[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sheldon Brown and Lito Sheppard

will they be exposed in two weeks?

when number 12 buys time, from the heat provided by Freak and Derrick Burgess and the blitzing schemes of jim johnson, and steps up in the pocket

will they be able to stay with someone as physically gifted as david givens? will they be able to stay with someone like Deion Branch, who is as good of a route runner as there is, and doesnt slow down in and out of his cuts?

will they be exposed in two weeks?

when number 12 buys time, from the heat provided by Freak and Derrick Burgess and the blitzing schemes of jim johnson, and steps up in the pocket

will they be able to stay with someone as physically gifted as david givens? will they be able to stay with someone like Deion Branch, who is as good of a route runner as there is, and doesnt slow down in and out of his cuts?

671887[/snapback]

probably not- I don't think that The Eagles have faced any WR's as dangerous as Branch & Givens :D

Um... I'm no Philly homer, but aren't those guys all Pro Bowlers? Not guys that can hit 7-10 splits, but going to Hawaii as the best at their position. :D

Hmm, perhaps Brown isn't - but Sheppard is... and their safeties to boot.

And you should say IF #12 buys time... not WHEN.

Don't get me wrong, I think #12 performs well and is able to throw on Philly's all-star secondary and the Pats win (and cover).

I'm just sayin'......

Um... I'm no Philly homer, but aren't those guys all Pro Bowlers?  Not guys that can hit 7-10 splits, but going to Hawaii as the best at their position.  :D

Hmm, perhaps Brown isn't - but Sheppard is... and their safeties to boot.

And you should say IF #12 buys time... not WHEN.

Don't get me wrong, I think #12 performs well and is able to throw on Philly's all-star secondary and the Pats win (and cover).

I'm just sayin'......

671926[/snapback]

no, I should say WHEN, because he ALWAYs does

my point is, and this isnt some new revelation, but the only guy back there I would trust is Brian Dawkins, I think the others are benefactors of blitzes and athletic ends

Edited by forever in debt to mo lewis

lol. yeah they are terrified of Branch and Givens :D

I don't mean to be an ahole, but you asked the question.

lol. yeah they are terrified of Branch and Givens :D

I don't mean to be an ahole, but you asked the question.

672006[/snapback]

well considering Deion Branch caught 10 passes for about 150 and a td in Superbowl 38..and Givens has caught a TD in every playoff game, except last years divisonal round against Tennesse, in the last two years...and Sheppard and Brown are 1st year starters..I think maybe they should be a bit concerned

well considering Deion Branch caught 10 passes for about 150 and a td in Superbowl 38..and Givens has caught a TD in every playoff game, except last years divisonal round against Tennesse, in the last two years...and Sheppard and Brown are 1st year starters..I think maybe they should be a bit concerned

672023[/snapback]

I don't think they are worried. The key to this game is how well the Eagle Off. performs. The def. will do their job no doubt.

I don't think they are worried.  The key to this game is how well the Eagle Off. performs. The def. will do their job no doubt.

672029[/snapback]

So do you think the Eagles can win if Westbrook doesnt exceed 20 touches?

Hes going to be getting the Marshall Faulk treatment...gettin beat up all night by Willie Mac or Mike Vrabel every time he tries to run a route..can he take the pounding?

So do you think the Eagles can win if Westbrook doesnt exceed 20 touches?

Hes going to be getting the Marshall Faulk treatment...gettin beat up all night by Willie Mac or Mike Vrabel every time he tries to run a route..can he take the pounding?

672080[/snapback]

He can take the pounding, and covering him with a linebacker isn't going to happen. When TO takes the field then thay have more problems.

He can take the pounding, and covering him with a linebacker isn't going to happen. When TO takes the field then thay have more problems.

672114[/snapback]

im not talking about covering him with the linebacker..im talking about greeting him at the line of scrimmage and beating him up when he tries to run routes..throwing off the timing

The key to this game is how well the Eagle Off. performs. The def. will do their job no doubt.

672029[/snapback]

this is what Steelers fans were saying last week . . .

yo NSab, I didn't know you signed up for a fishing expedition this afternoon- how much did MoLewis charge you?

672152[/snapback]

I don't know this guy :D he was using my bait though.

