[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Why Sarge should be let in

polksalet

Let me say that Sarge and I agree on most things. However he is a huge OKie homer and a bit of a psycho and acts insane, and probably is in fact insane. I miss his banter with the OSU fans and OU haters, in fact without that banter this forum will suck for over a year.

If I were one of the ones who won the bet with him I would want him to come back with my permission bearing a horrific sigline and any other punitive damages that the winners wanted to inflict.

Personally whenever I beat someone down at something I like to see them wallowing in their defeat as I get more joy from that than the initial conquest.

I am not trying to tell you guys what to do with your winnings, just hoping to improve upon them and impove this forum.

Let me say that Sarge and I agree on most things. However he is a huge OKie homer and a bit of a psycho and acts insane, and probably is in fact insane. I miss his banter with the OSU fans and OU haters, in fact without that banter this forum will suck for over a year.

If I were one of the ones who won the bet with him I would want him to come back with my permission bearing a horrific sigline and any other punitive damages that the winners wanted to inflict.

Personally whenever I beat someone down at something I like to see them wallowing in their defeat as I get more joy from that than the initial conquest.

I am not trying to tell you guys what to do with your winnings, just hoping to improve upon them and impove this forum.

645929[/snapback]

I couldn't agree more. I don't see what the fun is in banishing someone for a year when you can torture them over their loss on a daily basis. I mean, the only way banishment might be better is if you really hate the person and don't wish to deal with them.

Let me say...if you can develop hatred for someone on an internet forum, you are your own kind of tool and need to visit the life dept. at Wally World.

I could care less if he's here or not. He made the statement on his own accord that he would leave if OU lost, i know if i said that and came back he'd bash me until there was no tomorrow, so if he decides to show up that's just what i'll do to him B)

I disagree about this forum needing someone like that around as i and many others have found it quite nice :D There are plenty of Pac 10, Big 10, Sec, ACC and Big 12 fans here to have some good heated battles. Take mine and Perchoutofwater for example as OSU looks to kick the Athena out of Texas in September. Right Perch? :D

Take mine and Perchoutofwater for example as OSU looks to kick the Athena out of Texas in September.  Right Perch?  :D

646117[/snapback]

If by OSU you mean Oklahoma State, you might be right. If you are refering to Ohio State, no way.

All kidding aside, unless Texas suprises me, I really don't think they will be all that good next year. They will have to replace Benson on offense, and Johnson on Defense, and still need to find some decent receivers.

I really don't think they will be all that good next year.  They will have to replace Benson on offense, and Johnson on Defense, and still need to find some decent receivers.

646150[/snapback]

I am surprised you don't think they will be that good, as they are in every pre season top ten "poll" i've seen. They must have something that these people are buying into. I could see Texas winning the Big 12 next year.

I am surprised you don't think they will be that good, as they are in every pre season top ten "poll" i've seen.  They must have something that these people are buying into.  I could see Texas winning the Big 12 next year.

646155[/snapback]

Who besides Vince Young is going to run the ball? Who is going to catch the ball? Those are my biggest concerns. As much as I hate to say it, A&M will probably win the conference.

Sarge made his own bed and nobody forced him to go. He took the easy way out and decided it was best not to face the music of his boys being a heartless, over-rated team.

Monsters of the Midway was another bet and Perch got a sigline bet out of the deal.

Sarge took his own action and it is what it is. :D

It's pretty simple: if anybody will think this is a boring forum, then don't bother clicking on it.

Who besides Vince Young is going to run the ball?  Who is going to catch the ball?  Those are my biggest concerns.  As much as I hate to say it, A&M will probably win the conference.

646168[/snapback]

Didn't I see that A&M got a top 5 recruiting class for next year?

Recruiting classes don't matter much, just look at Texas the last 5 years or so, great recruiting classes and poor coaching don't amount to much.

646777[/snapback]

I'm the last person in the world who wants to defend Texas but I'd be hesitant to say Texas has been an 'absolute failure' over the last 5 years.

2004: 11-1 (Rose Bowl Victory)

2003: 10-3 (Holiday Bowl Loss)

2002: 11-2 (Cotton Bowl Victory)

2001: 11-2 (Holiday Bowl Victory) - Lost in Big 12 Champ Game

Can't really say 43-8 over the last 4 seasons isn't "amounting to much." The biggest problem is that they just can't beat OU (4 of those 8 losses)

Other 4 losses were to Colorado (2001 Big 12 champ), @ Texas Tech, Arkansas, and Washington State (2003 Holiday bowl).

Sarge made his own bed and nobody forced him to go. He took the easy way out and decided it was best not to face the music of his boys being a heartless, over-rated team.

Monsters of the Midway was another bet and Perch got a sigline bet out of the deal.

Sarge took his own action and it is what it is. :D

It's pretty simple: if anybody will think this is a boring forum, then don't bother clicking on it.

646169[/snapback]

Bing. Gil gets it right.

Toooo bad, but hey, some folks can't stand the heat when they lose so they leave.

Did Sarge agree to leave The Huddle for a year or just the College Football forum?

I see him posting and betting in Pro Football?

648423[/snapback]

Just the college forum, I believe. He can always read this stuff too, as a "lurker".....

Let me say...if you can develop hatred for someone on an internet forum, you are your own kind of tool and need to visit the life dept. at Wally World.

645950[/snapback]

:D Can I use that one? It's right up there with Monsters' re: the Special Olympics....