[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

LMFAO - OSU sucks

Sgt. Ryan

Wolverines Fan:

Gee, somebody is cranky.  I thought my post was tame compared to some of the other smack I've been reading around here.  Chill out, Sarge.

Seriously, Ohio State did play a good game and didn't give up.  I respect that.  I got nervous when they scored to make it 28-21.  It's just that I had been taking an unbelievable amount of garbage from OSU fans all week.  But my phone isn't ringing any more.  Good luck OSU in whatever bowl game you guys play.   cool_thu  

Now this I respect. Michigan played a great game, and their defense beat our offense. THey were the better team. It's unfortunate that the Big 10 has to hand losses to each other like this. On goes the tradition of knocking each other out of title contention. Glad our loss came to a conference team though.

I can't understand the complete crap all the non Big 10 fans talk. While I do hate Michigan, I really give there fans a lot of respect. They know what this rivalry is about. In any year, either team can win. Rankings, Vegas lines, predictions can all be thrown out the window. It's outsiders like Sgt Ryan that step into the middle and ruin our competition.

And no, this loss will not shut us up. Buckeye fans are always there for our team. That's why every game we play in is a sell out,home or away, regular or post season.

bothuwui:

Now this I respect.  Michigan played a great game, and their defense beat our offense.  THey were the better team.  It's unfortunate that the Big 10 has to hand losses to each other like this.  On goes the tradition of knocking each other out of title contention.  Glad our loss came to a conference team though.  

I can't understand the complete crap all the non Big 10 fans talk.  While I do hate Michigan, I really give there fans a lot of respect.  They know what this rivalry is about.  In any year, either team can win.  Rankings, Vegas lines, predictions can all be thrown out the window.  It's outsiders like Sgt Ryan that step into the middle and ruin our competition.  

And no, this loss will not shut us up.  Buckeye fans are always there for our team.  That's why every game we play in is a sell out,home or away, regular or post season.

However, had OU lost to Texas or Oklahoma State, there would have been hell to pay. And don't give me this rank bs. When OU played Texas, Texas was ranked higher than anybody OhState has played. Bottom line: we're undefeated, OhState has 2 losses, and your excuses just keep piling up. Sarge, do us a favor and start a thread: "What are your 10 favorite OSU doesn't suck because _____ excuses?".

fish-boy:

polksalet:

I love watching big 10 schools, That friggin single wing and dead-t those guys run is the wave of the future!!!!!!!!

So what would that make the wish-bone????? The next wave after the wave you are speaking about????? The S-Wing has been around 4-EVER!!! Thatys called sarcasm you moronic ******(k newbie tool.

Sgt. Ryan:

You got to understand Club.  Hes as passionate about his Michigan Wolverines as we are the Sooners. In my opinion Michigan would get creamed by OU, but Club wants his team to play the best and see what happens.

BTW, Congrats Club on the Big win.  Perry tore through that defense like it wasnt even there. OSUs team speed was 2 steps slower than Michigan all day.

Still hungover. thumbs_u I know the Big 10 style would make OU a very difficult match-up. I just wish we would get the chance to see for sure. Looks like OU and USC and I can't argue with that. If we'd have taken care of business in Oregon and Iowa. wall_bas although whoever scheduled that Oregon game the week after Notre Dame was a real genius. :D

BTW, how 'bout them Cowboys. :rolleyes:

Sgt. Ryan:

OSU flat out sucks ass.  Already down 14-0 and we are barely in the 2nd Qtr.

This is going to get real ugly.

Does anyone want to play the mighty Sooners for all the marbles.   :P      :p      :p  

Sarge/Urlacher/etc., don't let it be said I didn't come back for my a$$ kicking.

You called it, OSU sucked yesterday, although it wasn't as bad as your note above implied it would get. (Some Michigan fans in the stands almost wet themselves when OSU pulled back within 7 and then intercepted the ball.) Nonetheless, OSU got our but kicked in every phase by a very good Michigan team.

We had no running game, a decent (but not great) passing game, very average defense and average special teams yesterday. Michigan was jacked and 112000+ saw them outplay us. So congrats (and Roses) to Michigan. I hope we can return the favor real soon.

As for you (and other Buckeye-bashers), you were right that our "just winning" had hidden our real weaknesses from us "nuts." As objective as I can be, is to say we are an above average team that has gotten the most we can expect (at 10-2) out of only decent talent this year.

