[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

As if there was any doubt

Sgt. Ryan

Thought he was talking about the Buckeyes getting another quality win on the road...feels just like last year...just get by each game w/ a win...let the others lose...win the big game versus Michigan & then wait till January to beat another team that on paper U say should kill the Buckeyes...but play it...WIN IT...& chalk up another National Title...BACK TO BACK RYAN...

Ha!

HD Man:

Thought he was talking about the Buckeyes getting another quality win on the road...feels just like last year...just get by each game w/ a win...let the others lose...win the big game versus Michigan & then wait till January to beat another team that on paper U say should kill the Buckeyes...but play it...WIN IT...& chalk up another National Title...BACK TO BACK RYAN...

Ha!

Beating a 2-7 team on the road is a quality win. LMAO, your SOS will go down after this quality win.

Ive changed my mind about something. Im now rooting for the Luckeyes until the bowl game. I pray this team ends up #2 in the BCS. The line would be OU -24.5 and they'd cover that in the first half.

Go Sooners

Go Luckeyes

Lets have the thrash of the centruy in the Sugar.

Sgt. Ryan:

HD Man:

Ha!

Beating a 2-7 team on the road is a quality win. LMAO, your SOS will go down after this quality win.

Ive changed my mind about something. Im now rooting for the Luckeyes until the bowl game. I pray this team ends up #2 in the BCS. The line would be OU -24.5 and they'd cover that in the first half.

Go Sooners

Go Luckeyes

Lets have the thrash of the centruy in the Sugar.

I hope so to.....Hurricanes said the same thing last year & they had all those 1st & 2nd round NFL draft picks playing for them...And we all know what happened...

Sooners are good this year...BUT I'm not sure their as good as what people thought Miami was last year...will the Sooners even have a 1st round pick this year?? Tell us Ryan...

Or is there just more parity than usual...so the most dominant team ON PAPER so far (Sooners) are just smoke and mirrors...

I'll take any points the oddsmakers and you bozo's from Sooner land think they'll win by...but the game is played for a reason...again, ask the Mighty Canes of 2002... coach

OhioSU always finds a way to win. Don't know how, but they always do. Nice win today ryan. I guess I can't call them the oklahomos anymore... I thought oklahoma su was going to somke them.

Oh well.

If the sooners don't win the national championship, it will be funny, but a crime. They really are that good. Course,thats what everyone was saying about the hurricanes last year. OSU found a way!

Thats why they play the game.

Dont give me this paper ****. OU had beaten 2 teams ranked in the top 15 by 52 and 43 pts respectively. So take your paper Athena and shove it up your ass. OU is doing it on the field. Not skating by 2-7 teams by 1 pt and calling that a quality win. Do you realize just how stupid you look for saying Athena like that.

keep it coming.

Like a wise man once said, and this definately applies to ****ers like you.

"Its better to have people think you are stupid than open your mouth and leave no doubt."

And finally, keep living in the past. Last yr was magical for OSU fans, but this yr you've already been biatch slapped by a 3 loss team and have skated by several unranked teams. OSU today isnt even close to the team it was a yr ago. The D is not near as good, the running game is very avg. the OL flat out sux, and the Qb has proved to be flat out terrible most of the game.

As usual Private Ryan, your bark is always bigger than your bite...your such a cry baby...

You double talk, distort facts, curse and swear at all...blah, blah, blah...until the Sooners actually win the National Title you covet so much & that you don't currently have (now is that living in the past, present or future???), PAPER is all U have...when you read your Dallas Morning News, USA Today, See Spot Run...or watch the boob tube...the Sooners ranking is nothing but hype & opinion...the games will be played and the true winner & champ will be crowned...we will see very soon...

Since your so full of yourself & can't quit stroking yourself (literally)...why don't you give yourself a promotion...Corporal, Captain, General...or do you like pumping those puppies in boot camp??? Steers & Queers in Oklahoma...and ole' Ryan has no horns... jester

BTW, does the beating the Sooners put on those so called ranked Big 12 teams indicate more a reflection of how poor the conference is...YES I say...same crap the Miami people kept spouting that OSU didn't beat anyone by enough points...

Let's just see if the Sooners can survive the last few weeks & playoffs...

We're not going anywhere Ryan...so keep the faith...keep the rant up (that's a given)...and try a little less cursing & swearing...you sound like a typical Red Neck who just received his GED doah

Kansas State 2000:

It's not that Oklahoma is like last years Miami team, it's the fact that Ohio State is not near as good as last years team. Ohio State has zero shot at getting to the national championship game this year. Oklahoma, Miami, USC, and Florida State are the only teams with a shot left.

