[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

be vweary quiet.........

URLACHERisGOD

teamprimos:

buckeyes are hunting oklahomos  uhuhuuuhuhhuhu

No need to be quiet. We've been here all year long yelling and screaming, knowing full well there are poor shots like you hunting for us. We've been on every cover of every magazine, predicted #1 at the beginning of the year and still holding fast to our position.

"Oklahomos"...I love that one. You have the nerve to call us homos, yet we are kicking the crap out of everyone in our path. I don't know what's worse: getting beat by a group of girls or by a crew of "OklaHOMOs". Either way, we're unstoppable and there's nothing anybody can do about it!

URLACHERisGOD:

teamprimos:

No need to be quiet. We've been here all year long yelling and screaming, knowing full well there are poor shots like you hunting for us. We've been on every cover of every magazine, predicted #1 at the beginning of the year and still holding fast to our position.

"Oklahomos"...I love that one. You have the nerve to call us homos, yet we are kicking the crap out of everyone in our path. I don't know what's worse: getting beat by a group of girls or by a crew of "OklaHOMOs". Either way, we're unstoppable and there's nothing anybody can do about it!

So, which position are you playing this year? What number are you? I'd like to watch for you on the field next game.

"we" = tool

dirtyleaguecommish:

URLACHERisGOD:

teamprimos:

So, which position are you playing this year? What number are you? I'd like to watch for you on the field next game.

"we" = tool

Exactly

This whole thread is irrelevant. The boilers are going to knock OSU out of the title game anyway! Then OSU will be pissed, beat michigan and send the boilers back to the rose bowl!

Then oklahoma will win the national title. And not too many people will care.

GO USC!!!!!!

Go Boilers..

I have to admit Sgt. If nothing else it's been a lot of fun messing with these threads...

I know you have enjoyed it.....

Dragon:

Well, WE are waiting for your answer...     wink  

Because it is simply inappropriate. Popular misuse has no bearing on the argument. Being an alum has no bearing on the argument. Making annual contributions to the team has no bearing on the argument. The term "we" is a pronoun used by the speaker to indicate the speaker along with another or others as the subject.

The University of Michigan Football team had a bye this past weekend. THEY moved up to #5 in both polls. While this is exciting news for the Wolverine fans, WE cannot wait until the Michigan boys spank the Buckeyes on November 22nd.

...Please disregard this diatribe if you are of a sovereign position. You have every right to use the formal "we" address in referring to yourself.

I totally disagree with dirty on this subject.

Sports teams of all levels, high school, college, professional, even olympic represent their communities. If you are a member of that community, you have every right to use "we" when referring to that team.

If you are a Yankee fan living in the midwest, the Yankees do not represent you so you should not use the we.

I find that commonly people in the midwest who support all the local teams often use "we".

dirty uses big words....my brain can't handle it...Mongo no understand...let's just play some smashmouth football! (I am now prepared to be told that smashmouth is not a word and that I have mangled the English language...)

URLACHERisGOD:

We've been on every cover of every magazine, predicted #1 at the beginning of the year and still holding fast to our position.  

This is why OU has been predicted #1 all along...

Week Date Opponent

2 Sat., Aug 30 North Texas

3 Sat., Sep 6 @Alabama

4 Sat., Sep 13 Fresno State

5 Sat., Sep 20 UCLA

7 Sat., Oct 4 @Iowa State

8 Sat., Oct 11 @Texas

9 Sat., Oct 18 Missouri

10 Sat., Oct 25 @Colorado

11 Sat., Nov 1 Oklahoma State

12 Sat., Nov 8 Texas A&M

13 Sat., Nov 15 Baylor

14 Sat., Nov 22 @Texas Tech

I give a big applause to what is a very good Oklahoma football team. But seriously, you must admit that this schedule is a little soft.

What evidence other than listing the teams do you have to claim the schedule is soft?

North Texas 7-3

Alabama 4-6

Fresno State 6-4

UCLA 6-4

Iowa State 2-7

Texas 8-2

Missouri 6-3

Colorado 4-6

Oklahoma State 7-3

Texas A&M 4-6

Baylor

Texas Tech

Oklahoma's 4 non-conference games included 3 above-500 teams plus Alabama. How can you have a gripe about that?

Let's compare Michigan's 4 non-conference games:

Central Michigan 3-7

Houston 5-4

Notre Dame 3-6

Oregon 6-4

KevinL:

Oklahoma's 4 non-conference games included 3 above-500 teams plus Alabama.  How can you have a gripe about that?

2 out of 3 or the "above-500" teams play in the Sun Belt and WAC, so I consider this argument somewhat weak. As far as conference play goes, there are SIX Big Ten schools in the top 25 [both polls]. There are THREE Big Twelve schools in the top 25 [both polls]. I'm not blaming Oklahoma for having the soft schedule, I just think it's the reason they were predicted at #1 and will remain at #1.

