[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Big 12 vs Lil 10

Sgt. Ryan

Bowl Schedule:

8 Big Ten teams, 8 Big Twelve teams, 2 head to head matchups. Likely will settle nothing but give us plenty to argue about.

What if LSU, Michigan, & OSU all win, leaving Michigan & OSU ranked 2 & 3. Wouldn't sarge just turn green! Now there's a 3 team parlay I could go for.

Dec 22, Mazda Tangerine, NC State (7-5) vs Kansas (6-6)

Dec 26, Motor City, Northwestern (6-6) vs Bowling Green (10-3)

Dec 29, Master Card Alamo, Michigan State (8-4) vs Nebraska (9-3)

Dec 30, EV1.net Houston, Navy (8-4) vs Texas Tech (7-5)

Dec 30, Pacific Life Holiday, Washington State (9-3) vs Texas (10-2)

Dec 31, Gaylord Hotels Music City, Wisconsin (7-5) vs Auburn (7-5)

Dec 31, Wells Fargo Sun, Minnesota (9-3) vs Oregon (8-4)

Dec 31, Main Stay Independence, Arkansas (8-4) vs Missouri (8-4)

Jan 1, Outback, Iowa (9-3) vs Florida (8-4)

Jan 1, Capital One, Purdue (9-3) vs Georgia (10-3)

Jan 1, Rose, USC (11-1) vs Michigan (10-2)

Jan 2, SBC Cotton, Oklahoma State (9-3) vs Mississippi (9-3)

Jan 2, Tostitos Fiesta, Kansas State (11-3) vs Ohio State (10-2)

Jan 4, Nokia Sugar, Oklahoma (12-1) vs LSU (12-1)

Me too Sarge. I see the Big Ten favored in maybe 2 games (Minnesota & OSU) and the Big 12 should be favored in as many as 6 (Nebraska, Texas Tech, Texas, Missouri, Oklahoma State, & Oklahoma).

The Big Ten drew some tough SEC matchups.

Yeah that looks like a tough slate for the Big Ten. I'm seeing several games in which a lower-finishing team from the Big Ten is paired with a higher-finishing team from another conference.

BT-8 vs. MAC-2 (Northwestern vs. BG)

BT-7 vs. SEC-6 (Wisconsin vs. Auburn)

BT-6 vs. B12-4 (MSU vs. Nebraska)

BT-5 vs. P10-3 (Minnesota vs. Oregon)

BT-3 vs. SEC-2 (Purdue vs. Georgia)

BT-2 vs. B12-1 (OSU vs. KState)

The "even" matchups are against Florida and #1 USC.

If we can come out with winning record in these games then we'll have a pretty strong case for best conference in the land.

Who gives a crap about what conference is better?? What does that have to do with anything? Notre Dame is one of the best and most storied college football programs in the land and they aren't even in a conference!!! Does that mean that none of their championships mean anything?? All this talk about Big 10 vs Big 12 is meaningless. I am a huge fan of one of the two teams you are always arguing about and think this is all ridiculous. If you can go an entire season undefeated, you deserve to go to the national championship game. Regardless of conference. End of story. We saw Saturday just how hard that is to accomplish. That is what makes us watch the games. That's what keeps us coming back year after year. The BCS is a crock of crap. You will always be able to second guess a computer, or human voters for that matter. Until we get a playoff of the top 8 teams (by win-loss record) you will never have a true national champ. You will have a team that played well enough to beat one good team on one night. You beat three good teams, three games in a row, on neutral ground, you got yourself a champion. I will always love to watch college football, but this year especially proves how screwed up the BCS is. The team that 79 out of 128 professional college football writers and coaches say is the number one team in the land doesn't even get the chance to prove it! OU has a great team this year. OSU has a great team too (although not of the same caliber of last year). However, in an 8 team playoff format, neither team makes it to the final game IMHO. Anyway, tear this apart if you want, I really don't care, just shut up about conferences and root for your team. WIN OR LOSE!! That is what makes us fans!!

Spreads for the Big 8:

NC State (-11) over Kansas

Huskers (-3) over Mich St

Texas Tech (-13) over Navy

UT (-9) over Wazzu

Hogs (- 2 1/2) over Mizzou

Ole Miss (- 2 1/2) over Ok St

K St (-7) over Ohio St

OU (-6) over LSU

Spreads favor Big 8 by a margin of 5-3; though no Big Ten team is a double-digit dog like Kansas, no team is a double-digit favorite like Texas Tech either.

• 4 weeks later...
Sgt. Ryan:

Id bet the Big 12 has the better conference record in these bowls when its all said and done.

Of course I can't razz Sarge too much since I agreed with him.

KevinL:

Me too Sarge.

Although favored in 5 bowl games, the Big 12 only managed to win 2 (Texas Tech over Navy, Nebraska over Michigan State). Big 12 teams didn't win a game since December 30.

The Big Ten was the underdog in all 8 games but managed to win 3 (Minnesota, Iowa, Ohio State).

Counting just bowls played New Years Day & after, the Big 10 was 2-2, while the Big 12 was 0-3.