Hey bonehead...U watching ESPN...better scratch one off the list...If OSU finds a QB, RB, & a D that resembles last years...just maybe...just maybe...though by winning out (which isn't that far fetched), they certainly can be in the same position they were in last year...Championship game w/ the majority of the country giving them no chance...We'll take it!

Just a note about SOS.

Penn State is just 2-7, but the 7 teams they lost to have a record of 48-23. So Ohio State's 2nd level opponents from the Penn State game are a total of 52-29. Don't expect the SOS to take a huge hit from this game, I would guess not more than 7 or 8 spots.

And OSU's final 3 opponents are 7-2, 7-2, 8-2. If Ohio State does not make the BCS Championship game, it will be because they lose one of their last 3 (quite possible) not be because of SOS.

KevinL:

Just a note about SOS.

And OSU's final 3 opponents are 7-2, 7-2, 8-2.  If Ohio State does not make the BCS Championship game, it will be because they lose one of their last 3 (quite possible) not be because of SOS.

Or because USC and OU are both ranked ahead of them in the BCS.

Ohio St wont even be #4 and thats with 2 teams ahead of them losing. How many more loses would have to happen for a 1 loss OSU to get to #2. Not enough.

Sorry to disappoint you Sarge, but if they both win out USC will not be ranked ahead of OSU in the final BCS. Let's look at the components.

Poll Rank: USC 3, OSU 7.5

OSU stands to move up 3 spots, USC will only move up 1 spot, that's a 2 point gain by OSU

Computer Average: OSU 3.5, USC 5.67.

USC was behind Georgia in most computer polls. Both teams were ahead of Washington State. Score a 1 point gain for USC.

SOS: USC 35th, OSU 15th. 0.80 pt difference. USC could possibly make up the entire difference here. But Ohio State's final 3 opponents (MSU, Purdue, Michigan) will put OSU back ahead by 30 spots or more.

Losses: 1 each, no change

Quality Win potential: Ohio State might get a small bonus here if Michigan stays in the BCS top 10. USC has nobody on their schedule who looks to end up in the BCS top 10.

Week 2 standings have USC at 11.07, OSU at 12.60. Ohio State will gain 1 point this week based on polls & computer rankings. USC's temporary SOS bump will keep them ahead of OSU by about a point, but the SOS for the last 3 games and the Michigan quality win will swing the BCS in favor of the Buckeyes.

Florida State, on the other hand, will get the #2 spot unless they lose. I guess I'll be a Wolfpack fan on the 15th and a Gator fan on November 29!

I usually stay out of these pissing contests between the Oklahoma and Ohio State folks, but let's face it here...Ohio State is a mere reflection of themselves last year. Anyone who thinks differently is way too subjective. It's not that they don't have a right to feel that way, but it's a simple fact. Ohio State would get waxed by Oklahoma THIS year.

Unfortunately, they won't get a chance to play.

Michigan will beat Ohio State this year, and the Sugar Bowl will be Oklahoma and USC...and IF the Trojans stub their toes, it looks like Florida State will be next in line.

Florida State would get killed by the Sooners, but USC would give them a better game.

USC and Miami are the only team I think will give the Sooners a good game. And as much as Id love to see OU embarass OSU, I just dont see it happening. Im not being a d*ck, but I see Mighigan and possibly Mich St both beating OSU. I wish it wasnt the case. But fear OU/USC will be the sugar. and if that doesnt happen, Miami could get right back to #2 if they win out.

Quality win pts are only given to teams ranked in the top 10 currently.

If OSU did beat Michigan, there is no way Michigan with 3 loses could ever get back in the top 10 of the BCS poll. so OSU has no shot at a quality win. Wash St on the other hand could get back there with some key loses and give USC pts for quality win

But the kicker is Miami they will get quality win pts for beating FSU that could keep them ahead of FSU in the BCS and certainly ahead of OSU before its all said and done.

People keep forgetting the margin of victory - officially it doesn't matter, but it OBVIOUSLY helps USC in the big 2 polls. If they keep winning big each week and stay #2 in the AP and Coaches polls, why wouldn't they get in vs. OU?

Besides, does everyone who does not have a vote in those 2 polls honestly believe they know what makes a better team than those two bodies of experts? Who on here played, coached or wrote on Div. 1 football for years? Not me, but I'm not the one arguing with the picks. Do you really think computers and SOS numbers crap means more than what these experts see from years of experience? If yes, let me guess - you think its all politics, and you probably believe in the big conspiracy theories too - like we didn't actually land on the moon, etc.

We all seem to have a lot of time on these boards to speculate - and don't get me wrong, it is fun - but most of us (all of us?) have not been getting paid to coach or write about it for years, have we? Come on, let me hear your take on this one...

KevinL:

Sorry to disappoint you Sarge, but if they both win out USC will not be ranked ahead of OSU in the final BCS.  Let's look at the components.

