 3-2

Big 12 3-2

theeohiostate up 1 pk in the Pick 'Em contest

With a Michigan win..........It's all over Baby :D

Big 10 3-2

Big 12 3-2

theeohiostate up 1 pk in the Pick 'Em contest

With a Michigan win..........It's all over Baby  :D

638642[/snapback]

Michigan lost,

Big 10 3-3

Big 12 4-2 - with 1 game to go

Looks to me like the Big 12 was better than the big 10 regardless of what happens in the Championship game. But Ou will put and exclamtion point on that with a National Championhip.

2 days and counting until you leave the huddle college forum for good. I cant wait

Michigan lost,

Big 10 3-3

Big 12 4-2 - with 1 game to go

Looks to me like the Big 12 was better than the big 10 regardless of what happens in the Championship game. But Ou will put and exclamtion point on that with a National Championhip.

2 days and counting until you leave the huddle college forum for good.  I cant wait

638895[/snapback]

Better than the BIG 10 :D

With wins against Miami,OH and UTEP B)

Those don't even count :D

The Big 10, ONCE again stood tall.

Down to the Championship Game  :D

That's what I always wanted. 

USC 37 OU 17

Then it's bye bye time for Monster's and Sarge  :D

638892[/snapback]

Yeah you wanted Texas to run all over Michigan in teh Rose Bowl. Get a life Cher, you wanted to win this tonight, because you know there is no chance in hell OU loses to USC. The Big 12 like it or not is superior to the Pac-10 and Big 10. Big 12 is already guarnanteed a better record than either of those weak sister conferences. HAHAHAHHAHAHA

Justget the hell out now, save some face.....

Better than the BIG 10  :D

With wins against Miami,OH and UTEP  B)

Those don't even count  :D

The Big 10,  ONCE again stood tall.

638898[/snapback]

Big 10 champ just took it on the chin to the 2nd best team in the Big 12 South.

Big 12 is 4-2 thus far. This debate is over.

2 days and counting until you leave the huddle college forum for good.  I cant wait

638895[/snapback]

When OU loses........Don't let the door hit you in the arse on the way out :D

I got 1K on USC to win, DONE DEAL!!

Not only will i make money.........you'll be gone for a year , along with tag-along :D

Big 10 champ just took it on the chin to the 2nd best team in the Big 12 South. 

Big 12 is 4-2 thus far. This debate is over.

638903[/snapback]

Maybe if Northwestern and Mich St. could have played Miami OH and UTEP we'd have 2 more wins as well. COMPETITION!!

Nervous about your chances in the big game are you? I'd be too after seeing that the Big 12 only held ONE opponent this bowl season under 28 points :D

USC 37 OU 17 :D

Down to the Championship Game  :D

That's what I always wanted. 

USC 37 OU 17

Then it's bye bye time for Monster's and Sarge  :D

638892[/snapback]

Not so dam fast

1) Oklahoma vs USC

5) Pick 'Em Monsters: 6-10, theOSU 4-12

Monster has already won line 3 and 4, you have only won line 2, if he wins line 5, and you win line 1 you are still gone!!!!!!! unless of course you welch again

Big 12 4-2 (1 remaing)

Big 10 3-3 (Done)

SEC 2-3 (1 reaming)

even if OU loses, which they wont, the Big 12 still finishes above .500

so if OU loses you better win the pickem

B):D:DB)

Not so dam fast

1) Oklahoma vs USC

Monster has already won line 3 and 4, you have only won line 2, if he wins line 5, and you win line 1 you are still gone!!!!!!! unless of course you welch again

Big 12 4-2 (1 remaing)

Big 10 3-3 (Done)

SEC 2-3 (1 reaming)

even if OU loses, which they wont, the Big 12 still finishes above .500

so if OU loses you better win the pickem

:D  B)  :D  :D

638917[/snapback]

You should read a little better as the Big 10 went 3-3 thereby giving us a split as per are agreement would be broken by a tie - breaker , which was the most points scored by Texas/ Ok St vs OSU/Michigan.........therefore, I HAVE WON that one :D

The current score is ME......2 points Midway........1 point

We are tied in the Pick 'Em contest, so when OU loses, I WIN 4 point to 1 :yay:

I'm glad you don't review contracts for a living B)

Edited by theeohiostate

You should read a little better as the Big 10 went 3-3 thereby giving us a split as per are agreement would be broken by a tie - breaker , which was the most points scored by Texas/ Ok St  vs  OSU/Michigan.........therefore, I HAVE WON that one  :D

638921[/snapback]

It wont matter, your fate is in the Sooner hands. Your as good as gone. No loophole there, Mr WELCH.

Pack your Bags

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

It wont matter, your fate is in the Sooner hands.  Your as good as gone.  No loophole there, Mr WELCH.

Pack your Bags

638926[/snapback]

My fate rest with USC, idiot as they will control the game from the opening kick off, after watching all these great D's in the Big 12 this bowl season, OU should be able to hold USC down under 50 points :D

I have been reading all of these child-like posts by "OSU" and "Sarge". Can I ask how old the two of you are? I live in Columbus, Ohio and am a die hard Buckeye fan. I also think Oklahoma will beat USC in a close game. The Buckeyes certaintly have had some off field problems over the past few months but don't believe everything you read in the papers or hear on ESPN. I do feel, however, that if Troy Smith took money from a booster, then he should not be a Buckeye next year. A message has to be sent and if Tressel is any kind of a coach, Smith should be gone.

I think the Big 10 and Big 12 are both quality conferences with some great programs. It is time for the two of you to get a life.

I have been reading all of these child-like posts by "OSU" and "Sarge".  Can I ask how old the two of you are?  I live in Columbus, Ohio and am a die hard Buckeye fan.  I also think Oklahoma will beat USC in a close game.  The Buckeyes certaintly have had some off field problems over the past few months but don't believe everything you read in the papers or hear on ESPN.  I do feel, however, that if Troy Smith took money from a booster, then he should not be a Buckeye next year.  A message has to be sent and if Tressel is any kind of a coach, Smith should be gone.

I think the Big 10 and Big 12 are both quality conferences with some great programs.  It is time for the two of you to get a life.

638939[/snapback]

Get a life? :D

Maybe you should get a life, seeing as you have nothing better to do than to follow my comments around this forum like Sarge does :D

To think Monsters was just an extra point away from leaving the forum for good .

I can see him now, down on his knees, praying that Texas makes the field goal to beat Michigan :D

The sad thing is, you have to root for OU to beat USC, now how disappointing that will feel. When at half time you look at the scoreboard and see USC 24 OU 10 and realize you are making your last post :D

Don't worry, i'll have a going away thread for you and Sarge B)

Edited by theeohiostate

1) Oklahoma vs USC

2) Oklahoma State vs. Ohio State Ohio State - tOSU

3) Big 12 wins 4 of 7 4-2 - MoM

4) Big 10 wins 4 of 6 3-3 - MoM

5) Pick 'Em Monsters: 13-14, theOSU 13-14

These guys only have 1 different picks left in the contest:

Monsters: Oklahoma

theOSU: USC

If Oklahoma wins then MoM wins both the Oklahoma/USC point and the pick-em point. If USC wins then tOSU wins both points.

Either way this one is for all the marbles.