[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who wins the National Championship

Sgt. Ryan

2005 Orange Bowl Winner  

36 members have voted

1. 1. 2005 Orange Bowl Winner

• OU
    • USC

With THREE undefeated teams in the country NO team will be the true national champion

641579[/snapback]

good point

i think if usc beat ou really good that will serve as a true national champion though

With THREE undefeated teams in the country NO team will be the true national champion

641579[/snapback]

Auburn played a good game on defense against a lesser opponent. I'm not trying to dis Auburn, they are very good, and deserving of the number 2 or number 3 spot, depending on the outcome of tonights game. If tonights game ends up being a blow out, then Auburn probably is the second best team in the country. It tonights game is very close, then Auburn is probably the 3rd best team in the country. Regardless of the outcome of tonight's game, based upon the Auburns performance against a much lesser opponent last night, the winner of tonights game is the true national champion in my mind. 2nd and 3rd place can be argued, but they really don't matter.

responding to the above post by perchoutofwater:

by saying they are deserving of #3 spot would be considered a dis in my book and i'm sure in theirs as well, auburn, utah and the winner of todays game all have the right to be called #1. so yes , you are dissing them, at least that is what i think.

641579[/snapback]

I agree with this idea Grits.......but here's the funny thing.

When USC wins, Sarge and the other OU homers will be saying that Auburn and Utah deserve a share of the title. If OU were to somehow pull this game out (very unlikely) they would all be saying that OU is the true champion :D

How do i know this with certaintly, last year Sarge flip flopped and said the winner of the OU/LSU game should be the undisputed champion then afterwards said that USC deserved it as will :D

I don't care what teams are playing, if any go undefeated they have a stake as a national champion IMO.

Some people agree but only when it benefits them.

I'm not an OU homer, but I have made it pretty clear that I think, and hope that OU wins. That being said, regardless of the outcome of tonights game, the winner should be considered #1, everyone else can argue about who #2 is.

EXCUSE FOR WHAT Cher. 

Texas just whipped yoru champ

Tech just manhandled Cal

OU is on the verge of anotehr National Title.

What do I need to make excuses about, My team in undefeated and about to be your National Champion

641083[/snapback]

Just curious, but how does winning by 1 point qualify as "whipping" someone?

Texas did not whip Michigan, they simply won the game, by a lot smaller margin than I expected them to. Where the heck was Cedric Benson on offense, and the Derrick Johnson on Defense. The Horns played poorly, now I am not saying that as an excuse, because it very well could be that it was Michigan that made them play that well. Anyone that says that Texas whipped Michigan is almost as big of an idiot as theeohiostate, or as I like to call him thesoontobeleaving.

It doesn't matter how Auburn looked in their victory ... not all of OU's victories have been pretty either ... I'm sure the same can be said of USC. What matters is nobody in the country has defeated them.

Until there is a playoff system where there is a clear and definite last team standing there will never be a true champion.

I say it again ... the most popular team is crowned the national champion much like beauty pagent ... the prettiest team is awarded the crown.