Poll Rank: USC 3, OSU 7.5

OSU stands to move up 3 spots, USC will only move up 1 spot, that's a 2 point gain by OSU

Computer Average: OSU 3.5, USC 5.67.

USC was behind Georgia in most computer polls.  Both teams were ahead of Washington State.  Score a 1 point gain for USC.

SOS:  USC 35th, OSU 15th.  0.80 pt difference.  USC could possibly make up the entire difference here.  But Ohio State's final 3 opponents (MSU, Purdue, Michigan) will put OSU back ahead by 30 spots or more.

Losses:  1 each, no change

Quality Win potential:  Ohio State might get a small bonus here if Michigan stays in the BCS top 10.  USC has nobody on their schedule who looks to end up in the BCS top 10.

Week 2 standings have USC at 11.07, OSU at 12.60.  Ohio State will gain 1 point this week based on polls & computer rankings.  USC's temporary SOS bump will keep them ahead of OSU by about a point, but the SOS for the last 3 games and the Michigan quality win will swing the BCS in favor of the Buckeyes.

Florida State, on the other hand, will get the #2 spot unless they lose.  I guess I'll be a Wolfpack fan on the 15th and a Gator fan on November 29!

USC is ranked #2 in both polls compared to #6 and #7. that alone will keep USC ahead of OSU from here on out if both team win out. Let alone every computer will most likely have USC higher as well, so this nonesense above is for the birds.

OSU has no shot, I repeat no shot unless 5 teams ahead of them lose 2 games this yr. That wont happen. so OSU can get hyped about the Capital One.com bowl or the GMAC bowl. but the BCS wont be calling, especially after Michigan hands you, your ass.

Sarge, you are right about this week, I was surprised to see Ohio State get leapfrogged in the polls, especially by LSU who beat an unranked team.

But I won't argue with the polls, I still think if OSU ends up #3 in the polls they would pass USC in the BCS. But that is unlikely to happen.

For the Buckeyes to be in the championship game again, they needed to beat Wisconsin, and they did not get it done. Now it would take a bunch of upsets.

OK well the new BCS standings are out. Let's see how I guessed:

Poll Rank USC 2, OSU 6.5. I was way off here. I predicted OSU would close the 4.5 gap but it stayed the same.

Computer Rank USC 3.5, OSU 3.17. I predicted USC would gain 1 point, they gained about 1.5. Pretty close.

SOS USC 13th, OSU 20th. I predicted USC would catch OSU and they did.

As I said above, I am surprised by the leapfrogging of OSU by Virginia Tech and LSU in the polls. I'm not saying they shouldn't have, I'm saying it is rare for a team to win and get passed in the polls this late in the season.

KevinL:

Just a note about SOS.

Penn State is just 2-7, but the 7 teams they lost to have a record of 48-23.  So Ohio State's 2nd level opponents from the Penn State game are a total of 52-29.  Don't expect the SOS to take a huge hit from this game, I would guess not more than 7 or 8 spots.

Ohio State SOS fell from 15th to 20th. At least I got something right.

HD Man:

Kansas State 2000:

Ohio State has zero shot at getting to the national championship game this year. Oklahoma, Miami, USC, and Florida State are the only teams with a shot left.

Hey bonehead...U watching ESPN...better scratch one off the list...
Now we know which of us is the "bonehead" lol I nailed the top 5 in the BCS and have listed the top 4 here. cool_thu

Look it's pretty clear Oklahoma is the #1 team and they deserve being #1... All this BCS talk is just that OSU,USC,VT,Miami,Flordia State everyone is pointing fingers at who they beat and where they should be...YOU HAVE TO WIN OUT PERIOD..so really today... for me makes no diffrence I think the only real crime in the polls is Miami..sure they got their butts handed to them..but I seem to recall them handing FSU their hats in their House!!! Oh well..OHIO STATE getting passed over is fine and really is OHIO STATE's fault..We did not look impressive period..I love Krenzal for what he did for team last year but Mcmullen is throwing the ball alot better our Defense is ranked #1 against the rush and is as good if not better up the middle than last year..Fox is a weakness at Corner but not his natural position Gamble is awesome flat out a top 5 corner..Our Linbackers foget about it our bench Linebackers would be starting at most Div. 1 schools Michigan State is going to be a tough one for OHIO STATE Smoker is a tough kid with something to prove..If Ohio State beats MSU I think they will get past Purdue..THEN IT"S OUR FIRST BOWEL GAME..."THE GAME" MICHIGAN..to be honest I think OSU will probaly lose 1 of the last 3 and will play like LSU in Citrus...or IF OHIO STATE wins out Rose Bowel against Miami or FSU..I see OKlahoma vs USC in Sugar. shrug