[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Superbowl opening line

frenzal rhomb

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Destroying Minnesota and Atlanta just don't seem to compare to destroying Indianapolis and Pittsburgh.

Pats and -7? Gimmegimmegimme.

668978[/snapback]

Sounds almost TOO easy, huh?

That's what scares me.

Gonna wait to see if TO laces 'em up this and next week. Even with him, though, I think the Patriots are a juggernaut (read: 1 game from dynasty status) right now and nothing will stop them.

:D

Lay the 7 now and hope it goes to 10 by game time then bet the same amount on Phil.  If it hits at 8 or 9 you win both ways

668995[/snapback]

With the $ I won on the Eagles/over (yeah by ONE point! :D) I already threw 30 down on the Patsies. :D

I just put down $105/100 giving the 7.

Now waiting for all that New England money to come down and move the line up.

669002[/snapback]

And you know it'll happen! :D

What's up with that over? 48? As much as I hate taking the under bet, I could only see this game going 24-17 at most.

The Pats just beat two very good teams with relative ease. I don't understand how anyone can bet against them. If TO was 100% maybe they have a decent chance. Losing Chad Lewis isn't going to help either, and if the Pats get Seymour back look out!

Here are two possible scenarios for the Super Bowl:

1. The Pats win and cover easy in a high scoring game.

2. The Pats win in a lower scoring game with very few turnovers, and don't cover.

The Pats just beat two very good teams with relative ease.  I don't understand how anyone can bet against them.  If TO was 100% maybe they have a decent chance.  Losing Chad Lewis isn't going to help either, and if the Pats get Seymour back look out! 

Here are two possible scenarios for the Super Bowl:

1.  The Pats win and cover easy in a high scoring game.

2.  The Pats win in a lower scoring game with very few turnovers, and don't cover.

670521[/snapback]

I totally agree with you, and would actually throw a third scenario in there, which I believe will happen...

The Pats win and cover within 3 points in a moderately high-scoring game. The opening o/u was 48, at least on my book. It's already gone down a half point. I could see it around 44. Pats 27-17.

But yeah, with TO it may mean the Pats don't cover... 27-24 ... but that'd at least hit the total.

Will be an interesting one to bet on, for sure.

Will be an interesting one to bet on, for sure.

670537[/snapback]

I've sucked it up this post-season, so maybe I'm not quite the one to be talking, but I don't see this as an interesting one to bet on at all.

This game just screams New England and the Under.

I've sucked it up this post-season, so maybe I'm not quite the one to be talking, but I don't see this as an interesting one to bet on at all.

This game just screams New England and the Under.

670614[/snapback]

Everyone was "screaming" for the unders yesterday and both went over... and I won on both accounts... although the Philly/ATL one was as close as you can get.

And for the record, the reason I dubbed it "interesting" was based on the fact that the Eagles appear to be "clicking"... and could get its best WR back. Add in the fact there will be no weather concerns, neutral site, blah blah blah...

Additionally, I already put some down on the Pats -7, since everyone and their mother will be betting on them to win by 10+.

Edited by darin3

Here is what I am thinking. The Patriots won both of their Superbowls by 3 points. This Eagle team is a lesser challenge than last years Panthers? Or that soft Rams team the Pats pushed around?

I don't think this line will move to 9 or 10. I'll wait to see if it continues to inch up and hope to get in at +7.5 or maybe 8.

I wouldn't even consider laying 7 on New England in this game. If you do, you are living dangerously.

Philly is going to get destroyed. Sure they looked good in their two playoff games but the teams they played were from the JV NFC.

Philly vs the AFC this year didn't do well at all:

week 6 @ CLE -- won in OT 43-41

week 7 BALT -- won 15-10

week 8 @ PIT -- lost 27-3

week 17 CINCY -- lost 38-10 (I realize they rested everyone but it's what the did).

Even throwing out that Cincy game at the end the Eagles play against the AFC this year has to be considered sub-par.

Pats vs the NFC are 4-0

week 2 @ ARi -- won 23-13

week 6 SEA -- 30-20

week 9 @ STL -- 40-22

week 17 49ers -- 21-7 (won even though they had 2nd place locked up).

In addition, Philly ranks 16th in the NFL in rush defense giving up 118.9 YPG and 4.3 YPA... but I'm sure J. Trotter will fix all that :D

The Pats are just too good, and Philly fans are going to realize that it hurts just as much to lose the SB as it does to lose in the NFC Championship game.

Philly is going to get destroyed.  Sure they looked good in their two playoff games but the teams they played were from the JV NFC.

Philly vs the AFC this year didn't do well at all:

week 6 @ CLE -- won in OT 43-41

week 7 BALT -- won 15-10

week 8 @ PIT -- lost 27-3

week 17 CINCY -- lost 38-10 (I realize they rested everyone but it's what the did).

Even throwing out that Cincy game at the end the Eagles play against the AFC this year has to be considered sub-par.

Pats vs the NFC are 4-0

week 2 @ ARi -- won 23-13

week 6 SEA -- 30-20

week 9 @ STL -- 40-22

week 17 49ers -- 21-7 (won even though they had 2nd place locked up).

In addition, Philly ranks 16th in the NFL in rush defense giving up 118.9 YPG and 4.3 YPA... but I'm sure J. Trotter will fix all that  :D

The Pats are just too good, and Philly fans are going to realize that it hurts just as much to lose the SB as it does to lose in the NFC Championship game.

671408[/snapback]

I respectfully disagree. The Patriots have built a dynasty on the fact that they are just a little bit better than the other team in every game they play. The Patriots just aren't a "blowout" kind of team. Had Pittsburgh not handed them the game on a silver platter in the opening minutes, the rest of the game was fairly even. The Eagles may well lose, but I just don't think it makes sense to lay 7 on this game based on what I see.