McNabbs hands is a good place to be. Mcnabb is not Vick. He is actually a QB, not just an athlete.

some random thoughts:

1. Everyone tried to come up with a reason for Philly to lose either of the first two games of the playoffs: resting their starters in weeks 16 & 17 (remeber that fiasco?), Vikings coming into Philly off big win versus Packers, Eagles without T.O., Falcons exposing a poor Eagle rush defense, Vick being a monster....nonetheless, the Eagles won by double-digits in each game, and won each in convincing fashion, just as the Pats did.

2. No one gave the Panthers a shot last year, and they showed up with less firepower than the Eagles posess...and turned in a performance worthy of any Super Bowl contender. The 32-29 game last year was perhaps the best SB ever in terms of 4th-quarter drama.

3. Andy Reid is a terrific coach, perhaps 2nd to only Bellichek. Where this area has been a advantage for the Pats in the past, it is more of an "even" factor this year. Beleive that Reid and D-coordinator Jimmy Johnson, with two weeks of prep, will be able to come up with some schemes that will slow the Patriots offense.

4. Similarly, the defenses are about even in terms of play-making ability, stand-out performers, and ability to be scored on. Remember, that plodding Panther offense scored 29 on the Pats last year, and that was with Ty Law in the secondary. Similarly, the over-persuing Eagles defense can surrender the big play, and I envision Brady and Dillon each getting at least one long pass/run. Though both defenses will have stretches in the game where they control the flow, there will be some decent scoring for both teams.

5. I think the Eagles will get off to a fast start in the game, but the key will be whether they can hold the lead. The Pats, with the wealth of experience and savvy, will have no problem playing from behind. It won't be nerves or dropsies or penalties that hinders their ability.

The question will be can the Eagles play from ahead? Avoid the costly turnovers and bad penalties and be able to move the chains with a 3rd of 4th quarter lead?

Call it a hunch, but I think they can.

Eagles 27, Patriots 25 :D

some random thoughts:

1. Everyone tried to come up with a reason for Philly to lose either of the first two games of the playoffs: resting their starters in weeks 16 & 17 (remeber that fiasco?), Vikings coming into Philly off big win versus Packers, Eagles without T.O., Falcons exposing a poor Eagle rush defense, Vick being a monster....nonetheless, the Eagles won by double-digits in each game, and won each in convincing fashion, just as the Pats did.

2. No one gave the Panthers a shot last year, and they showed up with less firepower than the Eagles posess...and turned in a performance worthy of any Super Bowl contender. The 32-29 game last year was perhaps the best SB ever in terms of 4th-quarter drama.

3. Andy Reid is a terrific coach, perhaps 2nd to only Bellichek. Where this area has been a advantage for the Pats in the past, it is more of an "even" factor this year. Beleive that Reid and D-coordinator Jimmy Johnson, with two weeks of prep, will be able to come up with some schemes that will slow the Patriots offense.

4. Similarly, the defenses are about even in terms of play-making ability, stand-out performers, and ability to be scored on. Remember, that plodding Panther offense scored 29 on the Pats last year, and that was with Ty Law in the secondary. Similarly, the over-persuing Eagles defense can surrender the big play, and I envision Brady and Dillon each getting at least one long pass/run. Though both defenses will have stretches in the game where they control the flow, there will be some decent scoring for both teams.

5. I think the Eagles will get off to a fast start in the game, but the key will be whether they can hold the lead.  The Pats, with the wealth of experience and savvy, will have no problem playing from behind. It won't be nerves or dropsies or penalties that hinders their ability.

The question will be can the Eagles play from ahead? Avoid the costly turnovers and bad penalties and be able to move the chains with a 3rd of 4th quarter lead? 

Call it a hunch, but I think they can.

Eagles 27, Patriots 25  :D

672932[/snapback]

You are talking about beating the Vikings and the Falcons by double digits? Neither of those team would have been in the playoffs if they were in the AFC. 11-5 for Atlanta = 8-8 in the AFC.... The Eagles inflated their regular-season record (13-3) facing a substandard schedule this season. Opponents were a combined 116-140 and the Eagles faced just three quality opponents all season. They were hammered by Pittsburgh (15-1), squeaked by Baltimore (9-7) by five points and crushed Green Bay (10-6) which, you will soon see, is no great accomplishment. Bonus Cold, Hard Football Fact: The Eagles faced four teams that made the postseason (Pittsburgh, Minnesota, Green Bay and St. Louis and outscored those opponents by a mere 1 point per game (21.0-20.0). Those numbers were from www.coldhardfootballfacts.com

