[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Vince Young: Next Vick or Antwan Randle El?

Donutrun Jellies

So which will Vince Young be more like in the NFL: Michael Vick or Antwan Randle El? My vote says A-RE, as I don't see him becoming refined enough at QB in the Texas offense for him to enter the NFL as a QB ... I think Texas will take advantage of his existing skills rather than really work on developing his potential. As an A-RE, I think VY has some nice potential in the NFL if he lands in the right offense.

I think it's still to soon to tell, but I would have to disagree and say Vick. He's mobile and has a cannon for an arm, all he really needs to work on is reading coverages and his throwing in the short game.

Of course, I haven't watched him play all that much so my opinion may not be that insightful.

all he really needs to work on is reading coverages and...

639922[/snapback]

The only problem with this remark is that reading coverages is the hardest part about playing QB. There is no doubt whatsoever that he has the tools to play something in the NFL. We'll have at least one more year to watch and find out.

He'll be a QB. The only reason that I say that is because of the lack of quality QB's in the NFL. I don't think that he will ever be a great one, but he will end up being a starter. He needs to work on his passes underneath, but can throw the long ball and the out with the best of them. A lot of people question his ability to read the defense and to pass due to the amount of running he does. This is due in part to the fact that the Texas WR's are horrible this year. Last year when he had Roy Williams, he put up some pretty impressive passing performances, with the exception of the the OU game and the Holiday Bowl. He will be another Michael Vick. A QB that is fun to watch, who will constantly be over-rated, but in the end will only be average.

He's like many other great talents: He lacks the tools to fully succeed. He couldn't hit the side of a barn with his passes and recieves absolutely no coaching to make him any better. He's a carbon copy of himself last year and it will always be that way under the "guidance" of Lack Crown. What a waste.

He really is exciting to watch...but I have to question his throwing abilities.  I dont think he as the arm that Vick has...  :D

641166[/snapback]

He probably has a better arm than Vick. He throws the deep ball as well as anyone I've ever watched. Unfortunately, he doesn't throw the intermediate routes very well.

He's like many other great talents:  He lacks the tools to fully succeed.  He couldn't hit the side of a barn with his passes and recieves absolutely no coaching to make him any better.  He's a carbon copy of himself last year and it will always be that way under the "guidance" of Lack Crown.  What a waste.

641277[/snapback]

He has gotten a little bit more accurate this year. He has two huge problems, a lack of good receivers, and poor coaching. I agree with everything you said about Mack.

Give me a break,  Vick has the strongest arm in the NFL and your trying to say this guys is better  :D

If this kid couldn't run, he'd be playing basketball or chess.

641310[/snapback]

His arm is huge. Last year when he had Roy Williams and Sloan Thomas stretching the field it showed. This year he had crap for receivers, and it wasn't nearly as evident. Your statement above just proves that while you may be good at looking up stats, you are not real familiar with the Big 12, or at least Texas.

His arm is huge.  Last year when he had Roy Williams and Sloan Thomas stretching the field it showed.  This year he had crap for receivers, and it wasn't nearly as evident.  Your statement above just proves that while you may be good at looking up stats, you are not real familiar with the Big 12, or at least Texas.

641315[/snapback]

So you stand behind one of those most rediculous statements i've heard in awhile?

Youngs has a better arm than Vick?

You are blinded by you Homerism, if that is truely the case. This kid won't even end as an NFL back up, he is twice as raw as Leftwich was when he came to Marshall, but was groomed very well. And yes Leftwich has better arm strength than Young as well.

Edited by theeohiostate

So you stand behind one of those most rediculous statements i've heard in awhile?

Youngs has a better arm than Vick?

You are blinded by you Homerism, if that is truely the case.  This kid won't even end as an NFL back up, he is twice as raw as Leftwich was when he came to Marshall, but was groomed very well. And yes Leftwich has better arm strength than Young as well.

641318[/snapback]

Did you watch him in any of the games played last year with the exception of the OU game and the Holiday Bowl? If not, stop talking about something you do not know about. The kid has as much raw talent as anyone has in a long time. If he gets hooked up with a good coach, and given time to mature, he could be something special. I doubt that will happen, because of the win now mentality of the NFL, but if given some time and coaching he could be great. If not, he will be one of the biggest wastes in NFL history.

His arm is huge.  Last year when he had Roy Williams and Sloan Thomas stretching the field it showed.  This year he had crap for receivers, and it wasn't nearly as evident.  Your statement above just proves that while you may be good at looking up stats, you are not real familiar with the Big 12, or at least Texas.

641315[/snapback]

This kids arm is bigger than Vick, but he doesnt have any touch in the short passing game. Vs North Texas he threw a ball close to 65 yds and it looked effortless, like he had 10-15 more if he wanted to. Young throws a 15 yd pass like you or me throw a dart. Arm Strength will never be his problem, learning to read defenses and the short to intermediate game will be his only drawback.

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

Did you watch him in any of the games played last year with the exception of the OU game and the Holiday Bowl?  If not, stop talking about something you do not know about.  The kid has as much raw talent as anyone has in a long time.  If he gets hooked up with a good coach, and given time to mature, he could be something special.  I doubt that will happen, because of the win now mentality of the NFL, but if given some time and coaching he could be great.  If not, he will be one of the biggest wastes in NFL history.

641330[/snapback]

He looks like a bigger, faster version of Michael Bishop. And about the same in passing ability as well.

