[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Flick's Mythical 8-Team College Football Tourney Version 4.0...

Flick

For the 4th time in I believe 5 years I'll be hosting my mythical 8-team college football tourney.

Seeds will be out on Monday. So, who will the 8 teams be, who will that 9th team be that gets left out of the mix. Who gets the #2 seed if LSU beats Georgia. Could a big school 3-loss team or a small school 1-loss team get in? Stay tuned.

If you would like to influence my choices feel free to expalin why your favorite team should be in the final 8, or why they should be a nice high seed.

This should be fun Flick.

A few comments before I get to my 8:

* The only 1-loss, small conf team worthy of consideration is Miami (OH), and IMO they aren't even in the top 12, despite their BCS #11 standing.

* With the exception of Georgia (if they lose Saturday), the only 3-loss, big conf team worthy of consideration would be KState, provided they can beat OU on Saturday. 3-loss Iowa and Purdue are not worthy.

* Arguably the best team to get left off is Florida. They lost some very tight games to strong opponents.

Without further ado, my seeds:

1 - Oklahoma: Duh.

2 - USC: The best of the 1-loss teams.

3 - LSU/GA winner: Winning the SEC says a lot, and both these teams are scary good.

4 - Michigan: On a roll, with convincing wins over Purdue and OSU late.

5 - Texas: Embarrasing loss to OU keeps them from being higher, but beating Mich would earn 'em a rematch.

6 - Tennessee: Only a notch below the SEC's best.

7 - OSU: Certainly no "style points", but the defending Nat'l Champs have earned a spot in the field.

8 - LSU/GA loser: no shame in losing this year's SEC championship game.

9 - Miami: Gets the nod over FSU based on winning the head-to-head.

Hey flick, how does this work - do you just take scores from the final regular season game, or an average of the last few games, or bowl games - what?

I can almost agree w/dave's rankings, except I'd put Miami in the 6th spot instead of the Vols. I do this because while OSU deserves to be in there, I think the Canes can beat them if the rumored rematch (in the Orange or Fiesta bowl) happens. Tenn. already lost to Auburn and UGA, and I think they would lose to FSU, Miami and OSU in a bowl...

How does it work? Well, it is all in my head, based on how I think the game would go if the two teams met, taking into consideration current injuries and current form of the teams - plus the location of the bowl game they happen to draw into.

The last few seeds will certainly be tricky, have to see what happens over the weekend. Some of the interesting questions would have to be, do you take a 3-loss Georgia team over a 2-loss Tenn, FSU or Miami team?

Tenn beat Miami, and Miami beat FSU, do those results make the difference.

As was mentioned, Miami (Ohio) is up to 11 in the BCS, would another win put them over the mass of 2-loss teams.

Check in and see on Monday.

The first time I did this I had K-State making the finals, and then they went out and lost the Big-12 championship game.

The year Oklahoma went undefeated they won this tourney in a thriller over FSU, turned out to be right on the money.

I think I had Miami beating Oregon the year that the BCS took Nebraska instead.

Kansas State 2000:

Flick:

Good Luck this weekend K-State -

Thanks.

If K-State holds on to the ball and forces a few turnovers they may have a shot. K-State needs to play the best they have all year to win this game.

lol

At least the Cowboys have a shot wink .

Good luck anyways. thumbs_u

Seeds and matchups come out tomorrow - I do need a point spread and over under line maker.

The mythical action will start on Wednesday.

Who will be the top seed?

Who will be numbers 2 and 3?

Can K-State or Georgia get in with 3 losses?

Can a one loss team from a small conference get in?

Wait and see...