[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Norm Chow to the NFL?

Guest Sores

I have posted this before, so I am not a bandwagon jumper...

Why has Norm Chow not had a shot in the NFL. When you look at all the crappy offenses and mediocre QB's out there, why would some NFL team not have put together an offer to entice this guy into a pro job?

Look what he did with decent AND marginal QB's at BYU (Steve Young, Jim McMahon, Marc Wilson, Gifford Nielsen, Ty Detmer and Robbie Bosco)....

The only head coaching job he has ever had was as a High School head coach for 3 years prior to going to BYU in 1973.

I read somewhere (no reference) that he prefers the college scene to the pros. If that's the case, the only reason I can see that he's not a head coach already is that he likes being an OC.

• 4 weeks later...
Chow has also said he would like to go to the Titans as the OC. Looks very favorable.

683882[/snapback]

Interesting that he views an OC position in the NFL as a way to become a head coach at the college level. You'd think some college would take a flyer on him as a head coach without the NFL OC step!