[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

OU vs. TEXAS?

teamprimos

Who knows. As usual this will be one of the premiere games in college this year. I love the NFL and all, but great rivalries who are both playing good football and are highly ranked, make such an entertaining game to watch, even for the rest of us who aren't rooting for either team.

If I had to pick a winner of hand it would be OU. As usual Stoops has them playing great ball. But when you talk about heated rivalries, nobody has a clear advantage.

'Canes 2003:

Who knows. As usual this will be one of the premiere games in college this year. I love the NFL and all, but great rivalries who are both playing good football and are highly ranked, make such an entertaining game to watch, even for the rest of us who aren't rooting for either team.

If I had to pick a winner of hand it would be OU. As usual Stoops has them playing great ball. But when you talk about heated rivalries, nobody has a clear advantage.

They ought to be playing "good ball", they are playing a bunch of chumps. No TD's against Iowa State until 4 min left in the 2nd quarter? Give me a break. The Sooners are the most overrated team in college football. They only have 1 ranked team on their entire sked, and that is texas who we know sucks.

As a UT graduate and longtime season ticket holder, honestly, I will be surprised if Texas pulls the upset. Stoops is a great game day coach, with excellent assistant coaches, while Brown seems to falter with his decisions during the heat of battle. Plus, our OC calls a very predictable game.

With all that said, the Texas-OU game has NEVER been an easy pick. I hope for a very good game, with no injuries on either side, and who knows, with the emergence of Vince Young as a solid qb, Texas could pull the upset.

Also, factor in that OU really has played NO ONE impressive. We will see on Saturday.

head_ban

davidmca98:

As a UT graduate and longtime season ticket holder, honestly, I will be surprised if Texas pulls the upset. Stoops is a great game day coach, with excellent assistant coaches, while Brown seems to falter with his decisions during the heat of battle. Plus, our OC calls a very predictable game.

With all that said, the Texas-OU game has NEVER been an easy pick. I hope for a very good game, with no injuries on either side, and who knows, with the emergence of Vince Young as a solid qb, Texas could pull the upset.

Also, factor in that OU really has played NO ONE impressive. We will see on Saturday.

head_ban  

I agree with david. I did not graduate from UT but my Dad is a long time season ticket holder and I go to 2 or 3 games every year and watch almost every game on TV that Im not at. Stoops = great gameday coach . Brown = great recruiter. I think OU will win by over 2 TDs but Ill still be glued to the set hoping for the upset.

Fan of neither school and this will be the first year that I won't be at the game in 3 years. :D . Guess that's probably how you define a great rivalry, people with no affiliations love to attend. Should be another good game but I'm guesing ou wins.

clubfoot, you are right. Texas/OU is a fun game to watch, even if you have no affiliation with either team...although, the last 3 years it has been more fun for OU fans. It is simply one of those rivalries that you can throw records, rankings, and favorites out the window. Many times the team that should win, has not. With that said, I still feel that my 'Horns are a year, and a coaching change at OC, away from winning the game. Don't get me wrong, I want to win and will be at the game, cheering for the Longhorns, but I just have a feeling that OU will win this one.

URLACHER, I can only hope the Stoops boys feel the same way as you and most of your sooner brethren. IF the Sooners go in over-confident, there is a chance you will not leave undefeated. As I stated, I don't think that will happen, but don't discount Texas, we have some great players.

davidmca98

IF the Sooners go in over-confident, there is a chance you will not leave undefeated. As I stated, I don't think that will happen, but don't discount Texas, we have some great players. [/QB]

How pleasant to hear from a real Texas fan that is intelligent enough to be hopeful and realistic at the same time. Most of those idiots just get about an inch from your face and start screaming about how the 'horns are going to kick your ass. On Sunday, they conveniently forget they felt that way. Davidmca98, you have partially restored my faith in your fan base. Your welcome at my national championship party any time. REDFISH

Yes, this game will rock - I don't see a blowout by either team. OU should have the upperhand, but it's too big a rivalry to count the 'Horns out.

A tie would be interesting, as it might make the BCS computers burn up trying to calculate that strength of schedule crap - and that would be GOOD for everybody!

Red-glad that I could restore some faith. I have observed fans from UT and from our rivals act as you described. Quite honestly, I don't understand that type of behavior. Don't get me wrong, I love UT and UT athletics. I have been a season ticket holder in football for many years, and I will be in the cotton bowl, screaming my lungs out for my 'horns, but I leave it there. I had a high school coach that taught me to win with class and lose with class. Really wish everyone could adopt those ideals.

Coffee-LOL-you are right, we need to do something to the BCS computers !!!

DAVIDMCA...

I agree with Redfish. It is really nice to see a UT fan that backs up his/her team but, is (at the same time) realistic. It shall be a good game. The Sooners (as a team) haven't really had to "play" the Longhorns for the last 3 years. Q has singlehandedly beaten them. With no Q, it will be interesting.

its already madness here in denton... not far from where the game is... the highway is packed with traffic and all of the OU fans are doing the longhorn sign down... everyone is yelling back in forth in traffic... its awesome.i talked to these crazy OU fans who thought I was great because I played high school football with dusty dvorcheck....