[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

College Bowl Picks

URLACHERisGOD

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Jesse - I have been out of touch for 3 days in one those B.S. corporate thinktank deals with all the top brass plus some pee-ons (sp?) like me. No cellphones, email, or Web access allowed - very intense 15 hour days, etc. Hate those things - something about re-engineering our company's whole business service model with over 30,000 employees/agents involved. They tried to make it sound important...

Can I still play? Just emailed you from my Yahoo account...

KevinL:

May as well extend the deadline to kickoff of tonight's game, no?

Yeah...I've gotten 4 more "sign-ups" today. It's getting fun trying to coordinate all the info on my spreadsheet (god, i'm a friggin' football nerd loco ). Anyways, let's go ahead and extend it to kick-off.

Kansas State 2000:

URLACHERisGOD:

Kansas State 2000 ,

I was looking at the Pick Spreadsheet and I've got you as picking OSU over KSU...is this correct????    :confused:

Yes, I've found it a curse to pick my team thus the OSU selection. hmmmmmmmmmmm vewy vewy intewesting brow

I am now leaving work and going home. So, even though the game doesn't start for a little bit, it's officially too late wink . We've got 13 Huddlers fighting for the "Ego Cup". Good luck to all! cool_thu

I have re-sent the spreadsheet to everybody. If you didn't get it, let me know (via email) and I will re-send it to you.

here are my picks:

miami (oh)

nc state

boise st

oregon st

hawaii

bowling green

va tech

pitt

mich st

texas tech

ucla

wisc

minnisota

southern miss

arkansas

boston college

iowa

west virginia

georgia

michigan

fla st

mississippi

tenn

the buckeyes!

ga tech

lsu

let me know if you got north texas in time or not no big deal if you didnt thanks!

coxxy rules buckeyes forever!

chaulk us up a W for the Miami(OH) game, this team is GOOD!! I have seen them 3 times this year and feel they would finish above .500 in ANY conference in the country. NO DOUBT! It's a wonder why TCU ducked this game, I wish they would have had a better match-up though, to showcase the quality of the MAC this year.

theeohiostate:

chaulk us up a W for the Miami(OH) game, this team is GOOD!! I have seen them 3 times this year and feel they would finish above .500 in ANY conference in the country. NO DOUBT! It's a wonder why TCU ducked this game, I wish they would have had a better match-up though, to showcase the quality of the MAC this year.

WHOA! Hold that thought, sparky. It's a 7 point game now in the 4th Q.

Actually, this game means absolutely nothing since we all picked Miami to win. :confused:

Down Goes Frazia:

Props to Urlacher(I never though I'd say that about a Bear fan) for getting this go'in........ quality spreadsheet. thumbs_u 

Thanks a bunch. I have put in a few hours on all this but, I enjoy doing crap like this. Thanks to everybody for getting their picks in. It was actually a better turnout than I had expected.

BTW teamprimos, I've got your picks logged and will email spreadsheets again tomorrow.

Over and Out,

--Oklahomo lol

9 games played so far (that we've counted) and here is how it looks as of now:

7 CORRECT PICKS:

-URLACHERisGOD

-Coffeeman

6 CORRECT PICKS:

-Sgt. Ryan

-Kansas State 2000

-Meat Face

-Trojanmojo

-KevinL

-teamprimos

5 CORRECT PICKS:

-McSooner

-davearm

-Down Goes Frazia

-unateve

-theohiostate

4 CORRECT PICKS

-Boilerduff

I hope you all had a Merry Christmas, Chanukah, Quanzah, or any other holiday that you may be celebrating! Happy New Year! I'll keep you all posted on the rest of the games.

GO SOONERS!

Hey UIG - you're apparently pretty good at both spreadsheets and picking teams - good job! Of course, I'm hanging in there too - it took a real Trojan fan to pick Cal over VT and to have the Pac10 going 5-1 overall. We'll see how it ends up soon....

Happy Holdiays to my fellow college bowl prognosticators!

Since work is so slow and I found some time on my hands, I put some bells and whistles on Urlacher's spreadsheet, making it as automatic as possible for updating results. It is also updated thru last night's games (12/29 Alamo bowl) with 9 of 26 games played.

All you have to do is literally type in the winning team's name into column H (exactly as it appears in column F) and the whole thing just updates by itself. Taking away most (if not all) potential for human error.

This is how a USC grad does spreadsheets. smash It can also be easily cleared and re-used for any future tournaments, i.e. March Madness, if you know a little about Excel.

If anyone is interested, I can forward it to you, if you email me at: mike_bechthold@yahoo.com.

Happy New Year and Go Trojans!

Coffeeman:

Double check what, spelling or grammar?  I apologize if I used improper English somewhere - feel free to use your red pen like my old teachers used to do....

I meant the accuracy of the spreadsheet functionality. I was just busting on the "USC grad" part. Just trying to bust on you a bit (66% graduation rate... tsk tsk). :D wink

Well, I'm a 100% guy - finished (and paid for)undergrad and grad the old fashoined way - I borrowed the money! Then made it all tax deductible with the home equity loan. What good is an uncle (Uncle Sam) if you can't use his help?

When home values went up 15-20% for a couple years in a row, I sold and then used the proceeds to cancel all kinds of debt. So I'm done with all school loans instead of 10 more years of payments. Although you have to trade up another $100K for the next step up the housing ladder, that helps the taxes too and its not so bad when you have a 3.25% adjustable or a 5.5% fixed loan.

See, I'm using that business degree. But I still wish I could've gotten it all for free via a nice 100% athletic scholarship...