Did you watch him in any of the games played last year with the exception of the OU game and the Holiday Bowl?  If not, stop talking about something you do not know about.  The kid has as much raw talent as anyone has in a long time.  If he gets hooked up with a good coach, and given time to mature, he could be something special.  I doubt that will happen, because of the win now mentality of the NFL, but if given some time and coaching he could be great.  If not, he will be one of the biggest wastes in NFL history.

641330[/snapback]

I am simply saying he's no Vick and never will be and if you Homerism has blinded you that your own problem. To make a statement like you did and say this guys has a better arm than Vick who has the best arm in the NFL is just plain STUPID and i'm sure you couldn't get a second opinon to back up that bold and rediculous statement.

He looks like a bigger, faster version of Michael Bishop. And about the same in passing ability as well.

641334[/snapback]

That's exactly who i was trying to think of!! Where's Bishop now, i saw him in pre season last year..........i think he's done?

That's exactly who i was trying to think of!!  Where's Bishop now, i saw him in pre season last year..........i think he's done?

641336[/snapback]

He was with the Pats as Bledsoe's backup before moving to NFL Europe for a little bit. I think he's pretty much done as he never really learnt the passing game. College is probably the best place to lay that foundation.

641334[/snapback]

There is no one in the NFL that compares to Young right now. He has the strongest arm Ive ever seen, Vick included. He is as fast as any QB or RB Ive seen outside of Vick, and he is hard to bring down. But just like Vick, there was no one in the NFL like him either before he got there. Same will be said of Young. Young will be a 1st round pick in the NFL, and some team will build their team around him like Atl did Vick. When Vick came out of college it was teh same thing, he cant throw, he isnt accurate, hes just a glorified RB. Young is the same thing. I think Young could play WR, and be a stud one day. But QB is too hard to come by with his talents.

OSU, before lableing me a blind homer, answer me this, did you watch him play in any games last year besides the OU game and the Holiday Bowl? Ask someone who follows the Big 12. The kid has a huge arm. I qualified my statement comparing him to Vick with probably. If his arm isn't as strong as Vick's it is pretty darn close.

He was with the Pats as Bledsoe's backup before moving to NFL Europe for a little bit. I think he's pretty much done as he never really learnt the passing game. College is probably the best place to lay that foundation.

641339[/snapback]

Yes! We see these types of athletes like Young come and go in the NFL, a few make a roster and that's it, some like Vick and McNabb turn out to be solid, but those are only 2 of hundreds in their molds. Young would do well to hold a clip board.

OSU, before lableing me a blind homer, answer me this, did you watch him play in any games last year besides the OU game and the Holiday Bowl?  Ask someone who follows the Big 12.  The kid has a huge arm.  I qualified my statement comparing him to Vick with probably.  If his arm isn't as strong as Vick's it is pretty darn close.

641343[/snapback]

Vick cant sling it like Young can. I dont care what anyone says, Ive seen it about a dozen times. He has a arm like no one Ive ever seen, Vick included. But that kind of arm strength is worthless if he cant hit a Wr to save his life.

And Vick is the only athlete in the NFL that can be compared to Young right now. To say he will not make it in the NFL at some position is rediculous.

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

OSU, before lableing me a blind homer, answer me this, did you watch him play in any games last year besides the OU game and the Holiday Bowl?  Ask someone who follows the Big 12.  The kid has a huge arm.  I qualified my statement comparing him to Vick with probably.  If his arm isn't as strong as Vick's it is pretty darn close.

641343[/snapback]

I saw him play once, but i was more interested in Williams. From the things i've heard of his play from last year at least is Williams just simply made him look good, as he's done for Harrington at times this year. As Moss does for C-Pep, throw it up in the air and pray someone on your team comes down with it :D .

He could prove me wrong, we'll see.

Vick cant sling it like Young can. I dont care what anyone says, Ive seen it about a dozen times. He has a arm like no one Ive ever seen, Vick included. But that kind of arm strength is worthless if he cant hit a Wr to save his life.

And Vick is the only athlete in the NFL that can be compared to Young right now. To say he will not make it in the NFL at some position is rediculous.

641347[/snapback]

I agree. His accuracy appears to be getting better, but with his recievers this year it has hardly been noticable. If he spends some time with a good QB coach in the NFL, he could be something very special. If he just gets thrown in there, he is going to have some very major growing pains that he may not survive.

I saw him play once, but i was more interested in Williams.  From the things i've heard of his play from last year at least is Williams just simply made him look good, as he's done for Harrington at times this year.  As Moss does for C-Pep, throw it up in the air and pray someone on your team comes down with it  :D .

He could prove me wrong, we'll see.

641350[/snapback]

So you admit to only having watched him once last year, and not paying much attention to him, but the guy he was throwing the ball too. You are going off of what you have heard..... talking out of you ass as usual. There is nothing wrong with admitting you don't know what you are talking about, or refraining from posting in a thread where you are not knowledgable about the subject, but in your usual fasion, if it has to do with anyone in the Big 12, your going to disrespect them regardless of what you know about them. Kiper says he will be the first QB taken if he comes out after his Junior year. Boy this board will be a lot less full of crap, and a lot more useful after tomorrow night when you are gone. I'm happy to be in a bet that even if I win, I don't receive anything, just to have you gone, so that we can have some decent posts around here. I know Sarge has his moments, but you just keep fueling him and are 10 time worse than he has ever been.

:D  :D  B)

Why doesn't this surprise me, you looking out for a Texas kid?

641355[/snapback]

Lets just say the kid single handedly beat Michigan. I dont have to look out for him, I wish he was entering the draft this yr. OU stuffed him this yr, but its only a matter of time before he is able to do to the Sooner what he did to Michigan.