[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

OSU Homers

Sgt. Ryan

OSU loses to Mich?where do they end up? Any chance they make a BCS bowl anyway?

Brad Edwards: As defending national champs with a 10-2 record, OSU would certainly be an attractive at-large option. But Texas probably makes more sense for the Fiesta because the Buckeyes were there last year, and if the Rose takes Washington State with the other at-large pick, there will be no spots left in the BCS for the Buckeyes. If the Orange has a shot at them, I think they would take it -- especially for a rematch with Miami. Worst case, the Bucks head to Orlando.

sacosud:

I guess THE OHIO STATE UNIVERISTY getting all this national pub bothers you. It's okay I understand...

I would parallel the national publicity Ohio State is getting right along with Gay Marriages and Michael Jackson molesting little boys. You can have all that! jester

Let's see, which headline would I prefer thinking

#1. "OSU squeaks out another win."

or

#2. "OU plays like **** and wins 41-3."

You gotta give this moron, Sgt Cryin bawling , credit. He is persistent.

Every year he opens his mouth very wide ( :rolleyes: ) only to insert a wagon wheel with a few broken spokes. Sooners gonna do this...Sooners gonna do that....Wolverines goona do this.....blah...blah...blah!.

I remeber last year and all your rants. What happened?

Get over it, you f++kin idiot. The Ohio State University....National Champions :D

teamprimos:

oklahomo has a good team and have not said one time they didnt but the big 12 sucks other than your team.

OSU Def is pitiful compared to OU's. Texas Tech I believe will put up the yards vs OU but maybe not the points. I'd be willin to put money on TT to beat OSU if the game were in Lubbock.... Point being that OSU's offense can't score enough points to win.... ie the other OSU beat TT 51-49. Ohio SU has scored 266/pts in 11 games and tech has scored 589 in 11 games.....

Final point here JACKASS......

OSU couldnt score enough pts the beat unranked TT, and you think they can beat OU.... what a homer

URLACHERisGOD:

sacosud:

I guess THE OHIO STATE UNIVERISTY getting all this national pub bothers you. It's okay I understand...

I would parallel the national publicity Ohio State is getting right along with Gay Marriages and Michael Jackson molesting little boys. You can have all that! jester

Let's see, which headline would I prefer thinking

#1. "OSU squeaks out another win."

or

#2. "OU plays like **** and wins 41-3."

Let me see Ryan talks about getting blow by a guy and you are talking abut Michael Jackson and gay marriages...seems you two have a theme going...You and Ryan rushing to Mass. to get your license. eek!

Sgt. Ryan:

So Dave, who whips Wisconsin in the bowl this yr.

Or do they even take an invite with a 7-6 record.   eek!  

The Badgers are 7-1 in bowl games under Alvarez, so in the last 10 years only one team in 8 has whipped us in a bowl game, and that was Georgia back in '97.

Last year in their bowl game the Badgers beat a higher-ranked team from the Big 12 (Colorado).

This year they're 7-4 not 7-6, including two losses to ranked teams on last-play FGs.

2003 Rose Bowl Champs, The Oklahoma Sooners?

1994 Rose Bowl Champs, The Wisconsin Badgers

1999 Rose Bowl Champs, The Wisconsin Badgers

2000 Rose Bowl Champs, The Wisconsin Badgers

You're making this way too easy Ryan.

OU WINNING THE ROSE BOWL WAS A DISGRACE TO COLLEGE FOOTBALL. JUST GETTING THE INVITE WAS!!!

THIS OF COURSE IS IF YOU ARE INTO TRADITION.

CONFERENCE RANK

BIG TEN

SEC

BIG 12

EAST/ACC

HAVING 1 OR 2 LOSSES IN A GOOD CONFERENCE IS BETTER THAN NO LOSSES IN A WEAK CONFERENCE. TCU

I know I've got you nailed when you start with that potty mouth Ryan.

And here you go talking out both sides of your mouth again:

Sgt. Ryan:

blah blah blah 7 National Championships.

and then:

Sgt. Ryan:

We are living in the present, today.

So which is it? Are we living in the present, or bragging about championships won decades ago?

How about we split the difference and look at recent history: the 7 seasons since the inception of the Big 12 in 1996.

Overall Record OU: 55-31, UW: 59-30

Conference Record OU: 33-23, UW: 31-25

Bowl Record OU: 3-1, UW: 5-1

Conference Championships OU: 2, UW: 2

National Championships OU: 1, UW: 0

Seasons with 8 or more wins OU: 3, UW: 6

How embarrassing and humiliating it must be to be slapped in the face with the fact that your Mighty Sooners are no better than an average team in the lil 10!

I'm looking forward to some more colorful insults from you Ryan. Don't let me down buddy.

The ONLY question that really matters is this:

are you OSU-backers going to still come on this board after Saturday's whippin' that Big Blue will put on your team?? In other words, after you lose and USC and LSU both win, will you want to talk about what lesser bowl the defending champs deserve over some other 10-2 team?

Now that will be fun... lol

Go Trojans and Go Michigan!

Coffeeman:

The ONLY question that really matters is this:

are you OSU-backers going to still come on this board after Saturday's whippin' that Big Blue will put on your team??  

Coffee, you know the answer to that question. If you forgot, check this thread Wisconsin defeats Ohio State (which you posted in by the way) where several OSU supporters said things like "Wisconsin deserved to win", "no excuses", "congrats to Wisconsin", "Wisconsin beat OSU straight up", and "OSU is not the best team (in the nation)".