You are talking about beating the Vikings and the Falcons by double digits? Neither of those team would have been in the playoffs if they were in the AFC. 11-5 for Atlanta = 8-8 in the AFC.... The Eagles inflated their regular-season record (13-3) facing a substandard schedule this season. Opponents were a combined 116-140 and the Eagles faced just three quality opponents all season. They were hammered by Pittsburgh (15-1), squeaked by Baltimore (9-7) by five points and crushed Green Bay (10-6) which, you will soon see, is no great accomplishment. Bonus Cold, Hard Football Fact: The Eagles faced four teams that made the postseason (Pittsburgh, Minnesota, Green Bay and St. Louis and outscored those opponents by a mere 1 point per game (21.0-20.0). Those numbers were from www.coldhardfootballfacts.com

672960[/snapback]

11-5 = 8-8 in the AFC? Is that a joke? You can't compare the two confrences in terms of strength of schedule. Just like the better NFC teams feed on San Fran, Arizona, Chicago, New York and Detroit, the AFC teams get to feed on the likes of the Browns, Bengals, Texans and Dolphins...whoops, I shouldn't put Miami in that category...after all, didn't they pull the biggest point-spread upset of the season over NE, eliminating them from the home-field advantage race(not that it meant much in the AFC)?

Which makes the point even clearer....doesn't matter who is on your schedule, you gotta beat them.

And the Eagles didn't inflate their record to 13-3...they deflated it from 15-1.....they played their back-ups the last two weeks. And because of this, you can also throw out that stat about the coldhardfootballfacts.com point-differential because it includes the St. Louis game. Take that game out the equation (a 20-7 Eagle loss, I beleive), and now you have the Eagles winning by an average of around 6 per game....

The Eagles are 15-1 (13-1 regular season, 2-0 playoffs), so they have done a pretty good job in my opinion. Too bad that, after getting hammered in the regular season by Pitt (like the Patriots did), they didn't get a shot at revenge (like NE did)...like the Pats, the Eagles would have soundly beaten the Steelers team that showed up Sunday.

11-5 = 8-8 in the AFC? Is that a joke? You can't compare the two confrences in terms of strength of schedule. Just like the better NFC teams feed on San Fran, Arizona, Chicago, New York and Detroit, the AFC teams get to feed on the likes of the Browns, Bengals, Texans and Dolphins...whoops, I shouldn't put Miami in that category...after all, didn't they pull the biggest point-spread upset of the season over NE, eliminating them from the home-field advantage race(not that it meant much in the AFC)?

Which makes the point even clearer....doesn't matter who is on your schedule, you gotta beat them.

And the Eagles didn't inflate their record to 13-3...they deflated it from 15-1.....they played their back-ups the last two weeks. And because of this, you can also throw out that stat about the coldhardfootballfacts.com point-differential because it includes the St. Louis game. Take that game out the equation (a 20-7 Eagle loss, I beleive), and now you have the Eagles winning by an average of around 6 per game....

The Eagles are 15-1 (13-1 regular season, 2-0 playoffs), so they have done a pretty good job in my opinion. Too bad that, after getting hammered in the regular season by Pitt (like the Patriots did), they didn't get a shot at revenge (like NE did)...like the Pats, the Eagles would have soundly beaten the Steelers team that showed up Sunday.

673038[/snapback]

So you are assuming that the Eagles would have won both of their last 2 games? I know you must have been extremely confident since they just trashed the vaunted Washington Redskins 17-14, and the immovable object Dallas Cowboys 12-7. If you think that the Vikings or the Packers would have playoff eligible in the AFC you are wrong! The Jets would have been the #2 seed in the NFC. Yes you do need to beat the teams on their schedule, but a good record with a soft schedule is not as nearly as impressive as a good record against a schedule with 8 quality opponents. Just my 2 cents

• 2 weeks later...
Wouldnt it be ironic if the game was actually put in Mcnabbs hands as was the case in the last 3 NFC Championship games before this season.  If I were BB Id make McNabb throw the ball to Stinkston and yoru weak ass Peoples Champ all day long.  Chip Westbrook with a LB and cover him with E Wilson and play zone all day long.  McNabb will be throwing the ball at the Wrs feet and get picked at least twice.

672582[/snapback]

LMAO, McNabb threw 1 more INT than i predicted and he lost the game as I predicted.