As far as bringing Michigan's schedule into the discussion; I recognize that this is as soft as it gets for the Wolverines. No Wisconsin, no Penn State (okay, this year that doesn't matter much), and Ohio State at the Big House. I thought Michigan had a chance this year until they dropped that Oregon game. But, the Big Ten is unbelievable this year. I think that brings them back into respectability.

...and yes, I am jealous of Oklahoma's record. I wouldn't be a Michigan fan if I wasn't disappointed with a two-loss season.

You can say what you want, but the Big 12 has 4 teams in the top 25. and 2 in the top 5. Oh and #1 overall after beating #5 Texas 65-13 on the field.

What has any other team has beat a top 5 team by 52 pts this yr. And I seriously think Texas is the #2 in the country and I hate them. Line them up vs USC, OSU, or LSU and they would destroy them, the same way OU destroyed Texas.

Call the Big 12 what you want, but before the season is over, OU will be National Champs. Texas will win a BCS bowl. Nebraska, Okie State and KSU will all be in the top 25. And the Big 10 will have 1 team in the BCS and maybe as many as the Big 12 in the top 25. This is what I have been saying all yr, wait till the final poll and then lets compare which conference is better. But you ****ers that backed the Big 10 all yr, saying see, see. Well its starting to finish the way I predicted, and the BIG 12 will be the most dominant conference in football this yr. Wait and see, Like I have said a million times before.

Oh and OU has the 7th toughest schedule in the country, better than any Big 10 school, and the highest of any top 25 team in the BCS. So dont give me their schedule is soft. Its tougher than any that ranked, and OU still has to play a Championship game. The Lil ten doesnt have a championship game. Who would want to watch a 3 loss and 2 loss team play for anything.

Sgt. Ryan:

You can say what you want, but the Big 12 has 4 teams in the top 25. and 2 in the top 5.  Oh and #1 overall after beating #5 Texas 65-13 on the field.

What has any other team has beat a top 5 team by 52 pts this yr.  And I seriously think Texas is the #2 in the country and I hate them. Line them up vs USC, OSU, or LSU and they would destroy them, the same way OU destroyed Texas.

Call the Big 12 what you want, but before the season is over, OU will be National Champs.  Texas will win a BCS bowl.  Nebraska, Okie State and KSU will all be in the top 25.  And the Big 10 will have 1 team in the BCS and maybe as many as the Big 12 in the top 25.  This is what I have been saying all yr, wait till the final poll and then lets compare which conference is better.  But you ****ers that backed the Big 10 all yr, saying see, see.  Well its starting to finish the way I predicted, and the BIG 12 will be the most dominant conference in football this yr.  Wait and see, Like I have said a million times before.

Oh and OU has the 7th toughest schedule in the country, better than any Big 10 school, and the highest of any top 25 team in the BCS.  So dont give me their schedule is soft.  Its tougher than any that ranked, and OU still has to play a Championship game.  The Lil ten doesnt have a championship game.  Who would want to watch a 3 loss and 2 loss team play for anything.

The BCS "Strength of Schedule" score is statistically inaccurate - as would be any scored system. A Strength of Schedule comparison is mostly subjective in the college world, hence my request for discussion that can argue why OU's schedule is not on the soft side.

Your points are noted. And, as you suggested, will be revisited in the weeks to come...

Thanks for the input.

dirtyleaguecommish:

I give a big applause to what is a very good Oklahoma football team.  But seriously, you must admit that this schedule is a little soft.

Blah Blah Blah Blah. This is what the strength of schedule argument sounds like to me. If this is the best argument you all have against Oklahoma, GREAT! Regardless of SOS, no one can deny the fact that Oklahoma has the greatest team in the country right now. There is no other team that is playing at the level and caliber of OU.

Here's a little tidbit for all you OU bashers to figure out: We all know what the SOS is for OU as a team but, what would the SOS be for our 3rd stringers (since they get to play most of the 2nd half of all our games)? What more can you say about a team that is winning by 50+ points with their 3rd string line-up playing 20+ minutes of each game?

I realize that these boards are for general discussion and most people simply like to get a rise out of others. I sure hope that these arguments that people are making against OU this year are for that reason alone. If you guys truly believe these things that you are saying against the Sooners, then I seriously question the integrity of your football knowledge.

I bet you guys would argue over the weathers effect on the rankings. I think what the Okie is trying to say is his 10 starting TEXAS born and bred players are better than "ours" and as masochistic as it might sound, I wish there was some way in hell that 2,3 and 4 would lose and "our" Texans could get another shot.