[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fiesta Bowl - Kansas State -7

Kansas State 2000

Sort of - maybe the shock of your team's destruction of OU will wear off and the line will come down. Right now, people are still very impressed, and rightfully so, but maybe the perceived gap between OU and everybody else including OSU will narrow. Perhaps the OSU D personnel matches up better against KSU's O than the Sooners' did, but I have no doubt that your D can shut down the anemic Luckeye offense...

I don't bet very often, but isn't the line based more on early betting action than a real prediction of the final margin? And a better question for KSU fans - aren't you confident enough to bet on the Wildcats regardless of points given? As a fan you are free to do so, as long as your team doesn't go in too overconfident!

Kansas State 2000:

I'm surprised we are that high of a favorite, what do you guys think?

Not really, considering the way your cats thumped OU and the way OSU got handled in its last game, at UoM. Personally, I'd have made the line higher (other than accounting for the difference in fan/bettor bases).

Also, I think it's going to be tough for the Bucks to get focused and motivated in this one. A lot of air came out with the UoM loss...and the local/national press had hyped Columbus up for a trip to Miami to revisit last year's NC game.

Frankly, a 2nd straight holiday trip to the desert and KSt's relative lack of national name has made it hard for OSU fans and team to hide their tepid enthusiasm. (No offense meant...I just refer to what you yourself have said before, namely that KSt doesn't get respect or airtime outside the Big12. Plus even after that great win, KSt is ranked lower.)

The OSU team has really had to force enthusiasm in local interviews so far, falling back on "the Fiesta did treat us pretty good last year...and they said it wasn't just because it was the NC game".

It's just my guess, but I figure it takes the OSU team a week or so to get over the disappointment of not getting Miami again, and start building interest in this game. As for fans, I've already heard from a travel agent friend that game pkg. bookings are off 25% from prior years (even excluding last year).

Its early, but that's the way I'm seeing things on the Ohio end right now.