[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How do you think MN will do vs Mich next Friday?

Gopher

Minnesota has looked pretty impressive winning two Big 10 road games to start the conference schedule. Today, they were down 14-0 with 9:00 to go in the 2nd quarter, and ended up winning 42-17 with almost 600 total yards. Do you think today's loss by Michigan is good or bad for the Gophers considering the Wolverines come to the Metrodome this Friday for a nationally televised game. Minnesota is 6-0 for the first time in 43 years and I think a win over Michigan next week would put them NEAR the top 10.

Sorry my friend, but our Golden Gophers simply are not in the same class as Michigan. 6-0 means absolutely nothing. yawn The womens' lacrosse team could've went 6-0 against those opponents (at least 5-1). When is Glenn Mason gonna schedule some legit non-conf. games??? Might as well be playing Anoka-Hennepin Tech. sleep

Don't get me wrong, the Gophers are a good team, but that have so very far to go before they could remotely be considered a national contender. The program needs a lot to attract the kind of talent they're gonna need to take them to the next level. They need a decent non-conf. schedule, they need a stadium, and so forth...

I'll be rooting for the gold and maroon on Friday, but I won't be holding my breath.

I think Minnesota is a legit contender for the Big Ten title this year... partly because they've got a solid (albeit sleeper) team.

The other big thing in their favor is a hugely favorable schedule: no OSU, no Purdue, and 3 of 4 conf. road games against second-tier teams (PSU, NW and ILL). Sorry but it doesn't get easier than that.

Playing the Gophers on the road is certainly as stiff a test for Michigan as at Iowa or at Oregon... having said that, I just can't see the Wolverines losing a third straight tough game.

So, I see MN with one loss heading into the final 2 weeks: against my Badgers 11/8 and at Iowa 11/15.

Meanwhile all the other schools will have at least one loss by then too (the Buckeyes get theirs this week, he he), so MN will control their destiny. They'll split those games and finish either in a big tie for first, or 1 game out of first at 6-2.

BTW Bucky will finish 5-3, and 5th-ish.

Guest StatFox.com

The Gophers face their first major test of the season here. Michigan has won 14 straight games in this series. Michigan ranks third in the nation in total defense and has scored at least 27 points in every game this year.

Minnesota is 1-6 ATS (-5.6 Units) off a double digit road win since 1992. I think the Wolverines prove they still have what it takes and win the game outright. Good luck.

wall_bas wall_bas

Michigan 38

Minnesota 35

FINAL

wall_bas wall_bas

How do you lead by 3 TD's at the start of the 4th quarter AT HOME and lose?

That was our shot... embarass

I guess we're just not ready to join the big dogs. I was hoping I was wrong about that. (See post above.) Guess not...

ton_of_b

Shnack Attack

How do you lead by 3 TD's at the start of the 4th quarter AT HOME and lose?

New rule #1 at Minnesota - don't ask Jon Gruden for game-planning tips. wink

I don't know what to say... we had the fricking game in hand and gave it away. My three biggest fears about the Gophers came true in the fourth quarter last night:

1) Our pass defense has been suspect all year and it was just a matter of time before somebody with a decent QB exploited it. I'm surprised that Michigan stuck with their halfback screens as long as they did. After about 30 of them with little success, I thought they would change their scheme, but they stuck with the same plan of attack, for the most part.

2) Minnesota's rushing offense has been so dominant that they really haven't had to rely on their passing game at all. When it mattered, it became quite apparent that they have no passing game.

3) This is not the first time that Glen Mason's play-calling/time-management has cost us a big win. Why you would choose to get the ball back with :50 left and a timeout instead of 1:40 and no timeouts is beyond my comprehension! It's college football! You stop the clock every time you get a first down. Take the f-cking timeout and save yourself some valuable time. Unbelievable!!

Oh well, it's not like we have only had the Lil brown jug twice in the last 30 years. I guess there's next year. Gophers still have a good shot at going 6-2 in the Big 10, which would put them in a pretty good bowl game.