[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

College Bowl Picks

URLACHERisGOD

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I seem to be the guy with the time now, so here's an update thru last nights' (12/30) games, with 12 games played:

Trojanmojo - 9

Coffee and Urlacher - 8

SgtRyan, KS2K, DGFrazia, Meatface, KevinL, TheOHST, teamprimo - 7

McSooner,davearm,unateve - 6

Boilerd -5

TM and Coffee both had 1 of 2 the Pac10 teams winning last night, but TM had the right one and I had the wrong one, so he gained 2 spots on me - ****! Hmm, is it just coincidence that the USC fans are in the lead in our little contest and the Pac10 is also doing well so far in the bowls? Maybe not...

Next update will probably be on Friday morning, (1/2) with another 10 games to be played in 2 days between now and then. Wow, that's a lot of beer and chips - we'll all have to hit the gym next week...

Happy New Year to all!

Coffeeman:

I seem to be the guy with the time now, so here's an update thru last nights' (12/30) games, with 12 games played:

Trojanmojo - 9

Coffee and Urlacher - 8

SgtRyan, KS2K, DGFrazia, Meatface, KevinL, TheOHST, teamprimo - 7

McSooner,davearm,unateve - 6

Boilerd -5

TM and Coffee both had 1 of 2 the Pac10 teams winning last night, but TM had the right one and I had the wrong one, so he gained 2 spots on me - ****!  Hmm, is it just coincidence that the USC fans are in the lead in our little contest and the Pac10 is also doing well so far in the bowls?  Maybe not...

Next update will probably be on Friday morning, (1/2) with another 10 games to be played in 2 days between now and then.  Wow, that's a lot of beer and chips - we'll all have to hit the gym next week... 

Happy New Year to all!

lol It's no coincidence my man. The Pac-10 gets no love from anyone but those of us from out west who know better. It's just the way things are. We shall always be underrated but that's cool. Wait 'til we beat down Michigan in the RB and take a share of the NC. We got no love last year going into the OB either with all these Iowan hacks telling us how we couldn't play smashmouth football, then we pasted those farmboys. It's deja-vu all over again this year. computer wink

After going 0-5 yesterday,it's becoming clearer to me why i don't gamble. I bow down to Coffeeman for posting 15 wins, good job! thumbs_u

I guess i'll stick to what i know(plumbing), anyone need a new toilet? :D I just replaced mine,guess i'll stick my head in it.

GO BUCKS

theeohiostate:

After going 0-5 yesterday,it's becoming clearer to me why i don't gamble. I bow down to Coffeeman for posting 15 wins, good job! thumbs_u

I guess i'll stick to what i know(plumbing), anyone need a new toilet? :D I just replaced mine,guess i'll stick my head in it.

GO BUCKS

cool_thu lol cool_thu

thanks for the props, but I consider myself as only the paper champion until Sun. night....

Seriously though, we could make this more interesting next year by adding some point spread points to the equation. That is, you get more points for picking an underdog to win than a favorite. I think the "favorite" could be either by Vegas point spread or by how many of us picked them (like Urlacher did for us this year,) or a combination of both. This would only take a few extra minutes to set up, with the way I've got the old spreadsheet going now.

What do you guys think?

Only the Sugar is left, and this is what our final standings will look like if OU wins:

Coffee - 17

KS2K, MeatF - 16

dave, trojanm, teamp - 15

UrlacherIG, SGRyan, DGFrazia, unateve, KevinL - 14

McSooner, theohoist -12

boilerd - 11

If LSU wins:

Coffee - 18

dave, trojanm, teamp - 16

KS2K, MeatF - 15

Urlacher, SGRyan, DGFrazia, unateve, KevinL, theOHST, - 13

boilerd - 12

McSooner - 11

Enjoy the game....

I just realized maybe why my numbers are a bit diff from KS2K's - he may be including the first game (Memphis won), but they are not included in my totals. I consider us picking 27 games, not 28. A little trivia - we are collectively (14 of us) right at 50% correct going into the Sugar bowl game....

Coffeeman:

I just realized maybe why my numbers are a bit diff from KS2K's - he may be including the first game (Memphis won), but they are not included in my totals.  I consider us picking 27 games, not 28.  A little trivia - we are collectively (14 of us) right at 50% correct going into the Sugar bowl game....

According to my counting, you and I tie for the win if Oklahomo wins - 17 apiece.

Here we go:

Coffee - 18

davearm, meat, trojanm, teamp - 16

KS2k - 15

UrlacherIG, PvtRyan, DGFrazia, unateve, KevinL, theOHIOSt - 13

boilerd - 12

McSooner - 11

This was out of 27 games picked, so the winner was 2/3 (66.6%) correct, and the 14-person group overall was 52% correct. Here's how the favorites (of our group, not Vegas) vs. underdogs did: 14-13. Here's how the conferences did:

SEC, ACC (?!) - 5

PAC10 - 4

BIG10, WAC - 3

Mid-American, BIG12, BIG East - 2

MT West - 1

So much for all the talk about the Big12 and Big10(+1) teams being dominant....

I will forward the final spreadsheet to UrlacherisGod, and he can forward to whomever he sees fit.

My Trojans are on top of the world, along with LSU, and so am I. Talk to you guys next year!

It just goes to show ya - betting on the Trojans and the Pac10 (points or no points) can make you wealthy and happy. I didn't have the balls to bet bigger $, but I did make enough to help pay for some of those big gifts that "Santa" left for the kids. You guys did too, right?

What?? You say you didn't take my advice and bet some $ on USC, who beat the spread 12 of 13 games this year? Only 6.5 spread over the slow, corn-fed Wolverines, and some of you guys didn't take the easy $? I thought it would be 24-17, and I was a pessimist when it went down as 28-14.

I thought LSU would beat OU 20-17 in a defensive squeaker, and again, I was proved a slight pessimist at 21-14. Hell, those Vegas guys even gave me 6.5 to play with - again, easy $! (But alas, I was too chicken shi-t to go big.)

Sorry if you weren't all as "lucky" as me; hope you got nice raises for 2004 to help pay for your Xmas stuff.....