[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Should OU be eligible if they lose?

theeohiostate

If OU were to lose to K State and not even win their own conference, how could they even be given the opportunity for a national title :confused:

It seems to me that OU would have little chance moving the ball against the nations best teams that have a Defense ( Michigan,LSU,OSU,Georgia) The best D they have faced all year came from the SEC, in the Auburn game, where they had their worst Off. output of the season and escaped with a 20-13 win. Auburn is just a blur of what these other teams could impose on this team. I feel sorry for all the OU homers, not seeing the light, this team will disappoint BIG TIME in a title game, but it looks like it'll be against USC, so it'll be a close game, thank your lucky stars they won't have to play any of those 4 teams above.

All day I have been hearing that if LSU wins then they are in. Anyway, I still think they should be given the shot at the title if they lose, everyone else has a loss at this point and they have clearly DOMINATED all year long. I don't know who will win the championship, I feel it could go either way depending on who gets in, but for some reason I have had a hunch about LSU.

HAT TRICK

I agree cool_thu

Regardless of the records, watching all these top teams weekly, I feel LSU is the best team in the country followed by Michigan, OU , USC and OSU.

It's a shame there is no playoff system in place yet, but it's coming in some form shortly and all these teams that choose weak scheduling just for the W , will pay the price.

OU may not only lose this game, but White could be losing his grip on the Heisman.

If OU can come back to win this one, they will finally have my respect. It's games like this that make a national champ, I find it funny why everyone questioned OSU ability last season because most of their games were close, but good teams can come from behind, win the close ones, and beat quality opponents week in and week out. OU has yet to do any of the above and that is why i have maintained a lack of enthusiasm about their validity as a #1 team. LSU seems to be the only team in the country that has shown the character of a CHAMP.

theeohiostate:

If OU were to lose to K State and not even win their own conference, how could they even be given the opportunity for a national title   :confused:  

It seems to me that OU would have little chance moving the ball against the nations best teams that have a Defense ( Michigan,LSU,OSU,Georgia) The best D they have faced all year came from the SEC, in the Auburn game, where they had their worst Off. output of the season and escaped with a 20-13 win. Auburn is just a blur of what these other teams could impose on this team. I feel sorry for all the OU homers, not seeing the light, this team will disappoint BIG TIME in a title game, but it looks like it'll be against USC, so it'll be a close game, thank your lucky stars they won't have to play any of those 4 teams above.

Yo idiot. KSU has a better defense that any you listed above except LSU.

Oh and OU will win this ballgame and play USC in the title game.

Sgt. Ryan:

theeohiostate:

If OU were to lose to K State and not even win their own conference, how could they even be given the opportunity for a national title    :confused:  

Yo idiot. KSU has a better defense that any you listed above except LSU.

Oh and OU will win this ballgame and play USC in the title game.

I think LSU is better than USC, JMO though.

I am watching the 2 games DUMB****, are you?

I guess your a little upset that the great OU Def, looks like cottage cheese!! Hell, OSU D looked better against Michigan than these clowns do!! I have already felt the pain of my Buckeye loss, grap a box of tissue, OU sucks and now THE ENTIRE NATION can see for themselves.

Michigan 15.9 pts per game allowed, and by the way they too, play a tougher schedule

K State 28-7

OU best in the nation jester jester

OU homers wall_bas wall_bas wall_bas

Listen, OU and LSU are virtual locks, but....

The Notre Dame loss really hurts USC. If LSU AND Boise St wuin tonight, LSU will end up 5 SOS spots higher than USC. If Boise St loses, then LSU would still be in if ranked aheaqd of USC in 6 of the 7 computers, and they will be, or if Georgia stays in the BCS top 10, which is questionable.

For USC to get in, OU would need to lose and drop to 2nd in the polls behind USC yet ahead of LSU. If OU drops to third, OU and LSU still go to the championship.

What makes that unique is that if Oklahoma loses drops to third and USC becomes #1 in both polls, USC still will not play for the championship.

The #1 team in both polls sitting out of the championship game. This is what the BCS is for?

Yuke

I have a feelin that OU still gets in to the Championship game even with the loss. I know it's gonna be close between all 3 schools, but I think it will be LSU left out in the cold which is too bad because they had a great year and handled the Bulldogs with ease for the SEC title.

Actually I think my 'Canes could handle all of them but that's for a different thread wink .

Way to go Ryan...even in admitting defeat, as graciously as you can, you still open your stupid mouth up to say stupid things...your defense comment of KSU being better...come on?? That acid trip your on has got you in another world other than us...

This BS of OU not dropping further than 3 is crap as well...that logic doesn't hold at any other time in the season, so why now...a highly ranked team that loses typically drops 4-7 spots...but OU losing to the #15 or #13, oops, GETTING KILLED by a team ranked that high only drops 2....BULL****...Best teams playing right now are...MICHIGAN, LSU, USC...

As was mentioned before, at least when the LUCKEYES won their national title, they won ALL their games...Ryan, that was NO LOSES...

Playoffs are needed...especially if the #1 team, USC, doesn't even get to play in Title Game.

It's a no-brainer, LSU should play USC for the title. But, oh yeah, that's right, the knuckle-heads behind the BCS don't have a brain between them. If you don't win your conference championship OU, you should not be allowed to play for the national title. Especially after getting whooped so late in the year. If I was voting in the polls, I would drop OU to fourth behind Michigan too after that whooping, 2 losses or not. Michigan took care of business late in the year against a quality opponent in Ohio State. OU did not.