[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Where will OU finish up next year?

Perchoutofwater

I can see OU finishing 3rd in the Big 12 South next year. Next year they will be without White and Clayton of offense, and will be loosing some of their best defensive players as well. I wouldn't be suprised to see A&M win the Big 12, as they appear to be back on their way. I can see A&M, TT and Texas beating OU next year. I doubt all three will, but woulnt' be suprised if two of the three did. I only hope that Texas beats them.

Texas IMO gets close to USC type talent. Arguably the most loaded state in terms of high-school potential. Top of the line blue-chippers flock to Austin like nowhere else other than maybe USC. With a real coach, they should own the Big-12.

643788[/snapback]

Unfortunately we will not have a real coach until 2015, when Mack's new contract expires.

Texas IMO gets close to USC type talent. Arguably the most loaded state in terms of high-school potential. Top of the line blue-chippers flock to Austin like nowhere else other than maybe USC. With a real coach, they should own the Big-12.

643788[/snapback]

Top of the line blue chippers? Why then does Oklahoma have 52 players on their roster from Texas, and why did the #1 recruit last year, Adrian Peterson choose Oklahoma over Texas? :D

I agree, if there was a year to make a run at the championship for OU, this was the year. They are going to be losing alot of starters next year. Seeing them drop to the bottom half of the big 12 is highly unlikely however. The big 12 south is definately the better half of the big 12 and should be a pretty good season next year for the big 12 south.

Top of the line blue chippers?  Why then does Oklahoma have 52 players on their roster from Texas, and why did the #1 recruit last year, Adrian Peterson choose Oklahoma over Texas?  :D

I agree, if there was a year to make a run at the championship for OU, this was the year.  They are going to be losing alot of starters next year.  Seeing them drop to the bottom half of the big 12 is highly unlikely however.  The big 12 south is definately the better half of the big 12 and should be a pretty good season next year for the big 12 south.

643849[/snapback]

The reason that Peterson went to OU was two fold, 1. OU is better coached and has had Texas' number the last five years. 2. Peterson knew he would be a starter this year at OU, but that he would be riding the pine behind Cedric Benson at Texas until next year. Had Benson declared last year, Peterson probably would have gone to Texas.

Mack Brown is won of the worst game day coaches in college football, but he is also one of the best recruiters, if not the best. Texas has consistently ranked in the top 5 for recruiting class by every organization that ranks them.

Mack Brown should be a great recruiter because of where he is recruiting kids to go play. Austin is a great town that worships it's players. I would classify Brown as the best recruiter in college ball if he could go to Texas Tech and recruit the same players he gets at Texas to go to Lubbock. My guess is, there would be no way.

I Give the man some credit, but dont label him as a recruiting genius.