Anyway, you were right as far as OSU's weakness in key areas and Michigan proved it. (Both points I truely hate to admit.) However, I still dispute your assertion the Big12 is better than the Big10. (As you Okies like to say "That's just the way it is".)

Your Sooners are the best team this year and from the highlights I've seen, it looks like USC would be the most likely to give you a decent game in the Sugar. However, as a Big10 fan, I also sort of hope USC loses, so they might be picked for the Rose Bowl vs. Blue. That would likely give you LSU, in what would be a home game for them. That might offer OU a decent challenge in the Sugar also.

Private Ryan, your arrogance makes me sick. All I can say is, stick to the posts about your beloved Sooners, because the rest of your posts have zero validity and have been shot down with little effort. 

Edited by Gopher

Sgt. Ryan:

At one time it was 28-7 and a holding call prevented it from being 35-7.

It's true the holding penalty took a TD off the board for Michigan. If you watch the replay, though, you see that Michigan's LT reached out and tackled OSU's DE, who had a clear path to the QB and would have creamed him from the blind side before he threw. At a minimum, that would have been a sack inside the 10 yardline, and very likely could have been a fumble or even potentially an injury to Navarre. The game could have swung in OSU's favor had the Michigan kid NOT held on the play.

And I'm not an OSU apologist, just setting the record straight. In the end, the better team won, no question.

I don't get the whole "our conference is better than yours" thing - who cares? I don't root for a conference to win its games, I root for one team - Trojans. Trying to "prove" that one team is better than another by the overall strength of the conference they play in is downright silly, and has no basis of logic.

Back in the day, USC used to play in a conference that was very weak, and this year the Pac-10 has unfortunately reverted to form. However, the Trojans would still go to ND and kick butt and win in the Rose Bowl vs. either OSU or Wolverines consistently. And they won a few NC's (or co-NCs) also.

Except in the years that they LOST to those teams, who were obviously the cream of their (otherwise weak) conferences also. Meanwhile, Nebraska, Texas or Oklahoma would blow out everyone else in their conference (in any given year) and go win a championship - unless it was FSU from the "mighty" ACC or the 'Canes from the "mighty" Big East.

Gimme a break - most of the other teams in those conferences blow too. In any given year a team can rise up and dominate - and this year it is the Sooners' turn. They are scary good, and who cares about the rest of the Big12, except KSU fans? Saying OU (or USC) "hasn't played anybody" is just lame - these guys have just kicked ass all year.

The second most dominating team, so far, is the Trojans, who (besides 1 loss) have won their 10 games this year by an average of over 26 points and have scored at least 40 in their last 6 games. Except for sometimes shaky special teams, they don't suck, and deserve to be #2.

If I had to rank the conferences this year, I'd go Big10, Big12, SEC, BigEast, Pac-10, MAC, then everyone else. But....no Big10 team will be in the big dance - OU and probably USC (or LSU) will go.

Last year's NC game was a classic, and here's to hoping this year's one is just as good. And it will be played by players from just two teams, not all-star players chosen from the best two conferences... smash

Well said, Coffeeman. I guess what it boils down to is, people take it as a personal shot against their team when their respective conference is called "weak." Personally, as a MN fan, I dislike some of the other teams in the Big Ten far more than I dislike any non-Big Ten team. In fact, I pretty much hate everything about the Badgers, Hawkeyes, Illini, and Boilermakers, which are some of MN's biggest rivals. That said, I am not going to sit here and say that those teams "suck." Part of what makes rivalries so great is that both teams have a decent shot on any given year to win the game, and usually, neither team dominates for more than a few years at a time. But, the last thing I ever want to do is argue with someone about how good Iowa, Wisconsin, or Illinois is!

I'm getting a little bit off the topic here, but the last time I checked, nobody gave out a "best conference of the year" award. Teams win titles, so it really doesn't matter which conference is best, and there's really no failsafe way to prove it, anyway.

Gopher, the question is, do you root for or against your Big Ten rivals in the preseason and Bowls?

Me personally, I love to see the Buckeyes lose conference games, but I pull for them (and all the Big Ten teams) when they're playing out-of-conference games in August and September. And come December and January, I'm a big fan of everyone from our conference that is playing in a Bowl game.