I think you can be sure the OSU fans will be here, will still root for our team, but will show respect if and when the Buckeyes lose.

You on the other hand are the one who posts in the thread OSU will lose , "Bucks win ugly and will lose soon". That was a whole month ago. I guess soon hasn't come yet huh?

You are the homer who refuses to give respect to the Buckeyes even when they win. Don't ask if the OSU fans will be here. Win or lose, we will be here.

Now Kevin, you have not paid THAT close of attention to all my posts. (Good, because I was starting to wonder if you had a life.) I could go try to find them all for you, but here's a quick summary of most of my posts re: the two fine programs at OSU and USC:

If OSU wins Saturday in the Big House, no matter the margin, they deserve to go to the Sugar Bowl due to a better SOS and they are the defending champs. They are a good team lead by a great defense. ("What?!" you say...read that again, slowly...)

USC's 9 victories have all been more decisive, but SOS will hurt us if USC, OSU and LSU all win out. We cannot help that 2-3 years ago when the schedules were set, these teams were all much better, and we got lucky that our SOS was #1 last year and allowed a 10-2 team into the Orange. (Where we kicked the crap outta a coBig10-champ Iowa team from the supposedly superior conference. whatever...)

However, the IRONY is that the SOS will most likley propel us into the Sugar because if I had to bet, the odds are better for USC to win out than OSU and LSU. And most of the writers and coaches believe that the #2 team right now is USC and #3 is LSU, leading OSU at #4.

So...is that clear now? Yes, I am a "homer" if that's what you call a true fan that wants his team to win a championship SOON, but I am not one of the rather myopic anti-Buckeyes guys on this board. I will let Sgt. Ryan carry that flag.... smash

Your turn, sir....

Coffee,

You're right, I know you're one of the reasonable guys here. I was really just looking for evidence that OSU fans were still here posting after the Wisconsin loss. And I came across a couple remarks by you which I thought I could fit in and razz you some.

Oklahoma has a great team this year, has played no bad games, none of us fans of other teams can ask for anything but the chance to play them. And only 1 team will get the chance.

If OSU wins out I'm glad that they will (probably) get that chance as they are the defending champs and equal (in record) to USC / LSU at this point.

If they don't, they have only themselves to blame. They lost the Wisconsin game and thus put their fate in the hands of the voters / computers. (Same as USC in the Cal game).

I personally think LSU will have the most difficulty winning out as they have a couple tough games left. USC probably is the best bet to win out, I would agree with you.

OSU has 1 very tough opponent but Coach Tressel and the Buckeyes have given us the confidence that we did not have in the team in the Cooper era.

Anyhow, I hope you really know the answer to your "question". As far as it being fun if it happens ... not for me, but I'm sure you'd get a kick out of it.

Sgt. Ryan:

LMAO, how convenient we go back 7 yrs.

Do the math on the last 3 yrs, plus this season.  

As I explained, I went back to the year the Big 12 was formed, 1996. That is a logical starting point for purposes of this discussion. I could've gone back an additional couple of years and captured another of Bucky's Rose Bowl-winning seasons (1994), and skewed the results more in UW's favor, but that would have been arbitrary, just as is your choice of the last 3 years.

Sure you're smelling like roses now, but Oklahoma football was in the gutter so recently that the stench is still on your shoes.

Sgt. Ryan:

LMAO, how convenient we go back 7 yrs.

Do the math on the last 3 yrs, plus this season.  

Who in the country is better than OU over that span. Let alone the Big 10.

46-4 with 1 National Championship and another on the way.

46-4 in their last 50 games.  F'n Amazing.

Class Dismiss.

Come back to school, sarge, you failed.

LMAO, how convenient we go back 3 years.

If you can pick 3 years plus this one, I'll pick 1 year plus this one.

Who in the country is better than OU over that span? Let alone the Big 10?

Answer:

Ohio State 24-1, 1 National Championship

Oklahoma 23-2, 0 National Championships

Now go back to recess, just don't hang upside down too long on the monkey bars, I think it messes up your brain.

Oh, and if we go back and look at the last 3 years:

Overall Miami: 35-2, OU: 36-4

Conference Miami: 21-1, OU: 20-4

National Championships Miami: 1*, OU: 1

Undefeated Seasons Miami: 1, OU: 1

1-loss Seasons Miami: 2, OU: 0

* Also played in NC game in 2002, losing to OSU

Any other questions? We're here to help you Ryan.

Who cares about the past, no matter how recent? Let's concentrate on the present, especially the next few weeks. I think the real questions for Sooner fans now are:

1. Will the OU D remain as strong without Mike Stoops, who will probably go to Arizona by early December?

2. Will brother Bob have the time to devote to the D to make sure it doesn't suffer any mental/scheme/personnel errors in either the Big12 title game or the NC game?

A side question for us Trojan fans - why the hell didn't AD Mike Garrett hire BStoops back in the late-90s when he had the chance, and instead chose Paul ("Can't") Hackett?! Although St. Pete is doing just fine now....

Naw Kevin, it doesn't bother me - it happens all the time, since all communication is subject to personal interpretation, despite our best attempts at clarity. And on these boards, people are probably even more emotional than their usual calm selves. As a big fan, I can understand...

Sgt. Ryan, you certainly know your team - kudos. But I believe you might get a little surprise in two weeks when MStoops leaves early for the desert. Believe me, if he anything is like his brother, (and I think he is) I do NOT look forward to the newly resurgent Wildcats here in the Pac10!

Look all over the internet on this story, dude....