[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

"I just learned so much"

pork chop express

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HW is a great player, but it was kinda odd to see him cry the way he did. I've seen players shed a tear or 2 or get choked up, but dude was flat out crying; and not just for 10 seconds. He kept going on. Kinda bizarre..

671686[/snapback]

It honestly doesn't bother me one bit. Some people are emotional and cry. Guys who have a problem crying or seeing people cry are the real pusslys. I am happy to see a guy who puts that much heart into his team. Make fun of him all you want, I knew it was coming when I saw the clip, but I am glad he is a Steeler.

It honestly doesn't bother me one bit.  Some people are emotional and cry.  Guys who have a problem crying or seeing people cry are the real pusslys.  I am happy to see a guy who puts that much heart into his team.  Make fun of him all you want, I knew it was coming when I saw the clip, but I am glad he is a Steeler.

671691[/snapback]

I didn't make fun of it..It's fair to say that this was just not something you see frequently from a football player. Notice that I didn't pass any judgement on him. Stop being so touchy.

I didn't make fun of it..It's fair to say that this was just not something you see frequently from a football player. Notice that I didn't pass any judgement on him. Stop being so touchy.

671697[/snapback]

Sorry Glabra, I actually wasn't responding to you. I didn't mean to quote you on that, I was responding to some of the more immature posts above yours. Sorry.

I don't think we need to worry about Hines Ward being gay. When I think of a tough WR, he's the one that comes to mind. He's never been a player to shy away from applying a good lick on a DB to spring another player for a big gain or continue downfield and take a hit instead of going out of bounds. The man plays with passion and hates to lose. Pure and simple. :D

HW is a great player, but it was kinda odd to see him cry the way he did. I've seen players shed a tear or 2 or get choked up, but dude was flat out crying; and not just for 10 seconds. He kept going on. Kinda bizarre..

671686[/snapback]

that's a little better way of saying what i wanted to say. guy is having some issues. it's not like he will never get there again.....or maybe he won't. he has always seemed a lot tougher than this. he is consistently mentioned as the toughest wr in the game and then he comes out blubbering for an extended time in public. tough loss and a tough end to a good season.

he has always seemed a lot tougher than this. he is consistently mentioned as the toughest wr in the game and then he comes out blubbering for an extended time in public.

671870[/snapback]

You think he cannot both be the toughest WR in the NFL and cry? His emotional involvement in the games is what makes him so tough. To actually break down - after the season is over - because they lost not only the AFC Championship, but, more importantly, may be losing a player that has been the heart and soul of this team for a long time, is not weak.

Welcome to the 21st century.

that's a little better way of saying what i wanted to say. guy is having some issues. it's not like he will never get there again.....or maybe he won't. he has always seemed a lot tougher than this. he is consistently mentioned as the toughest wr in the game and then he comes out blubbering for an extended time in public. tough loss and a tough end to a good season.

671870[/snapback]

I haven't seen it yet, but from what I've read in this thread, and knowing how Ward is, I don't think he was crying about the loss itself. I think he was upset about the possibility of Bettis leaving and not having another chance at a Super Bowl.

I haven't seen it yet, but from what I've read in this thread, and knowing how Ward is, I don't think he was crying about the loss itself.  I think he was upset about the possibility of Bettis leaving and not having another chance at a Super Bowl.

671893[/snapback]

That's exactly what it was about. The Bus said something in the locker room about how it has been great, and Hines broke down because he thinks the Bus deserves to be a Champion. He feels like they let him down, after he took a pay cut to stay with the team as a backup, then carried that team so close to the Superbowl.

That's exactly what it was about.  The Bus said something in the locker room about how it has been great, and Hines broke down because he thinks the Bus deserves to be a Champion.  He feels like they let him down, after he took a pay cut to stay with the team as a backup, then carried that team so close to the Superbowl.

671899[/snapback]

I'm getting teary eyed just thinking about Bettis being done.

:D

So you cry you are nothing but stand-up but if you are mad and want the ball more you are a thug? Seems to me two different ways of expressing the identical frustration players must feel after losing in the AFCC.

At least I'm consistent and have a problem with neither.

Come on, Hines. Don't cry like a blubbering school girl. I know you are upset, but suck it up. Is there gay man love for Jerome Bettis?  "I'm just going to miss him so much." Hines, what is up?

671263[/snapback]

Heinz wants to be a Packer both figuratively and literally :D  :D

671268[/snapback]

You two are idiots.

You think he cannot both be the toughest WR in the NFL and cry?  His emotional involvement in the games is what makes him so tough.  To actually break down - after the season is over - because they lost not only the AFC Championship, but, more importantly, may be losing a player that has been the heart and soul of this team for a long time, is not weak.

Welcome to the 21st century.

671885[/snapback]

21st Century? I spend a lot of time at my job too and I don't drop to my knees and shed tears when I lose a project and I am directly compensated on how many projects/sales I generate nor do I tear up when my friend gets canned or moves on. I am well aware that there is a difference between being physically tough and emotionally tough. For example, if I were to take 1/100 of a beating that Hines takes in a scrimmage game, I would likely cry like a school girl and never play another down for the rest of my days, but I can handle loss and change pretty well. Football is not a game for the weak. I would venture to say that he is taking a lot of crap from his peers on this one too.

So you cry you are nothing but stand-up but if you are mad and want the ball more you are a thug?  Seems to me two different ways of expressing the identical frustration players must feel after losing in the AFCC.

At least I'm consistent and have a problem with neither.

B)

671930[/snapback]

There is no identity of frustration.

Plax wants to be Randy Moss - play when he wants to play, and not do dick if the ball is not coming to him. He is frustrated because the Steelers aren't more about Plax.

Hines doesn't give a Athena how many times he gets the ball. He gives 100% on every freaking play no matter where the ball is going. He is frustrated not because he didn't get his ring, but because he doesn't think his teammate will get the ring he deserves.

How you can possibly equate the two is beyond me.

Hines is probably the only guy I really like on the Steelers but I must admit I was kind of taken aback by how he was crying. That doesn't mean I think he is weak in any way at all but it was just something you don't see everyday. That being said I must say I actually even respect the guy more. He's a team player who wears his emotions on his sleeve. Can't fault the guy for that even if it was something you don't see everyday. Who knows after seeing Squeegie's avatar it may just be a Pittsburgh thing :D Hines can play on my Cowboys anytime he wants. We'd love to have him.